The Redshirts '14

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Apr 3, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Time to get the chatter started now that gameplay information is slowly being released. We are a long, long ways away. But time to get this son of a bitch back on the map. I hope like Hell NCAA '14 is legit. Regardless, this is happening, so get your preorders in.

At this time the confirmed roster is:

JohnnyClutch
    TEClemson53
    ZCar352
    ryalaman
    SuperBowlNachos
    sonn
    briosu99

The following people I would like to have back for '14 if you want in.

AJ Hart MN
    schreck822
    Screwthebcs

The final spot(s) are TBD

• Like Like x 1
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]

I kid I kid....... I'm just glad to make my first post in the redshirts chat since october or some shit

3. PAgamer07

4. PAgamer07

LOL! just for that... you get the last pick in the draft *skype middle finger*

5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

yesjacknicholson.gif

I'm listening...

6. sonn

sonn Walk On

Using a Taylor Swift gif is almost as bad as watching Legally Blonde.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PAgamer07

Nice. Long time no see. Are you interested again this year?

8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I am. I think. What I saw about the game so far is looking good, want to see a little bit more and make sure there are enough upgrades to make it worthwhile. I've hung with it this long, but will take a break until the new one comes out. If I'm playing the game, I'd prefer to be doing it with you guys, but if it's not different enough to keep people interested, I probably won't bother. Of course, by the time it comes around, I probably won't be able to help myself, college football is in my blood.

So put me down, what the hell.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

damn you're still playing this years game ?

10. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Kind of. Still in a league that's been going pretty strong, but with football season ending I've pretty well moved on to baseball and haven't been keeping up with my team other than blowing through games the past month (lots of supersimming, just don't care at this point). Would have jumped ship a while ago, but have a good guy running it so stuck with him. I haven't been playing the game as much the past few years, so it didn't get old for me as quick as it did for you guys I guess. If they don't change it much though, I will have a hard time caring to jump back in again this year.

11. PAgamer07

Biggest changes are improvement in blocking (especially screens), Infinity Engine 2.0, Recruiting overhaul and of course a new system for running (cuts, tripping, etc).

As for the league itself. Our goal this year is to keep with our quick 48 hour pace, but also have as many user games as possible. The CPU gets boring after awhile and we want to avoid that completely. Its possible we all end up in one conference, which would be at the minimum 8 user games per year.

12. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. JohnnyClutch

I would play but I'm
    [​IMG]

and a
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. JohnnyClutch

Where did you see info on the recruiting overhaul?

*Nvm, found it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I'm one of the few still actually playing '13 (in an online league with a buddy). I haven't had a chance to look at all the info that came out today but I can't wait to get going again.

16. sonn

sonn Walk On

Playing the CPU is supposed to be better this year. Plus an all user conference gives me less opportunities to cheese. :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
  17. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

My only problem with what we're hearing and seeing in all of this is that we've heard and seen a lot of it before. Everything is better, we improved blocking, coverage, passing, running, recruiting, etc. But in the end, when we get our hands on it, how much different has it ever felt, really? Generally not a whole lot from one year to the next. I'm sure if I went back and tried to play 08 or something, it would feel like a big difference, but from year to year it is pretty minor and feels about the same. Obviously I've enjoyed the game since I've made it this long, but doubt I can do that again if the stuff they are throwing out there doesn't hold up when we get it. It's good to hear some of the guys from this site that have played it are encouraged though, they aren't as biased obviously, and should be shooting us straight. Here's to hoping we have a great game, and this core group sticks together for it all this year.

18. PAgamer07

We can only hope that a great group that enjoys playing each other (except Sonjay) and more user games keeps us much more engrossed in the game. I think it will.

19. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

The drive for 5 starts...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  20. PAgamer07

You don't have four. Do you? Thats pretty embarassing if you do.

21. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

3 with Texas and 1 with the 'Cocks.

I really only count the one with South Carolina.

22. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

23. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I know in the past I use to dread user games but after playing in TMFL , I think my temper is a "little" better with user games. I know PA will laugh because of my constant skype rage about TMFL but the gameplay in that league compared to how we all play here is night & day so I'm actually looking forward to a lot more user games in NCAA. I wish it was possible to do 6 user games/6 cpu games or something, or 8/4, something along those lines. Basically a complete flip flop of how we use to play when it was 8-9 CPU games. I don't want a full blown schedule of user games just because it's a pain in the ass to schedule a game every day or so.

• Like Like x 1
  24. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I agree, I used to dread user games also, but I'm really looking forward to more Redshirts user games this year, even if I will get my ass kicked all the time. Something like 6/6 or 8/4 would be ideal to me for much the same reasons Trey mentions. I like the idea of being able to get to know my team with a few CPU games before starting the user game gauntlet each season.

25. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Whatever we do don't let the first few people decide the conferences for all and then bitch out on their teams and switch two seasons in to a different conference.

I am looking forward to smashing another controller this year. My front door still hasn't recovered from my first season.

• Like Like x 1