The Rise of a Legend

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by fantasyboi, Jul 16, 2013.

1. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

[​IMG]
    Heisman
    7 Minute Quarters

Rules - I will only be able to jump to teams the next best ranking conference only to a bottom 3 school in the conference if the team is same or lower prestiged if I choose to leave.

Worst to best conferences:
    Sun Belt, C-USA, MAC, MWC, BCS Conferences (Independents N/A)

I am just going to post yearly summaries of play and recruiting.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 Schedule
    TBA

Top Performers
    QB - Jake Medlock (FIU) - 2,396 Passing Yards
    QB - Jake Medlock (FIU) - 12 Pass TDs
    RB - Jakhari Gore (FIU) - 1,999 Rushing Yards
    RB - Jakhari Gore (FIU) - 25 Rush TDs
    WR - TJ Lowder (FIU) - 739 Receiving Yards
    WR - TJ Lowder (FIU) - 45 Receptions
    RB - Jakhari Gore (FIU) - 4 Rec TDs

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fantasyboi

2013 Recruiting Summary
    The Panthers coaching staff did not wait long to start unloading scholarships on recruits. 25 recruits accepted scholarships by week 11; fourteen of them being 3-star recruits. The biggest impact recruit is expected to be their unscouted 6'6" 2-star QB who just might compete for the starting job in 2014.

2013 Season Summary
    After a fast start of 4-2 (losses vs #24 Vandy and #7 ND) the Panthers quickly went on a downward spiral causes headsets to be thrown all over the place. Losing their next 3 games and dropping to 4-5, the Panthers benched 2 of their QBs (Ben McLane and Ronnie Bell) and moved to their 3rd string QB, Clay Chastain. With the move came the alteration in Bosch's offense, quickly implementing a pure spread offense. Chastain came right in and turned the season around mounting a huge comeback in the 2nd half from 28-3 to win the game 31-28 alleviating some of the pressure to win out for a bowl berth. The Panthers got a lot of help as well from other schools which had the Sun Belt end in a 4 way tie for first and ultimately earned the Panthers their first Sun Belt Conference Title. With the 3 game win streak came the re-emergence of the Defense.

The Panthers brought the #1 Defense and 78th Offense into the New Orleans Bowl vs. Southern Miss. and put a huge stamp on the season, winning 20-0.

The Georgia State AD expressed worry that all 3 of his coaches might bolt to bigger schools or bigger jobs.

All three coaches reported that their decisions will come tonight on the direction they will go.

3. fantasyboi

Georgia State had a rough night losing both coordinators at the end of a great 2013 season

OC - Jordan Bosch to FIU as OC
    DC - Jesse Minter to Illinois as DC

4. fantasyboi

[​IMG]
    Jakhari Gore wins 2014 Heisman with 1,999 yards rushing

Bosch produces 1st Heisman, and that Heisman winner happens to be 49ers all time leading rusher Frank Gore's cousin.

[​IMG]
    FIU wins title in OT behind last minute goal line stand.

FIU's kicker hit a 50 yard FG with 1 minute left to tie the game. The Gator's were unfazed coming right down the field only to get stopped short as time expired. That might have effected their first drive in OT as they went 3 and out. Jakhari Gore racked up 141 yards on the ground to stop the Gators season 1 win short of success.

Offensive Coordinator, Jordan Bosch said "This is exactly why I came here. When I saw an experienced offense with the Gore bloodline in the backfield I knew there was something special. The topping is extra sweet since we beat the Gators, hate em.....HATE EM!"

5. fantasyboi

FIU loses Head Coach to LSU, promote Bosch.

Bosch released a statement later saying, "Time to go to work"