The Rise: Week 10 Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 10 Season 3

Alright, no user games again, another quick week. Coach tmac was removed due to missing too many games.

Big Games for Week 10:

#25 Wisconsin at #15 Iowa

#23 Maryland at #10 Georgia Tech

#9 Minnesota vs Ohio State

Vandy at #13 Florida

Some tough games out there, good luck everyone. Advance is Wednesday at 1pm EST. I will also start doing the Rankings and Heisman again.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Both Rankings and Heisman are now up.

3. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Sweet, good to see us getting back on track after the forums being down for a bit. Upset Alabama last week, lookin to do the same against Florida!

G/l against Tech Mas, I've never played them before, I'm interested to see how the CPU runs the Triple Option.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

i hate playing GT, one of the most annoying CPU. I've play them before and it's nearly unstoppable.

And I lost to Florida State in the sim, looks like they go to the ACC Champ unless they lose 2

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Wisc: 31 Iowa: 38 (OT)

RB Adam Robinson absolutely destroyed the Badgers. On KOs, running and catching the ball, he was a boil on the Badgers butt all day!

6. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Held off a pesky Louisville team for a 42-25 win. Both QBs went off for over 300 yards.

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#9 Minnesota - 45
    Ohio State - 10

Minnesota thumps Ohio State and moves another step closer to capturing the Big 10 title. Minnesota, led by Junior QB MarQueis Gray, jumped all over the Buckeyes in the first quarter to build a 28-7 lead. Gray, who struggled mightily in the OSU game last year, played great ball today in front of the home crowd, throwing for close to 300 yards and adding another 55 on the ground. On defense, the Gophers focused on taking away deep threat WR Devier Posey and making Terrelle Pryor advance the ball at 5-10 yards a pop. This strategy worked, as Pryor threw for only 191 yards and Posey had just 2 catches for 41 yards. HB Eric Berry ran for 102 yards, but at only 3.5 yards per carry, he didnt pick up the type of yards necessary for OSU to win. Great performance by the Gophers, who play Michigan at TCF Stadium in week 11.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Rutgers- 25
    USF- 48

Went into a pass happy mode and it cost me. 7 INT's....not gonna win many games with that type of accuracy.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

passing I hope

10. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Yeah, passing.

With the way sliders are set up, both TEAMS won't combine for three hundred yards rushing.

11. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vanderbilt - 29
    # 13 Florida - 23

After upsetting ranked Alabama last week, Vanderbilt pulls away with a win against #13 Florida. In the annual Water Bowl (Every year I've faced the Gators, it's rained, kinda creepy), no one managed to score in the 1st quarter, but then the scoring came a plenty in the 2nd.

TD run by All-American John Cole gave the Commodores a 7-0 lead, but 2 quick scores by Teb-, I mean Brantley, put Florida up 14-7. John Cole returned the ensuing kickoff 83 yards, to tie the game, but right before half, Florida kicked a FG to take the lead.

Towards the end of the 3rd, Vandy was marching down the field behind the arm of QB Larry Smith, but an amazing 63 yard INT return for a TD, gave the Gators a big lead. After the kickoff, it took Vandy 1 play to score on a 63 yard reception by John Cole.

In the 4th, a 48 yard bomb gave Vandy the lead, and as Florida tried to march down the field, down by 6, a 4th and long gave Vandy the victory, as Vandy pulls 2 huge back to back wins in the the SEC, and should give them some sort of recognition in the country. If only they can get the BCS committee to overlook those pesky losses to Washington and Rutgers.....:D

Next week, a 1-7 Kentucky team with something to prove.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

lost to ga tech by 1 point

13. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

In my first game with IU, we went in to Evanston and came out with a one point victory, 28-27. Northwestern lined up for a kick with a second to go, and missed it.

Heartbreak for the Northwestern Purple, but my Hoosiers were lovin' it. Puts us at 4-5 for the season with an outside chance of making a bowl.

14. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Damn, sucks Mas, just out of curiosity, was their option tough to defend?