The Rise Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Rise Week 8

Alright good job getting everything done early guys so I advanced early. Only one user vs user game this week. Papa Perry (UConn) has left us so we have one opening right now, talking to a guy about filling his spot. Rankings and Heisman have been updated.

Anyway congrats to Beazus on upsetting Penn State.

I will advance no later than Saturday at 11pm EST.

Big Games Week 8:

Mizzou vs Texas

Miss St vs Florida

Minn vs Ohio St

Oregon St vs USC

Duke vs Maryland

Good Luck to everyone.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Coach Brewster finally got a marquee win...Now, can he go to the Horseshoe and pull off the improbable yet again?

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Minnesota - 35
    #5 Ohio State - 14

Yes, my friends, the Gophers are hot. Headed into hostile territory and killed any dreams of a national title for OSU. MarQueis Gray is like a different QB now. He completed 15/18 passes for 220 yards. Eric Decker did what he does - provide key plays for the Gophers when they need it the most (2 TDs).
    As for OSU, they didnt really mess up all that bad. Terrelle Pryor was 17/27 for 224 yards with a 1/0 ratio. Boom Herron ran for 81 yards on 15 carries. What killed the Buckeyes was 3rd down conversions (something MN's defense is always bad at - except today) and the lack of big plays. OSU's longest play from scrimmage was 26 yards. Amazing considering Northwestern probably had 6 plays of at least that yardage against Minnesota only a month ago.

Things are looking up. With 2 losses, the Rose Bowl is probably out of the picture but who knows?