The Rivalry: Recruiting Board/Offseason Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maynard, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Maynard

Maynard Banned

The Rivalry: Recruiting Board/Offseason Rules

THE RIVALRY
    Tradition Football
    [/CENTER]

Open to discussion, questions....

The Following Recruiting/Offseason Rules Apply
    No Recruiting Bonuses or Penalties will be available until Year 2 Recruiting

NEW RULE: Just to make things clear, you can add the max number of player to your Recruiting Board (35) but you may NOT (at any time) have more scholarships offered then players you can add. The game will always show you can offer 25, but look below for what you can offer

The total number of scholarships you can hand out will be listed below

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    GamerTag Team # Players # of Scholarships # 5* Recruits # 4* Recruits # 1-3* Recruits Underclassmen 4*
    *Bravejaf Ohio State 68 16 2 8 6 TBD in OffSeason
    *DeepSeaInc Wisconsin 68 14 2 7 5 TBD in OffSeason
    *Stylez777 Penn State 69 14 2 7 5 TBD in OffSeason
    Geauxtigers810 LSU 68 20 2 10 8 TBD in OffSeason
    *Dakota7 Alabama 68 15 2 8 5 TBD in OffSeason
    *MaslerBoros16 Tennessee 68 17 2 9 6 TBD in OffSeason
    *LB Fitted USC 69 17 2 9 6 TBD in OffSeason
    *Bringbackjimmy Oregon 68 17 2 9 6 TBD in OffSeason
    Gwill2588 Oregon State 68 16 2 8 6 TBD in OffSeason
    ThaEra25 Texas 68 15 2 8 5 TBD in OffSeason
    *wildcatter78 Oklahoma 68 17 2 9 6 TBD in OffSeason
    *Maxattax34 Kansas 68 23 2 12 9 TBD in OffSeason

* indicates a new owner and will only be responsible for the maximum number of players, 70, and the underclassman part of recruiting for this season.

#1 - Recruiting

We recognize that players have a significant recruiting advantage over the CPU, and we have established a few rules in an attempt to preserve some kind of balance.

Senior's Leaving School

1. Players must limit each year's class to the number of players leaving in that same year. Going over 70 players is penalized by a loss of 10 hours of recruiting time per Infraction. Penalty Infractions are enforced in consecutive weeks until the time expires. Player may not spread out their penalty hours. Meaning if you sign 72 total players, you receive 2 infractions that equal 20 hours of lost recruiting time. This breaks down to 2 weeks without being able to talk to new recruits.

2. Players may recruit 2 Five-Star players each year. You can earn more with the bonus system. You can lose recruits with the penalty system. (See Below)

3. Players can take a number of four-star recruits equal to half the total number of Senior players leaving that year. This number is rounded in favor of the Team when necessary (ex. A class of 17 would have nine fours rather than eight).

4. Each player's potential recruiting class is based on their performance the previous year. In order to earn the right to recruit additional five-star players, a team must meet the criteria listed below. If none of the conditions are met, the team may only recruit 2 Five-Star players in the following season, and must also follow the above rules.

Underclassmen Leaving School

1. For each Underclassmen that leaves you will be awarded a 4 star recruit to replace him. Since you wont know about underclassmen who leave until the end of the year, Teams will just have to wait and see who leaves.

2. A Team will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    • is > 95 OVR
    • is a JR that has won the Heisman
    • is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Bonus System
    Each Coach can earn 2 additional Five-Star players and 3 additional Four-Star Players,
    based on how they perform during the year
    • Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 4 star player
    • Win a Bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    • No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player

Example:

I have 20 seniors on my team, I showed up for the my user vs user game(5 star recruit), and I didn't break and recruiting rules(4 star recruit).

At first, my recruiting board would look like this: 2 Five-Star, 10 Four-Stars, 8 Three-Star and under = 20 Recruits
    Based off my Bonus Recruits the year before, it'd look like this: 3 Five-Star, 11 Four-Stars, 7 Three-Star and under = 20

Penalty System
    Each coach can be penalized recruits for Breaking Rules as follows
    • Miss a member vs. member games:
    • 1st Offense: Lose 10 hours of Recruiting Time
    • 2nd Offense: Lose a 5 Star Recruit and 10 hours of Recruiting Time
    • 3rd Offense: Replaced
    • Recruiting Violations:
    • 1st Offense - Lose a 5 Star Recruit
    • 2nd Offense: Lose a 5 Star Recruit and a 4 Star Recruit
    • Position Changes Violations:
    • 1st Offense - Lose a 5 Star Recruit
    • 2nd Offense: Lose a 5 Star Recruit and a 4 Star Recruit
    • Any Player with Excessive Penalties will be replaced

#2 - Switching Schools and/or Conferences

1. Each Coach must stay at their chosen school a minimum of 3 seasons to be considered for a switch. If you have coached a Team more then 3 years then we will use the past year years.

