The Rise Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise Coach of the Year

Going to jump start some interest. I want each of you to post your record for the season and highlight your key games of the season. Name something that has changed from last season both good and bad. If you were not with us last year then disregard the last sentence. Then make an argument of why you think you deserve Coach of the Year. NO trashing talking or your name will be ripped faster off the ballot than a fly eats shit lol.

We will have a voting session once everyone submits to narrow it down to 3 coaches, after than down to 2. Then a voting session for the winner.

Enjoy!

I will start updating records soon for our archives. I apologive if I have been neglecting the league.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Team: Michigan State
    Coach: MaslerBoros16
    Current 2011 Record: 6-2

Key Games: Upset #1 Ohio State. Come behind victory over arch rival Michigan. Annihilation of rival Notre Dame.

Good Changes from 2010: Our offense has increased in skill greatly, our receivers are doing a great job as well as both QBs. Backup Boisture has had a great season while Kirk is out with an injury. The HB core has also carried the load, helping us win games when we need them the most. Our defense has also created alot more turnovers than 2010, that has also helped us win.

Bad/No Changes from 2010: Failure to stop opposing team on 3rd down. Poor pass defense, often leaving WRs wide open in the middle of the field. Offensive line needs to keep on their blocks, too many times does a hole break down or the defenders are pile driving my QBs.

Argument: I believe I deserve Coach of the Year because we have completely turned this program around. Last year we missed a bowl by a long shot, this year by Week 7 we had a Bowl Bid secured. We have suffered two losses on the season but to good opponents. I only see victory in the future and a possible BCS Bowl in January, could possibly smell those Roses for the first time since 1988 if Illinois suffers another loss and we can win out. The play of our team has also increased greatly, they do their assignments and have cut down on penalties almost 90%. It really has been a turn around season for us and right now there is no looking back, only to what lies ahead of us. We look to add a 4th star to our prestige and become a nationally respected team. That's right, we wanna be able to play with the big boys.

3. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Team: Connecticut
    Coach: CHEESEDIP
    Current 2011 Record: 5-3

Key Games: Upset #14 West Virgina on the road. Beat a one loss Cincy team on the road. Beat Notre Dame.

Positive Changes form 2010: The offense if finally moving the ball under the arm of Senior QB Cody Enders. Another thing that has helped out Enders tremendously is that the receivers haven't dropped nearly as many balls this year.The young Defensive unit has also stepped up multiple times this year. Overall the Huskies have been turned into a winning, competitive football team this season.

Negative Changes : The running game is almost nonexistent, as the offensive line is weak and commits several holding penalties.

Campaign: Like Michigan State and Masler, this UConn ball team has made some big improvements this year and with little talent at that. We have suffered three tough losses this year to great teams in TCU, Virginia, and Rutgers. This team and I are hoping to make ever greater leaps next year. The goal for this year was just to make a bowl game and we are well on our way in achieving this goal. We hope to keep up the good work, and winning coach of the year would motivate the Huskies to go on and do ever greater things next year. Good luck to all you other coaches in this award and throughout the rest of the season.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Illinois has gotten worse and the record to go along with it. I am not worthy for it this season. Only bright spot would be my recruiting class

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Team: UCLA
    Coach: Timpegoose
    Current 2011 Record: 5-3 (3-3)

Key Games: 27-3 win over #14 Oregon, 34-17 win over Northwestern, 20-24 loss to then #1 Stanford on a last second TD

Positive Changes: My passing game has improved exponentially. Prince is missing receivers a lot less, and my receivers have been catching the ball a ton more than they did last season. Defense has stepped up and played well in multiple games.

Negative Changes: Running game is still pretty bad. Failure to win close games (3 losses have been by a combined 18 points including 1 ot loss

Argument: So far I have been able to improve upon the struggles of last year, already winning 5 games compared to the 4 UCLA won last year. I look to be on pace to bring UCLA back to a bowl, as long as I can get 1 or 2 wins out of my extremely tough schedule the rest of the way out. If I can manage to win 2 of these next 4 games that include the #1, #2, #17, and #13 teams in the nation it should solidify an appearance in a mid level bowl.

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Team: Maryland
    Coach: Coach K (Keller/mkeller25/Lt Keller)
    Current 2011 Record: 9-1 #15 - Last week ranked #21

Key Games: Wins over a now #12 ranked Miami Hurricane team and now #8 ranked Clemson Tigers, PvP win over rival #22 Virginia, Key back to back wins over Notre Dame and #20 Florida State.
    The Good...
    [​IMG]
    Offense - Senior Captain QB Jamaar Robinson has taken the QB competition and ran with it. Coach K wanted to implement a pro sytle offense this year and not rely at all at a mobile passer but the QB simply would not stop making plays and the Terps had no choice but to leave him as the starter and we've been successful with him. Another huge key is the emergence of consistent WR play. Robinson now not only has 1 WR he can trust in Torrey Smith but he has 4 in fellow starter and play maker Robbie Tyler, Slot WR Kerry Boykins and Quintin McCree. Everyone of them has come up huge when asked to. The offense is hitting all cylinders this year as well with Senior RB Davin Meggett and scatback Caleb Porzel running the ball much better than last season.

