The Rise Bio's

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, May 23, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Let's get to know one another a little better around here. We all know what teams we use and what not but it's always nice to know a little more about each coach.

Here's mine

Name: Matt

Favorite Teams: Michigan State Spartans
    Detroit Tigers
    Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions (when they aren't playing GB)
    Detroit Redwings

Work&School: Currently work in Meat/Seafood Dept at Kroger. Attending Lansing Community College for two years, earned my Basic EMT Certificate and will be continuing at Kellogg Community College for Paramedic. I hope some day I can work in the hospital setting as a Radiologist or something to do with that line of work.

Why did you select the team you are using now? Love the Spartans, never had them in a TSO OD before this one and it's been a blast so far.

Feel free to add anything you want.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Name: Tyler

Location: Huron, SD -- moving to Watertown for school in August.

Favorite Teams: Nebraska Huskers, Detroit Lions are growing on me, and would be my NFL team if I had to pick. Would have really loved them if they drafted Amukamara outta Nebraska, but I like the Fairley pick too. Also follow the Minnesota Twins (close to South Dakota, so a lot of people do around here). I'm on the OKC and Heat bandwagons for NBA.

Work & School: I've worked at a drug store (chain is Lewis Drug, a lot like a Walgreens) for about 2 years now, and probably will until I finish schooling. I was at South Dakota State University (the reason my GT is The Jackwabbit) for this past school year, but didn't like the whole 4 year thing so I am transferring to a tech school this fall. I will be taking up Precision Agriculture there. Precision Ag is basically me programming blackberrys and the like so farmers can run their sprinklers from their phone or the interent-- or making it so their tractor drops a precise amount of seed or fertilizer instead of wasting some. It also makes it so you don't even need to drive the tractor haha, I have a buddy who just sits on his laptop all day while the tractor or sprayer does its own thing.

Why did you select the team you are using now? Honestly, just basically threw a dart at a map blindfolded (figuratively). Maybe it is the Under Armour uni's?

I play a fair amount of Xbox from Rock Band to Call of Duty to NCAA. Really looking forward to MW3 after the trailer that just got released! This was a really good idea Masler too, as this league is really "vanilla" right now. Doesn't help fuzzy just waxed my team haha.

3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Name: Brian

Favorite Teams: Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens, Maryland Terrapins, Washington Capitals, Milwaukee Brewers

Work & School: Over the summer I work at the graden department at Home Depot. During the school year I work for the Maryland Terrapins football team while attending the University of Maryland. I am a Business and History major. My goal is to coach collegiate football. If not that then teach history at my highschool and coach football.

Why did you select the team you are using now? I wasn't sure who to use, and I kinda like the Huskies so I picked them.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

What do you do with the team broth?

5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I'm a student equipment manager. So I attend every practice and game prepare any equipment that they need. Also I help break down film.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm jealous man, I want to get into coaching so bad and still might be able to around here. But yeah, this guys jealous.

7. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Haha, I'm flattered. But it is exhausting work. But it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make at this point.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Name: Damien

Work and School: I graduated from Morehouse College with a Bachelors degree. And I currently work at Allstate Insurance.

Teams: Purdue Boilermakers, Detroit Lions and the Dallas Mavericks.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Do you hang out on the sideline during games?

10. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Name: Colin

Work and School: 3rd year at Arizona State and work as an intern at an IT company

Teams: Cardinals, Sun Devils, Suns

11. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Yea, always, its actually one of my favorite parts of the job. Getting to feel the emotion that the players are feeling is really cool. Plus I'm on TV all the time. When we play Miami on Labor Day on National TV, yall can probably see me.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha I'd have to imagine thats one of your favorite parts.

Good stuff man

13. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some picks of me that I found.

• Like Like x 2
  14. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Name: Greg

Location: During the school year Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio; During the summer Warren, Ohio

Favorite Teams: Cleveland Browns, THE Ohio State University Buckeyes, New York Yankees.

Work & School: Currently a Psych Major/French Minor at Wright State University.

Why did you select the team you are using now? To be honest, I lucked out and FSU was a three star team.

15. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

I'm new to the site and just stopped by to visit so I hope it's cool if I leave my info:

Name: Wiley

Favorite Team : Texas, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers

Work and School: I having been coaching for the last 5 years. I am a High School Football Coach in the "Football State". I coach at a 5A school which is the largest in Texas. We average about 8,000 to 10,000 fans a game. This past season we played in the State Semi-Finals. We had 9 go Division 1, 4 Division 2. Its the most amazing feeling ever. I coach Varsity Corners. In my 5 years I have had 2 go Division 1. I will have my 3rd next year as he just signed with University of Oklahoma two weeks ago (Slap to his coaches face!! LOL)
    In the classroom I teach English. I actually enjoy that as well.

School: I attended Winona H.S in East Texas where I played QB. I got a scholarship to Texas A&M University-Commerce which is a D-2 school. I played my freshman year their and decided to go all the way with Baseball (CF) while I was there. They allowed me to keep my Football Scholarship but play Baseball so that we were able to get 1 more Full Ride Baseball Scholarship (Didn't want to waste it on me I gues, LOL!!). It was a great college experience. I enjoy sports and being around them.

I'm not currently in a league, but I'm looking to join. Therefore I don't have a team to use in a league. However, when I play, I roll with Texas first and always.

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I don't know if that is going to work out sadly..for NCAA 12' we are strictly using ACC and Big 10 conferences.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

and I can't wait Cougars

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Haha, couldn't agree more it's going to take a while to bring Purdue to greatness though. Al Terek McBurse isn't one of the greatest running backs. Rob Marve is a spread type QB guess that's what I'm going with my first year then :D

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm drooling at the mouth to bring my Nebraska defense against Mr Marve and a spread attack.

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Let's hope you can stop the pass, if you are able to do that then you will be in great shape haha (y)

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Its usually not a problem if I have athletes that can cover haha, but when isn't that the case? :p Nebraska's secondary should be good though. I should have a good D line to chase him around too.

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I don't get too startled by pressure I'm calm cool and collected in the pocket just ask Mr.@fuzzy10gic ;)

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha, Big Ten should be a lot of fun its looking like. Me and Masler will get to battle every year which should really be interesting.

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You think you can play an unranked or ranked game right quick? My Boilermakers against your Cornhuskers?

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

shoot I could fit one in I think