The Rise: Week 10 Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 10 Season 2

That was nice and fast. Let's get another week like that. Another couple of big matchups this week.

Week 10 Big Matchups:

Vandy vs #10 Florida

Miss St vs #1 Alabama

Minnesota vs #16 Ohio St

#2 UCLA vs #13 Cal

NO USERS GAMES so this one should be FAST!!! I am going to my moms Saturday and possibly am staying the night. So our advance will be Sunday evening/night. But knowing us it will be faster than that. Good Luck guys!!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I will update Heisman and Rankings when I get home. I've let those slip a little.

3. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Hey everyone, Ill be taking over the Oregon State team. Hows my team doing this year? I work at night, usually till 9:00 eastern but am available after that for an user games; will definitely play cpu games the day we advance for sure.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

your team is 3-3 and ranked #16. Previous user won the Pac-10 with them last year. Went to the Rose Bowl vs Minnesota (also a user). I'm not sure who won though. Not sure where you stand in conference but you can still finish strong. And by choosing Oregon St you still get in on user games and the schedule doesn't get messed up.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

[​IMG]
    "Soph MLB P. Larimore LIGHTS UP the Cal WR and forces a fumble late in the 3rd Qtr."

#2 UCLA 27
    #13 Cal 21

"UCLA welcomed another highly ranked pac-10 opponent into the Rose bowl for what would be a pivotal conference match-up. Prince had a great day through the air throwing for 287 Yds, and 2 TD. The defense also forced 3 fumbles and kept star HB Javhid Best somewhat in check with 76 Yds and 1 Touchdown. UCLA continues in it's stride for that number 1 spot next week when they head out to take on a dismal Stanford Cardinal team"

6. UPSET!

Mississippi State took advantage of 2 Alabama missed XP's to win 16-15 in Tuscaloosa.

Tyler Russell improved on his disaster last week, going 15-for-27 for 178 yards. LaDarius Perkins ran for 73 yards, and freshman Brandon Heavens caught 4 passes for 78 yards.

"We may not have excelled in any one part of the game, but we were excellent overall," coach Harry said. "What a great win for our program and our team."

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

WhyGodWhy whooped me every time we played (including the Rose Bowl). If Jacquizz Rodgers stays in the offseason, you should have a pretty formidable team next season. Oregon State did a good job recruiting last year and I know WhyGodWhy had them on the right path this year. The future looks bright at OSU (except the defending national champion is in your conference).

8. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Wisky: 34 Iowa: 24

The debut of QB Curt Phillips was a big success. No tos. For more info, check the summary.

9. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF handled Rutgers. My computer is on the fritz so no details at the moment.

10. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Florida - 24
    Vandy - 17

Vandy tied the game last in the 4th. In the first OT Florida scored a TD on a long 4th and goal. On my possession, a wide open receiver missed the catch on 4th down to loss the game.

Another loss by Vandy pretty much puts me out of a Bowl possibility. Crazy considering I finished 8th in the nation last year, and had a big win over OU in my bowl game.

Also the few 5 star recruits that I nearly had in my pocket, are gone and committed to other schools. SUCKS!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Virginia - 27
    Boston College - 32

Probably the best 3 quarters but unfortuanely for the Cavs, we had to play the 4th. Up 20-19 in the 4th I threw 2 pick 6 INT's. 2-6 and looking good for a bowl bid. Virginia alumni are starting to rumble!

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Masler will be back later today to advance