The Rise: Week 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 5 Season 2

Alright we are getting deeper into this season and so quickly too. I'm impressed guys, keep it up. Anyway, we are now into Week 5. We've got a couple big games for this week:

Maryland (MaslerBoros) vs Virginia (recchem)

USF vs Notre Dame (undefeated)

Wisconsin vs #6 Penn St

Heisman and Rankings will be updated.

2. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Nice, good work everybody. Good luck with the games! I might stand a chance in the SEC East. Florida lost to Kentucky, Georgia already loss, as well as Tennessee.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Still isn't going to be an easy fight lol

4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I get my game this afternoon.

5. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Check out my ND game in my game summary thread.

6. Late field goal leads to Bulldog upset

Sean Brauchle kicked a 43-yard field goal with 0 seconds left on the clock to lead the Mississippi State Bulldogs to a 27-24 comeback upset over the LSU Tigers.

This came mere minutes after WR Chad Bumphis tied the game on a clutch 4th-and-goal Jet Sweep.

"I'm so proud of my players, to come into this hostile environment and pick up the road win," coach Harry said.

The Bulldogs actually dominated the total offense category. LSU scored two touchdowns off a 100-yard interception return and a long fumble return.

QB Tyler Russell was 18-for-30 for 167 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT's.

"Tyler is still learning," coach Harry said. "He made some mistakes, and we took him out for a couple of series, but he lead two critical fourth quarter drives to give us the tie and the lead. He did a lot of maturing today."

Running Robert Elliot had a big game on the ground, rushing for 154 yards, including a 66-yard rush.

WR Chad Bumphis caught six passes for 93 yards. In addition to scoring the game-tying touchdown on the ground, he also returned a kickoff for a touchdown.

The Bulldogs now return home to face Auburn.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

niiiiiiiiice

8. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Texas Tech - 44
    Texas A&M - 14

I'll have my game recap up shortly

9. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Soften the Tigers up for me, thanks!

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

UCLA 34
    Arizona St 22

UCLA takes care of business once again in pac-10 play. Prince had a good day threw the air with 400 yds passing and 5 TDs. The bad: He also had 3 INT's which kept the game closer than the bruins would have liked. The WR core also had a great game with 2 unheard of WR's both having 100 yard days.

11. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Wisconsin: 23
    Penn State: 21

PK Phil Welch had a career day hitting 3 FGs, with a long of 50 yards, and won the game with 17 seconds left on the clock. He then buried the KO to ensure Penn State started at the 20. Tough game.

Tolzien had a great day, going 17-25 and 227 yards but had no tds. He was also knocked out of the game on a late hit but returned later. The rest will be in the game summaries.