The Rise: Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 10

Alright got to advance early. That should make billy happy. lol. Anyway, I was disappointed with lack of summaries last week. Please get those in and done. Advance is Friday at midnight EST, since we have no user games and lots of Bye Weeks. Good luck to all.

Heisman and ranking have been updated.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#19 Minnesota - 59
    Illinois - 19

[​IMG]
    Dayum Gina!

In the final game this year at TCF Stadium, the Gopher faithful were treated to a game in which the Gophers were completely dominant. The Gophers, fueled by a couple of turnovers and a hot offense, built a 38-6 lead at half over the Illini. QB MarQueis Gray is everything that Juice Williams was supposed to be (ouch). He completed 14 of 19 passes for 274 yards with 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. As if that wasnt enough, he also flashed his wheels, running for 102 yards and 2 scores on 8 carries.

Next up, the Gophers travel to South Bend to take on the Fighting Irish. As Notre Dame always poaches top talent away from Minnesota (hello Michael Floyd), expect Minnesota to be ready.

3. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Looks like UGA already did the favor. Looks like they dominated Florida from the start of their game. I knew they were tough, but they might be in the title game, they got a couple more challenges left.

It's funny seeing the Texas, Florida, etc. outside the top 3. I thought Florida was unbeatable on this game. I'll end up playing the tomorrow and see how I fare against them.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

in one of my online dynasties, Rice beat Texas 51-20. Post McCoy/Shipley. But still...it's Rice..and then two weeks later UCLA beats Texas, wasn't by much. Sooo anything is possible lol.

5. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Snowed Under!

Colorado 36
    Texas A&M 26

The Texas A&M Aggies took their 2 game winning streak on the road to Boulder, Colorado and were lost in a blizzard of Buffalo scoring passes. Aggie QB Jerrod Johnson may have out gained Buff QB Cody Hawkins, 309-168, but Hawkins was able to throw 4 touchdown passes compared to Johnson's 1.

The Buffalo offense and special teams managed to put up a sizzling 36 points during the snow storm, while the Aggie ground game was held to a frigid 14 yards. The Buff defense had 4 defenders with double digit tackles.

6. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy vs. Florida

Crazy game! Was pouring down rain the entire game, and going into the 4th quarter Vandy was down 13-28. With a TD run to start the 4th, and 2 late TD passes, Vandy pulled within 2 points, with 20 seconds left. An option scored the 2 point converstion to tie it and send it to overtime.

It took 3 overtimes to finish the game, but Florida missed their 2 point converstion while trying a direct snap to Rainey. However Vandy didn't miss theirs, and scored the game winning 2 point conversion on a pitch to Reeves.

Final - 3 OT
    Vandy 50
    Florida 48

Amazing game, probably the most exciting I've played. Tebow went down in the 2nd Quarter with a back injury, but came back in the overtime periods. My offense actually doubled theirs, just turnovers and a Punt return TD ended up hurting me a bit.

7. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Week 10 brings a bye week and another commitment to the USF program. Go to the recruiting section for more information.

8. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Reeling Hoosiers lose 39-29 to Wisconsin.

Pretty dumb, game John Clay is apparently untackleable lol. Indiana couldnt stop the running game, giving up 220 yards on 30 carries, including an 85 yarder in the first half by Clay. Indiana ran for over 100 yards and threw for over 300, but a costly fumble and pick were key to their loss. QB Charles Love totalled 300 yards from scrimmage, before getting hurt in the 4th. Ben Chappell came in and led a 4th quarter drive to pull Indiana within but Wisconsin answered with a big drive to put the game away. Entertaining game, but CPU tackling should be better than that. Meh, life goes on.