The Rise: Week 6 Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 6 Season 3

Alright, little late but Week 6 is here. Just one user game this week.

Week 6 Big Games:

#14 Pitt (cream) at Rutgers (Hokie)...good luck fellas, get it scheduled.

Wisconsin (twist) vs Penn State

Advance will be Thursday at 8pm EST and NO LATER. Let's see those summaries and more activity!!

2. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Hokie and I are planning on getting ours in tonight. Will let you know if anything changes.

3. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Crazy game down in Nashville!

I jumped up 10-0 against the Ole Miss Admiral Ackbars, but then they came back with 2 consecutive TDs to go into halftime with a 14-10 lead. Nothing in the 3rd, but then over 30 points scored in the 4th quarter.

They scored a TD with 3 minutes to go, missed the extra point, so I lead by one. Ensuing kickoff I ran back for a TD, to go up by 8. They marched down the field in 2 minutes to score, and the 2 point conversion to tie the game. Then I ran back ANOTHER kick for a TD to put me up by 7. They scored AGAIN with 20 seconds to go, but missed the extra point AGAIN, I win by 1.

Crazy stuff

Ole Miss - 35
    Vandy - 36

4. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Really great game between me and Hokie. His QB Savage was on fire, but I forced some big turnovers and ended up winning 35-28.
    Two games I've been in so far have come down to the last minute. Not liking this a bit. VBG.

Great game, Hokie, and I look forward to some more big ones in the future. Your defense is TOUGH.

Edit: This'll be a week I totally regret though, because my stud QB, Bostick, went down for the season. Have a very capable backup, but it really, really hurts to see him go down.

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Really was a great game. Pitt couldn't get anything done the first half, but they didn't need to as they had 2 pick 6's and a 72yd TD bomb after the QB shook off the sack. I also had a fumble in the endzone making 3 redzone TO's in the first 4 offesnsive series. Suprisely I shut down Lewis and the running game, but Pitt had just enough cushion the 2nd half to ride out a victory. I was able to move the ball well, but -4 in the TO battle won't win ya many games.

Big East is mine next year. :D

6. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Probably is. I lose a TON of Seniors.

7. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Texas Tech 52
    Iowa State 20

There's no better way to get some confidence back in your team then to play Iowa State. The Red Raiders scored the games first 21 points on their way to the big win. Jeffers ran for 131 yards and Franks took two kicks back for scores. The TT defense stepped up and held ISU to 13 points before giving up a late TD in garbage time.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stanford - 56
    Washington -37

Nuff said...I suck

9. rongill97

rongill97 Guest

UVA 45
    Army 10

If ever you needed a chance to reset to the clock, having a service academy team on the schedule helps. The Cavaliers got their first win of the season at Army. After a rough offensive start to our first game, 6ints, the team played much better this game. Though the passing game still is not quite right - 5 for 16 against Army doesn't give the Cavs much confidence throwing in the ACC.

Midway through 3rd quarter, UVA went to its 2nd team units and clock bleeding run offense. The second team continued it dominance on the ground and ran the clock out.

With #19 NC State, #7 GT, #15 VT and #8 Miami still to go, it will take a lot for the Cavs to get bowl eligible this season.

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Wisc: 7 Penn State: 33

QB Phillips is knocked out on the first play. Clay plays like he has sand in his hoo-hoo. Worst game against CPU I have ever played.

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I played my rise game against nebraska and won 56-7 in a breakout game for woodland but the game wouldnt upload it kept sayin servers werent available... I dont want to sim and risk a loss... Everyone ok witg a replay where id super sim to a win

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I was in an XBL party with him at the time and saw the score. It's legit.

I'll allow him to sim to a win.

13. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

That'll happen, just keep at it and we'll get to the top one day!

:confused:

14. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Ya gotta keep the faith! (y)