[​IMG]
    Defense - Middle Linebacker and Dick Butkus award front runner Avery Murray leads the nation in tackles and is the heart and soul of this defense. The Terrapin defense is much improved this season, completely shutting down the feared Georgia Tech offense and holding them to zero rushing yards. The defense has also pitched two shutouts this year against #8 Clemson and USF.

The Bad...
    Early in the season the run game was anemic at best. Jamaar Robinson completely carried the burden of moving the Terrapin offense and too often the Terrapins have been in shootouts because of a poor pash rush/poor coverage. While the run game has drastically improved, the pass defense sometimes still lags behind and has reared its ugly head in games against Notre Dame and Wake Forest

[​IMG]
    The Ugly...
    Maryland lost in a shootout against unlikely challenger Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons were downright unstoppable on offense and emerged victorious after throwing a last second TD pass leaving the Terrapins shell shocked and out of previous National Championship discussion.

Argument: Maryland finished 2010 with a loss against Stanford - a team the previously beat during the regular season and they finished the 2010 season 8-5 after starting out the season very hot. This season, despite being somehow ranked behind #8, the 7-2 Clemson Tigers - a team they shutout 18-0, and despite being ranked behind the #12, 6-2 Miami Hurricanes - another team they handled easily, the Terps are hopeful for a BCS bowl bid. They finish up the season against Boston College and West Virginia and if they do win out, you've got to think they have a chance of squeezing into a BCS bowl.

[​IMG]
    The argument...
    So the Terps go from irrelevant to BCS bowl contenders with essentially the same team from last season. Next season will possess new challenges with many senior starters on their way out but this season the once young Terrapins from 2010 proved they worked hard in the offseason and are ready for a shot in a big game in 2011. Jamaar Robinson has played well and if not for a fluke loss against Wake Forest there would be talk of this team in the National Title hunt. Coach K is bringing in a well rounded recruiting class after just signing 4 star MLB Matt High and the Terrapins are certainly on their way up and looking to the future.

7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Team: The Virginia University
    Coach: Ceewo
    Current 2011 Record: 6-2

Key Games: Dominated Florida State in their own house 24-0.

This is my first year at Virgina, so Im not sure how they faired previously. Im guessing not very well since they are rated as a two star program. My goal was to hopefully reach a bowl game and put together a solid recruiting class. With 6 wins in 8 games I have put Virginia in a bowl game. The recruiting class is not spectacular, but does have several 3 star recruits. This should give us a solid base to build on next year. I also have cracked the top 25 and currently sit at 22. The victory at Florida State was huge as it gave our young players the confidence that they could compete in the ACC. Week 3 we got a costly win over UConn. My top two QB's got hurt. My starter for the season and 2nd string for 5 weeks. The left us with Freshman WR Ray Keys leading the offense. We have struggled at times but have put together a season the the Cavalier faithful can be proud of. However, the season is far from over as our last 4 games are against Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Miami, and Rutgers. Regardless the outcome of these last 4 games, I am proud of the way this team has played.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Cmon guys let's do this! I want EVERYONE to do this, Hov your excuse isn't bought, you are Big Ten Champs most likely, get it done.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Team: Stanford Cardinal
    Coach: The Richuation
    Current Record: 8-2

Pros: Assumed control over team as an unranked team playing in the Sun Bowl. After winning a user-game Sun Bowl, Team became ranked to start 2nd season. Climbed to #1 overall during season. Posted 3-1 record in user games so far.

Cons: Lost to Arizona in #1 vs #2 showdown. Then, gave up 75(!!!) points to Oregon in a loss the next week. Currently sitting at #12.

Big Wins: vs UCLA, 35-0 win over USC

I have been lucky to have some talent on both sides of the ball. If I win the Pac-10 next year, then I would say I should be coach of the year. But, in all fairness, I did loose tw big games, but I have done as much as anyone to put their team in the title hunt. Take away one big play from Arizona and a wine soaked game vs Oregon and I could be staring down a NC.

10. Keller

Based on the posts I've seen I think I win just from a content/effort perspective :rolleyes:

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]

Ok, give me runner up. haha

:beernana:

12. Keller

Future Buffalo Bill right there. Cheers!

13. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Didnt they just get rid of 1 stanford QB and you want another?

14. Keller

True. Luck > Edwards and its not even close. Elway also played at Stanford mind you, heh.