The REAL 2010 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Sep 29, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The REAL 2010 Week 12

2010 Week 12

Deadlines for completing games are:
    For User Games - No Later Than Thursday 9/30, 10pm PST
    For CPU Games - No Later Than Wednesday 9/29, 10pm PST

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #19 Arizona Wildcats (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 48-42 against USC (8-1).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C David Bryan has committed to New Mexico
    - (***) RG Lynn Kemp has committed to SMU
    - (****) HB Johnny McCloud has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) LG Parker Williams has committed to Arizona State
    - (****) HB B.J. Williams has committed to Arizona

=============== #11 Oklahoma Sooners (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma lost 45-27 against Texas Tech (7-3).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Adrian Jones has committed to USC

=============== Baylor Bears (4-7) ===============
    Last week, Baylor won 14-13 against Texas A&M (3-7).
    This week, the Bears will host #11 Oklahoma (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Baylor targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Claude Hancock has committed to Baylor
    - (***) WR Tim Brooks has committed to Baylor
    - (***) RE Drew Lamb has committed to Baylor
    - (****) DT Maurice Spencer has committed to Baylor

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 27-14 against Northwestern (6-4).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #4 Ohio State (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C David Bryan has committed to New Mexico

=============== #17 Michigan Wolverines (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 41-10 against Purdue (6-4).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #7 Wisconsin (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Jakari Adams has committed to Michigan

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (3-7) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 14-13 against Baylor (4-7).
    This week, the Aggies will host Nebraska (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Johnny McCloud has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #4 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 41-14 against Penn State (3-7).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (6-4).

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 44-13 against Cal (4-6).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Josh Johnson has committed to Oregon
    - (****) RT Erik Mobley has committed to Oregon

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 48-7 against Oklahoma State (8-2).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Notre Dame (4-6).

=============== UCLA Bruins (5-5) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 33-23 against Washington (4-6).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== #3 USC Trojans (8-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 48-42 against Arizona (7-3).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Corvallis to face the #22 Oregon State Beavers (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 38-21 against Indiana (6-4).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #17 Michigan Wolverines (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Reggie Inman has committed to Wisconsin
    - (***) CB Jason Brown has committed to Wisconsin

2. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

After a terrible lost to Texas Tech coach EnvyZero unexpectedly quit. The lost was too shameful and worst of all it kicked OU out of contention to play for the National Title. Coach MTN199 took over as the head coach and for his first game he played against his former team Baylor. MTN199 knew what to expect from Baylor. Robert Griffin as expected had a field day against OU's DB's and threw lights out. It was up to MTN199 to respond. After taking most of the game to get a handle of his new team he was able to get some great stops and great offensive production to seal the deal in this tight game. Although the score was close do not expect close games like this next season once MTN199 gets a full off season with his new team. OU pulled out the victory for the new head coach 29-22.

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Actually the only thing that makes the OU sim loss really bad is that the cpu doesn't take into account the scores of other games during the season. OU stomped TAMU 31-3 and TAMU stomped TTech 31-19.....need I say more on who should've won in a sim matchup? I don't know what the formula is for sim games, but it needs to include scores from other games. I mean it has Tech blowing the 2nd ranked team in the country out! This happened to me in LoC when my simmed game had UK beating me as South Carolina, after it almost had me beat #2 Miami earlier in the year due to user game connection failure. Bottom line is that it's nobody's fault but the cpu should never blow out the #2 team. It just doesn't happen in week 11 of a season, maybe early, but not late. If OU sim wins that matchup like they should then there's no issue.

That said: Lucky for you Sux with the upgrade in team. Hope you do well with it, but not too well :p as now I'll have to really step it up for our rematch next year.

4. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

I fully agree that there is no way the CPU should have won. Hopefully things like this will be fixed in future updates.

I am looking forward to next years game! By then I will know my teams strengths and weaknesses.

5. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

[​IMG]

"Baxter Continues HOT STREAK, Leading Trojans to Victory Without Barkley"

[​IMG]

" The USC Trojans were able to keep up their 8 game winning streak against conference foe Oregon State despite Matt Barkley Being unable to go. This was accomplished in part to FRESHMEN STANDOUT Dillon Baxter, who as he has done ever since given the oppurtunity provided a strong running game. "I feel like I am in the perfect system.." Baxter Said when asked about how he is able to perform at such a high level consistantly, "This pro-style offense has allowed me to do what the coaching staff recruited and believed I could do... HIT THE HOLE and GO" Thats exactly what he did against an Oregon State defense shredding them for 193 yards on 17 carries and 2 TDs. When Coach Smith was asked if he thinks Baxter should be a heisman canidate he said "You Tell Me... He is the HOTTEST BACK in the country over these last 8 games, and hasnt lost since being named starter.. Does that Say HEISMAN to You"..

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im aiming for Baxter knees in 2 weeks Dre :)

7. DreSmithJr

(n)

go look at my depth chart sir..

u might wanna keep him IN..

lowest rated back.. but i use him because he is the guy to be in real life, and has shown amazing footwork in his limited time on the field in reality.

on the game i think that just makes me work harder with him. he is lower in ever attribute to all my other backs lol

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

im going for all their knees then!!!

9. DreSmithJr

[​IMG]

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its too depressing for me to look at USC's depth chart when their number 4 guy could be starting for us at pretty much every position so I dont!

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The Big House definitely made its presence felt on this game, even after the game was postponed twice due to "freezing weather" (har har har). The fans made it tough to audible and kept the offense from getting in any groove. "I put the blame on myself and my playcalling" Coach Mexi said after the game. The defense failed to get much pressure on Michigan QB Forcier, who methodically worked the ball down the field. Superstars Clay and Toon were both kept in check. The turning point of the game was when Michigan was able to score with 4 seconds left in the first half on a Roundtree TD reception. "The D did a bad job knocking down passes. Even with only one game left and the bowl game, this is something we can work on for the rest of the season and going into the offseason." One game left in the season against Northwestern, then its time for the dreaded 3 week bye at the end of the season for Big 10 teams.

#17 Michigan 33 - #7 Wisconsin 22

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Once again it looks like we will be advancing early. Jayrah, get you game in or post here asap if you need more time.

13. Jayrah

We're kicking off right Now! Rainy Kyle Field @ College Station. Great day for an upset!

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Alright, no one is going to be pissed at me in the morning (y)

15. Jayrah

Nebraska 21 @ Texas A&M 24

Texas A&M once again showed at home what the year was supposed to be about. The game was anything but pretty, but the Aggies managed to really step up in the second half, watching Randy Bullock nail a 41 yard field goal as time expired to knock off the Cornhuskers on a rainy day at Kyle Field. The kick was a bit of redemption for Bullock, who missed a 31 yarder last week at Baylor, which would've won the game in the final minutes. "It's real nice to get a shot again this week. Really nice. I let the team down last week, and this week they gave me another chance. They fought their butts off just to get me back in that position. I'm just so happy I could take advantage and make it pay!"

An awful start left the Aggies down 14-0 near the beginning of the 2nd quarter, including the very first play of the game going for a 67 yard burst by Nebraska rb Rex Burkhead, and then Burkhead again getting in from only 1 yard out. However, between those two touchdowns, perhaps the biggest play of the game happened when Nebraska qb Zac Lee was sacked by the TAMU defense, straining his throwing shoulder and knocking him out of the game.

Backup Cody Green came in and performed admirably, going 16 for 19 for 232 and a td, but the A&M defense just didn't respect the offense the rest of the game. Instead they loaded the box and took Burkhead away, daring Green to use his arm to beat them. For a 5 minute stretch from the 6:30 mark to just over a minute left, it seemed like that might happen, until the NU kicked pushed a 38 yard field goal wide right, giving the Aggies one more spark.

Christine Michael led the charge for TAMU, going for his second 100 yard rushing performance of the season and scoring the Aggies' first touchdown in the process. Cyrus Gray added another score, and Tommy Dorman gave the Aggies the lead at 21-14 with a beautiful roll out pass to TE Kenny Brown in the late stages of the 3rd. Rex Burkhead led the Huskers with 114 and the previously mentioned 2 tds, and Curenski Gilleylen led all receivers with 5 catches and 109 yards.

The Aggies close out 2010 with the trip to Austin to face the #4 Longhorns.