The Red and Black Attack -ASU Preseason Outlook

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

The Red and Black Attack -ASU Preseason Outlook

The Red and Black Attack – Preseason Outlook for the Red Wolves

The campus at Jonesboro, Arkansas is ecstatic about the inaugural season for new coach sabo. In his first year at the school he racked up a 11 win season, 8-0 in conference play, Sun Belt title, and a New Orleans Bowl victory. So the fans of Arkansas State have a lot to look forward to this year. ASU is returning a large part of their starters from last years team.

For the first time in school history there are several Red Wolves listed on the preseason all-american team. Sophmore halfback Frankie Jackson is looking to have a great second season with the Red Wolves. As a first team all-american he hopes to improve from his first year stats in which he rushed for over 1400 yards. Jackson said he was honored to be listed as a top player in the college football world.

This year Coach Sabo has his work cut out for him with the 2011 schedule. After the success of the 2010 season many top teams took notice and scheduled the Red Wolves. Coach Sabo had this to say about the upcoming schedule. “We have a lot of great teams on our schedule this year. We will have to be on our game and take care of business this year. After a great year like we had last year many teams will be out for us and also many teams will be out to prove that last years record was a fluke. I have faith in my team and their abilities and I know we can accomplish the goals we set as a team.

ASU 2011 Schedule
    Vs. Cincinnati
    @ #6 Arkansas
    Vs . Cal
    @ #16 Texas A&M
    Vs. FIU
    @ La Monroe
    Vs. North Texas
    Vs. La Lafayette
    @ FAU
    @ MTSU
    Vs. Troy
    @ Western Kentucky

Players to watch

Frankie Jackson (SO) (HB) – All-American 1st Team, All-Sun Belt 1st Team
    Jeremy Gibson (SR) (LE) – All-American 1st Team, All-Sun Belt 1st Team
    Ryan Aplin (JR) (QB) – All-Sun Belt 1st Team
    Allen Muse (JR) (WR) – All-Sun Belt 1st Team
    Chaz Scales (JR) (CB) – All-Sun Belt 1st Team
    Timothy Starson (JR) (RE) – All-Sun Belt 2nd Team
    Nathan Herrold (JR) (MLB) – All-Sun Belt 2nd Team
    Kelcie Mccray (SR) (SS) – All –Sun Belt 2nd Team
    Carlos McCants (SO) (CB/RETURNER) – All-Sun Belt 2nd Team

2. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Damn Coach your loaded this year with young All Sun Belt talent. Good luck to you and your boys!

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Thanks.
    Im pretty stoked about my team this year. Were still really young but i think we can get it done.