The Rivalry Presents: Recruiting (Offseason)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThaEra25, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

The Rivalry Presents: Recruiting (Offseason)

Column 1 Column 2
    School :4stars:[/B]
    Alabama 4
    Oklahoma 4
    Texas 3
    Oregon St. 0
    Tennessee 1
    Kansas 2
    Oregon 0
    Ohio St. 1
    LSU 1
    Wisconsin ?
    USC No Post
    Penn St. No Post

This table will show you how many :4stars: recruits you are allowed due to players leaving and transferring. This part of the offseason is the time to fill your roster to that 70 player mark. If you recruit the :4stars: guys available to you from this table but still have spots left on your team you can recruit but they would have to be :3stars: or lower. These guys cannot push you over that 70 mark, unless you are a new owner and in that case I have already posted regarding how to handle this.

There will be 5 weeks of offseason recruiting. I would like to move at least a week a night or so...Just let me know if this is gonna be a problem and we can slow down if need be...Any questions yall may have regarding anything just hit me up on here or you can send a PM if you prefer.

2. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

I can't really tell how many guys left, I can just see that I have 54 guys on the roster currently and the CPU has already recruited 3 (****) players and 1 (***) player.That would put me at 58, so if I'm correct I'd still get to recruit 2 (*****) players and the rest of the team 10 (****) star players?

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

just so i understand, that 4 star for me (Tenn) counts towards next year?

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think those extra 4 star players count for this offseason......if you want.

5. ThaEra25

Right...Use them or lose them type of deal...Next season will be strictly off the seniors leaving and bonuses from this year that some guys will receive.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will try getting my recruiting done tomorrow night. Working early and then moving to my new apartment. 360 is currently packed away but I should be able to recruit at some point tomorrow night, just depends how long unpacking takes.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

will we be notified if we are allowed bonus recruits?

8. ThaEra25

I will try to get something up ASAP on the bonus recruits that will be in effect in Season 2 recruiting...Busy weekend around my house...But I'll try...

9. ThaEra25

If you have 54 players after seniors, you would be able to have 16 commits. Thats 2 :5stars:, 8 :4stars:(3 current/5 available), and 6 :3stars: (1 current/5 left).

Let me know if you need more help.

10. ThaEra25

Guys we will wait for Brave to do his recruiting and then we will advance to week 2 of the recruiting phase...Brave let me know when you have completed the recruiting for week one...

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Completed recruiting for week 1

12. ThaEra25

We are now on week 2 of recruiting...i would like to advance tomorrow night @ 10pm cst.

13. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

I got a question if someone can answer.

I took over Penn State so the guy before had done most of the recruiting. I had checked and it showed before week 1 he had signed 2 5* and 7 4* and a bunch of 3 star guys. Now I had 6 underclassmen leave 4 to the Pro Draft and 2 FR left on transfer so I am allowed to sign 6 Bonus 4* guys to replace them.

I can't use all 6 of those bonus 4*'s because it would make my roster more then 70 players cause the guy before me had signed too many 3 star players. I already signed 2 4* tackles in week 1 of the off-season and if I use my last 3 spots on 4* players I'll lose out on the 1 bonus 4* I was allowed (here is the question finally) Can that 1 Bonus 4* be held over for next season or am I just SOL?

14. ThaEra25

Please refer to the post Attention New Owners. That should answer you question, if not let me know.

15. ThaEra25

I noticed some guys hadnt done their recruiting last night so I pushed back the advance until today...the advance will come at 8pm CST. I have said this before and I'll say it again, I would like to start advancing every night @ 9pm CST...this is starting to drag out too long and I'm sure guys are ready to get to the season and get this thing rolling. So with that being said, if yall dont let me know ahead of time about extra time needed to complete your task, I will keep this thing moving along from this point on.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

sounds good.

im ready for next year. KU is hurting at the RB position. I need to make some moves this offseason to be able to run my offense the way I want.

17. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Yeah, I can't wait to start the season. Wisconsin is in a building process here, hopefully we can get ranked this year and position ourselves for better recruiting next year.

18. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

Advancing it every night is fine with me.

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm all in favor of advancing everyday. I want to finish the offseason before next week, I'll be gone Monday thru Wednesday next week.

20. ThaEra25

Aight guys...we will move a week a night from this point on...Thanks to the guys who weighed in on this topic...Looks like some teams are still needing some key positions, these next few recruiting weeks should be interesting for some programs...

21. ThaEra25

Aight guys we are now in week 3 of the off-season recruiting...Remember I will be advancing tomorrow night @ 9pm CST...I went ahead and did it early today because I noticed everyone did their recruiting...If yall wouldnt mind when you get done recruiting if you havent spent all the available hours set you status to "Ready to Advance" so I know you are done with that week...Thanks

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

TV purchased... Internet hooked up... apartment pretty much set

I should be more active starting this weekend. Starting a new job so not much time to look at my recruiting.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

im all set for recruiting, reached my limits on 5 stars and 4 stars...

24. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

OU is ready to advance

25. ThaEra25

We advanced last night in off-season recruiting and thanks to all the owners for taking care of this before the actual deadline. I will move again tonight so get it knocked out and if you are finished at least set your status to ready to advance so I know when everyone is done.

We will be moving to position changes next so please read those rules and become familiar with them. Ill go more into this when we actually get to that stage.

We do have spot now open in the Pac 10 so if yall know anyone interested send them over...