The Rise: Week 8 Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise: Week 8 Season 2

Alright Week 8, let's make this one a quick one hopefully. Not too much exciting out there, no user games this week. Let's shoot for a Wednesday advance.

Big Game Week 8:

Oregon St vs USC

Heisman and Rankings will be updated. Good Luck to all!

2. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Failure. That's QB Larry Smith's new nickname down in Tennessee. Lost to South Carolina 13-10.

Their only TD was on a fumble return TD. I had the ball with a minute and a half left, marching down the field, within FG range, and decided to throw a pic to a guy that was probably triple covered. Intercepted and game was over. That'll wrap up any SEC possibilities, and now I'm lookin at 2-4 for the year!

By the way, i had about a dozen recruits at the game, so this loss probably set me back a year or 2. Can't wait for this bum QB to leave!!!

3. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Failure. That's QB Larry Smith's new nickname down in Tennessee. Lost to South Carolina 13-10.

Their only TD was on a fumble return TD. I had the ball with a minute and a half left, marching down the field, within FG range, and decided to throw a pic to a guy that was probably triple covered. Intercepted and game was over. That'll wrap up any SEC possibilities, and now I'm lookin at 2-4 for the year!

By the way, i had about a dozen recruits at the game, so this loss probably set me back a year or 2. Can't wait for this bum QB to leave!!!

4. Sean Brauchle kicked an 18-yard field goal as time expired to lead the Mississippi State Bulldogs to a 31-28 win over the Arkansas Razorbacks.

"It was great to win," coach Harry said. "It seems like all of these games are coming down to the wire, and sometimes we're losing it there. I'm glad to see we can still pull one out in the end."

The Bulldogs rushed for 290 yards during the game, led by sophomore LaDarius Perkins' 141 yards.

"I was very happy with the running game, but I was very disappointed in quarterback play."

Tyler Russell was 8-of-14 for 72 yards and a pick. Chris Relf was 1-of-2 with an INT and a lost fumble.

5. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Texas Tech - 52
    Iowa State -- 28

Iowa State is bad and my defense is just as awful. I gave up scores of 66, 57 and 49 yards to these guys. Lucky for me Potts was on point and my back-up running back had the game of his life (202 total yards, three scores). I'll have a better recap up after work Tuesday.

6. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

If it makes you feel any better tmac, my offense was horrible but my defense was great. Seems I can't get them on the same page on 1 day, you too?

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

North Carolina - 43
    Virginia - 17

Just got destroyed at home by the Tar Heels. My line could not block, my backs could not run and my receivers could not catch. The Carolina defense had their way with me. The Cav's put up just over a 100 yards of offense. The only saving grace was my special teams. We had a kick return for TD and a missed FG return for TD, but that was it. Its going to be a long season in Charlottesville!

8. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Wisconsin: 50
    Illinois: 52 4 OT

Ever had one of those games you are so pi$$ed about you run out of words except !%#&*(. I will post my descriptions in the summary thread when I calm down.

9. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF downs West Virginia 30-10. WVU scored early off of 2 spectacular int's. Full write-up in summary thread later.

10. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Looking like a Griff Hov national championship?

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Nope i play him last week of the season lol

12. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Yup man I have that same problem. I think only half of my team likes to show up for games. The offense takes home games off and the defense takes a nap on the road.

13. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Yup man I have that same problem. I think only half of my team likes to show up for games. The offense takes home games off and the defense takes a nap on the road.

14. I'm stuck in week 7

Should I resign and be re-invited?

Would that work?

15. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Don't get me started on my schedule. All and I mean all of my user games are on the road. Top 10 team plays 5 home games this year. MASLER FIX THIS NEXT YEAR!!!

HAHA

16. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

You need to delete the save file from you hard drive and not save the dynasty to your hard drive. This will solve this problem.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

damn Griff...honestly did not even notice I did that...myyyy Bad

18. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Yea Skates, I learned a while back to never save the online dynasty file when it asks. Just load it everytime and it should work just fine.

19. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Just throw a little love my way next year.

As for the saving vs not saving. It takes and extra 30 seconds to download the file everytime. Easy to do.

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I dont think gametape is coming back, he was on xbox live 8 hours ago but he hasn't logged into the dynasty since 1/20. That's a week straight without logging in or contacting anyone

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

lousiville is no longer with us.

22. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

The next user into the Big East i will probably have to play on the road too.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

hey hey now I can't control the conference matchups

24. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Haha funny shit

25. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

We going to advance tonight when you get out of class Mas?