The Rise: Week 11 Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 11 Season 2

Alright guys. Great job getting those games in. Congrats to emperorharry for taking out the #1 team. NO USER GAMES, so this one should be a quickie.

Big Games for the Week:

Maryland at #15 Miami

Virginia at #6 Ga Tech

Texas Tech at #8 Oklahoma

Good Luck everyone!! Let's shoot for a Tuesday night advance, think we can do that?

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

That FB soft committed to Minnesota...uhhh ohhhhh

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

^^^^^^^^

You would too with all the booze and drugs we put into him during his recruiting visit!

4. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Texas Tech just lost a heartbreaker to the Sooners 17-10. Even with Bradford in full Robo QB mode, my guys almost pulled off the upset, but a close loss is still a loss. The good news is that I got a 4* guard to commit which I really need because my line has been weak all year.

5. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

It'd be amazing if that 5 star FB had something like 99 break tackle, speed, etc.

6. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy - 40
    Kentucky - 21

Vandy finally put it together on both sides of the ball scoring 40 points on offense. QB Larry Smith put up 3 TDs himself, a couple of takeaways from the D, and Kentucky only had 28 yards of rushing offense on 25 carries.

By the way, looks like the winner of griff and hov will face Utah in the championship game!! book it!!

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

might as well just consider the ucla usf game the BCS game lol

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Utah??? Greatttt

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Virginia - 10
    Georgia Tech - 49

This game was absolute BS. I was actually winning 10-0 at halftime and got the kick off to open the 2nd half. Then the CPU decided that it needed to ruin my night. In the third quarter, the Yellow Jackets scored 28 points, all of them defenisive TD's!!! 3 pick 6's and fumble return. The flood gates just opened from there. All in all, we 10 turnovers and a 39 point beat down in Atlanta.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

damn...

I'll be lucky to make it to the ACC Champ game. I have to rely on Clemson to knock out Flordia St. And I have to beat Miami and Boston College so if Fl St loses they don't get the tie breaker....gotta love them end of the season conference races..

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Terps lose 16-35. Went down 0-14 withing 10 seconds. Miami had scored then the idiot muffs the punt and flaps around on the ground uselessly. Offensive line blocks..wait not they don't. QB had no protection and had to scramble for his life. Running game was non existant because once again the line sat with their thumbs up their asses. Maryland's hopes of an ACC Champ, the first in years, would come true but NO, Miami crushes them horribly. FSU wins my side of the division most likely from a tie breaker. They have to win out to make a bowl this year...not likely.

Coach Comments: "Guess these girls didn't want it. Just a conference championship right? I saw no heart on that field today, just some Grade A (expletive)heads. Duke was a pushover and of course we won, my team got cocky and look what happened. Are any teams looking for a good coach? Any one?"

Somehow I ended up with 11 games. Didn't notice til right now. F-ed up my own schedule. I need to pay more attention to it next year.

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

UCLA 44
    Stanford 42

UCLA barely escapes the upset after a tebow like performance by SO QB K. Prince. He threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs and ran for 66 and 2 TDs. He also threw costly Interceptions but came threw when it counted. Stanford gave a scare but we kept the perfect season alive. Bruins head home for a bye next week.

Play of the Game:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENrEbvEy0KY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENrEbvEy0KY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

everyone's out for blood now that you're number 1

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Everyone PLEASE stay under the 65 point scoring cap. If you break it your game results will be tossed and your game simmed. If this becomes a multiple offense you will get heavier penalties.

15. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

SEC note - looks like UGA, Florida, and Tennessee will be at the BOTTOM of the East this year, where as South Carolina is leading. Crazy

16. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Computer is still on the fritz. I beat Syracuse this past week. No recap though since my computer at home is down.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

No problem Griff. Thanks for letting me know.

I will be advancing tonight after I get out of class (after 10pm). Looks like emperor is the only one left, he just has to recruit. So I'm gunna set the advance for 11pm EST tonight. Should be more than enough time.

18. Guys, I'm going to have to retire from the league. I'm already playing one online dynasty with some real-life friends, and grad school is getting into gear. I just don't have the necessary time. I'm sorry to bail like this, but it's been a lot of fun.