The Rise: Week 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 2 Season 2

Nice job with Week 1 everyone, keep it up. Pleased with the amount of summaries.

For Week 2 we have a couple user games:

Terps vs Miss St

UCLA vs Vandy

Game of the Week:

Florida vs USF...good luck mcgriffle.

Advance is no later than Saturday night.

Rankings and Heisman are updated.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lost my only good recruit and best offensive player for the F!cking season. William Williams out for the SEASON, broken vertebra

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

That's what you get hova - I wanted that motherfucker so bad last year but he hated the cold and wouldn't even consider us. Oh well, next year hell be even better

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

He only played 2 games, and doesn't even get a redshirt now. Whole year gone. Sucks they got no medical redshirts

5. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF falls to Florida 39-42.

Was an awesome game until mid-way through the 2nd quarter. Florida had just scored to take a 10-14 lead. On my first play from scrimmage my HB fumbles and it gets taken to the house 10-21. Then on my next possession on 2nd and 5 my WR lets one go right through him on an out route and its picked off. Butlers only pick of the day and not his fault at all. They would score again 10-28. I would get a score before the half to cut it to 18-28.

I had a chance to win in the 4th as the score was 32-35 with 5 minutes left and i get an INT and run it back to Florida's 30. First play I hit a wide open WR on a post but it gets called back for holding. My WR then decide they don't want to catch the ball anymore even with conservative catch on. 4th and 18 i punt it away and the score on there next possession. I would score with 58 seconds left but the onside kick failed. 39-42 loss.

I am proud of my team. Brantley was Robo QB all game throwing 461 yards and 5 TD's. They were 9-14 on 3rd down and converted a 4th down. I dropped a total of 7 passes. Butler looks like the #1 QB out of HS. He is on a roll. Week 3 is a bye and Week 4 we travel to Louisville.

6. The Mississippi State Bulldogs picked off two passes en route to a 20-7 victory over the Maryland Terrapins Saturday in College Park, Md.

Total yardage only favored the Bulldogs 344-324, so it was the two picks, one coming in the endzone, that made the difference.

"I was real proud of my defense today," coach Harry Nelson said. "They buckled and bent, but when it came down to it, they didn't break. I'm happy with my offense as well, who played turnover-free ball."

Freshman QB Tyler Russell took the majority of snaps, completing 13-of-19 for 153 yards and two touchdowns. Junior HB Robert Elliot ran the ball 13 times for 47 yards.

Sophomore WR O'Neal Wilder lead the Bulldogs with 45 yards through the air. Senior Leon Berry and Freshman Revonn OchoCinco had a touchdown reception a piece.

The Bulldogs have week 3 open.