The Rise: Week 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 1 Season 2

Alright everyone, great job on getting preseason done early. Now into week 1, already have some user matchups.

USF vs Vandy

Minn vs Texas Tech

Good Luck everyone and let's get this season going. Rankings and Heisman Watch will be updated sometime soon.

Advance is no later than Thursday at 11pm EST. I'm thinking that's plenty of time for the user games.

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Barely squeaked out a victory. Scored a TD with 40 seconds left in the game, Won by 4 and had to tacked the hail marry by the other team at the 4 yard line.

3. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

How are the sliders this year, better/worse?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

my bad there i haven't tweaked them yet

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

lol Guess my new playbook is just not that good

6. The Mississippi State Bulldogs survived a scare from the Memphis Tigers and held on to win 31-28.

The Bulldogs had hoped to solve their quarterback dilemma going into this game.

"I think we're going to primarily use freshman Tyler Russell at quarterback," coach Harry Nelson said. Russell was 12-22 for 160 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 INT.

"We still will use junior Chris Relf in certain option situations, but I just don't feel like we can trust him through the air."

Indeed, Relf was the Bulldogs' leading rusher, running for 51 yards and a touchdown. The Bulldogs are still trying to fill the void after their top 3 RB's from last year all graduated.

Freshman Brandon Heavens led Bulldog receivers with 60 yards through the air. True freshman (the only one not to be redshirted) Revonn OchoCinco caught two passes for 28 yards and a touchdown.

"What really bothers me is that we had nine drops as a team," Nelson said. "Only completing 16 of 32 passes is pretty bad, but if we could just catch passes, we could have been 25 of 32. We're going have to work on hands as a team."

The Bulldogs won despite not leading in offense. KR Chad Bumphis opened the second half with a kickoff return for a touchdown.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lets advance tonightttttttttt

8. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

i support this!

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

well if everyone is done, which it looks like it it...i shall advance when i get home from class...i noticed emperor didn't do his recruiting earlier? did he ever do it?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

nope he hasn't yet either...nor has recchem done his recruiting...still waiting then...cmon guy if we get this done we can advance early.

11. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

The USF Bulls took down the Vanderbilt Commodores this week with a 49-48 win. Play of the game was when Billy tried to go for 2 after i had posted 7 in the first half of OT. His QB was denied at the 1/2" yard line to seal the win. Freshman phenom and #1 player coming out of HS Eric Butler threw for 470 Yards and 3 TD. His did make 2 mistakes but overall a great first start.

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Sounds like a heckuva game! Thats why I hope 2011 has a feature to view other users games.

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Wisconsin: 31 TCU: 14

The Badgers used a balanced attack that featured RB John Clay, who gave Coach Twist a scare by missing the rest of the game with a minor injury. Clay finished 19-85 and a TD. Backup Zach Brown filled in admirably going 17-91 and a TD as well.

MLB Culmer St. Jean jed the Badger D with 8 tackles and 1 tfl.