The Rise 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, May 19, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alright everyone we need to get a clear view on what we are going to do.

Here are our options:

1) Slim down to 2 leagues that have a conference championship with 3 users on each side.
    2) Continue what we are doing now with 3-4 star teams and try to bring some glory but use conferences that are regionally closer than what we use now so we can create some competitiveness.
    3) Open for discussion.

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I say slim it down to 2 conferences. But get everyone's opinion on what conference they want, I wouldn't mind the Big 10 and ACC. Me being a big time Purdue fan and the season they had this season they will most likely have 2 stars in '12 so I can build them up.

3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Options 1 or 2 work for me

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I really want MSU, that'll keep my interest alone. And knowing EA I don't think they will be much higher than a 4 star even with a 11-2 record. While Michigan will remain a 6 star after 3 bad seasons.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Plus you'll have those new uni's.. i think those are pretty darn slick.

My choice would be two teams for sure, the fewer conferences the more competitive it is imo.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I know for a fact they will be at 5 stars, but then again I think their toughest team they played last season was Iowa where they got destroyed, Northwestern did better than I thought with the upset they pulled out against the Hawkeyes but couldn't keep against MSU

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Also there seems to be interest (from the bottom of the call to arms thread) for one conference..

Just an idea.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

That's an idea as well. But you have to get EVERYONE on board for that one. I've seen Big 10 leagues die in a snap

9. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Custom conferences being as insane as they are in 12 could make that even more interesting too

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

@RyanC I am largely opposed to custom conferences.. feels to fake for me.

And yes masler that would require everyone on board, but I was just stating there has been some interest and I think a few people around here are pretty flexible with teams (unlike you and your Spartans ;) )

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

To me, a combination of options 1 & 2 seem best b/c it seems like the best of both worlds.

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I would like the least amount of conferences available, and I'm open to even one conference. I'd also like a challenge in building up a team.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well, who would all be down for one conference? Like I said I think enough people here would be flexible enough with team selection to pull off one conference.

Also I would like to figure this out soon and start pickin teams, I know a few leagues around here are draftin teams atm

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm fine with just one conference

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I think it would be cool because no one really does it, we could do something really different.

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea something like the MAC or Sun Belt that way we can build up our teams.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well I'd prefer a BCS conference so the winner gets a BCS Bowl bid, and a conference with a CCG would be needed: ACC, SEC, Pac 12, Big Ten

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Oh, if that's the case then Big 10 gotta have my Boilermakers.

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Well I have been in one before, and it is kind of frustrating just because that many user games takes awhile, or is hard to get games in with a quick enough pace. As for team choice I could care less. Well Maryland is my favorite team I often don't like being them. To me the idea of 2 conferences that are in close proximity so we are battling for recruits. But if the consensus is 1 conference, I'm ok with that, but it needs a conference title.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Masler would want his Spartans.. I'd love to have my Huskers, but I think i saw a guy around here (maybe) with a Nebraska avatar.

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I don't think we have any Husker fans here. But if we can get 2 conferences at the most like Big 10 and Big 12 then we will be in good shape.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'd be down with 2 conferences as well, if that would be better for everyone

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yep everyone would like 2 conferences as it seems anyways.

24. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I know the Big 10 is:

Michigan
    MSU- maslerboros16
    Minnesota
    Wisconsin
    Indiana
    Illinois
    OSU
    Penn State
    Iowa
    Northwestern
    Purdue- cougars
    Nebraska- Kasper

Is that right? It seems like Big 10 is what most people want as at least one of the conferences. As for the other conferences I see, we could use Big 12, MAC, Big East.

Unless of course we didn't want to use the Big 10. While I think the Big 10 would be great for a 1 conference league, I dont think it works well with the 2 conference idea. As for a replacement conference, not sure. Just throwing ideas out there. If we broke up into 3 conferences well that adds a whole other ripple. For me 3 would work but 4 is too big. All I know is that I dont want to edit the confernces.

25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Id really like to include the ACC.