The Rivalry Presents: Week 8/Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThaEra25, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

The Rivalry Presents: Week 8/Season 2

We advanced last night into week 8 of our season, deadline is Wed. @ 9pm CST. The Top 25 saw some changes this week with some teams coming to the party that hadnt made it the previous weeks. Recruiting is starting to unfold with some key recruits putting some ink on some paper.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Can you feel the electricity in the air? This SEC game is going to be a big one.

3. ThaEra25

Big Time Game...

Prediction:
    Bama 34
    Vols. 27

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Heisman front-runner Kale Pick was injured early in the 1st quarter against Baylor and missed the entire game. Next, it would be KU's #2 QB, Webb, that would go down for the rest of the game leaving 3 quarters for KU's thrird string QB (Christian Matthews) to show everyone what he's made of. He showed the Baylor fans plenty, completing 14/20 passes for 231yd and 3TDs. At first it took the receivers some time to get used to his left-handed delivery, but once they found a rhythm KU's offense didnt skip a beat. The fleXbox One was limited without Pick or Webb, but the run game was enough to keep the offense rolling and the Jayhawks ended up destroying Baylor 65-18. KU is ranked #4 in the country and the rest of their schedule looks very winnable... with their biggest matchup coming in the Big12 championship game against Texas if the conference plays out how it should.

KU!!!

5. ThaEra25

Redemption...KU may be seeking it but Texas has other plans for the Big 12, like repeating! McGee is starting to be mentioned among Heisman voters and is a big reason for Texas' continued success. The Longhorns have maintained their #1 ranking from preseason and look to continue that run. All signs point to a rematch of Season 1's Big 12 Championship were Texas dominated KU but word around Longhorn Country (Oregon included) is, Texas is taking this one play at a time! Texas is set to release a statement later today regarding the recruiting front...speculations are Texas landed the #1 Running Back in the country at the end of week 7 along with a :5stars: Tackle. Texas as of Week 8 currently has the #1 recruting class but there are quite a few programs making a strong push with some key recruits.

Max, good info but maybe that should be in your game summaries?

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

looks like my Volunteers are the underdogs for this matchup. I'll definetely have to fight for the upset.

7. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

How do the standings look in the SEC East? I know right now it's looking like the Bama LSU game will send the winner to the CCG. Last I looked S. Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee were all bunched at the top.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think I am in 3rd, if I beat S. Carolina I'll b in 2nd. I'll need Georgie to lose 3 times and keep my East record flawless to get to the Con Champ game.

9. ThaEra25

A Tennessee win would make things very interesting in the SEC race...

Washington is quitely dominating the Pac 10 but they will have some challenges in the weeks ahead...Can they maintain their stronghold on the Pac 10 or will they crumble under the pressure of new found success?

10. hornfaninbama

I'll be rooting for you against Bama this week. Hopefully you can hand them a loss. It would really help me out.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I appreciate the support horn, sorry to disappoint you. Bama won, setting up a HUGE match-up in 3 weeks in Death Valley. I'm looking forward to it.

12. ThaEra25

Uh oh...SEC is up for grabs now! Nice Win for Bama!

13. hornfaninbama

I can't wait for that matchup Dakota. My first user game. If I can get through Auburn this week it will be very interesting. Good quality win over Tennessee. Congrats.

I lost my All American RB last week and he'll be out for our game for sure, but I should get Jordan Jefferson back that week. I only have 2 RB on the depth chart right now. And they're both freshmen.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

lol I failed ya horn. My offense and defense just didn't show up lol.

15. ThaEra25

Advancing tonight...

16. hornfaninbama

Guess I'll have to try and do it myself. You just can't get good help these days. LOL

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

gotta be on your game with Bama, he's def. got a good team

18. hornfaninbama

I was looking at his roster today and it's pretty sick. At least a high 80 at every position.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

yea, scary isn't it