- In Addition, must also achieve one of these accomplishments in those 3 seasons
    2. If you are voted "Coach of the Year"
    3. If you won the National Championship
    4. If you won your Conference 2 out of 3 years
    5. If you won 3/3 Bowl Games

#3 - Scholarships

The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that qualify for pro draft with aforementioned rules. So underclassmen that are 90+ and have won an award.
    C = number of walk-ons on your team. Walk-ons may be cut at any time.
    D = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + D = total number of available scholarships.

If you have more players committed than roster spots you will be penalized recruiting time in the next season.

1st offense - 5 hours of recruiting time
    2nd offense - 10 hours of recruiting time
    3rd offense - 20 hours of recruiting time
    Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

#4 - Position Changes

Pos Notes
    QB: No Restrictions
    RB: No Restrictions
    FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    WR: No restrictions
    TE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    OL: No restrictions
    DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 265 lbs
    DE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92
    MLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92
    DB: No restrictions

2. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I have one question on the position changes. How does it work for a return man? I'm not aware of you being able to declare someone a return man other than on the depth chart. Does this mean if your return man on the auto-generated depth chart has for example 96 speed you are ok, but you can't change the depth chart to include someone with 94+ speed?

3. Maynard

Maynard Banned

thanks for pointing that out....i forgot to take that out. Its an old rule used to prevent Return guys from being higher then 93 speed. Most OD just made rule saying u cant have a player over 90 speed as a returner.....im not doing that

4. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

one question. if we either choose not to recruit 2 5* player or no 5* have any interest in our school, can those two slot go to recruiting two extra 4*s?

Also, what's the cutoff week for adding/dropping recruits?

5. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

So the number of recruits is dictated by the seniors leaving and thats the number we can have for in-season recruiting? So then that number can be adjusted once under classmen leave and as long as we are under 70 on the roster, correct?

6. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I think you have that right, if you have 68 players on the roster and 15 seniors, you basically have 17 spots to fill during the season. If 3 players leave early/transfer, then you have 3 more to fill in offseason for a total of 20. I think you also have to be careful that a walk-on doesn't put you over the limit. If you signed 20 guys, but had no FBs on the roster, then they will give you a walk-on FB, putting you at 71 players and you would get a penalty. Maynard, please correct me if I have this wrong.

7. Maynard

Maynard Banned

yes, you can move your 5 stars to 4 stars. If you have 4 stars, but want 3 stars instead thats fine too and so on....

i m not sure i understand your question about a cutoff week

that is exactly right

8. kutis17

kutis17 Guest

i have a question. say we have 20 spots to fill on our roster. r we allowed to recruit 25 players just to get to that 20 knowing that some wont commit to our school????

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i guess what i'm trying to ask is after which week are no longer allowed to add/drop prospects from the recruiting board b/c some OD's i've heard dont allow the users to add people to the board b/c of spamming recruits.

10. Trixster

Trixster Guest

I have definitely heard about this as well.

11. Maynard

Maynard Banned

the other commishes are telling me this has been fixed. I am not even sure what this is. But some of the other commishes said that it was patched last year. If you take a recruit off your board he gets really mad and wont sign with you.

does that make sense to you guys?

12. Maynard

Maynard Banned

ok some follow up to make sure we are all on the same page

i added this to the first post

i showed OSU to explain this better.

1) the new rule. OSU has 16 total scholarships they can give out based on the # of seniors leaving and current roster of
    68 (14 SR +2 = 70). So I can offer no more the 16 total scholarships to player. I can recruit 35 on my board, but never have more then 16 offered. And as players sign, you will subtract that from 16. So if I offer 16 scholarships and 6 players sign, I can now have a total of 10 offers out.

2) Remember that the roster holds 70 players, EA gave every team 68. So you will take you seniors leaving (OSU 14) and add 2 to get to 70 players.

Look at this table real quick
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    GamerTag Team # Players # of Scholarships # 5* Recruits # 4* Recruits # 1-3* Recruits Underclassmen 4*
    Maynard46 Ohio State 68 16 2 8 6 TBD in OffSeason

My total scholarships only reflects my seniors leaving. In the offseason you may have an underclassmen who leaves. You will add a 4* scholarship for each underclassmen who leaves.

all pretty simple stuff right?

Spamming Recruits. No need for this rule because EA has made it so the recruit will get mad at you if you take him off the board. So if you try and re add him, forget about it....no chance in signing him.

Dont cheat the system with recruiting. There are ways to bypass the system, but there are also ways to find out. I dont want to have to check up on things people are doing with recruiting. All of you guys have shown interest and seem like the kind of people that will remain dedicated, so I dont think cheating will be an issue.

Thanks Guys!

13. kutis17

kutis17 Guest

sounds good im excited!

14. riley420

riley420 Guest

A little FYI...you left me off the board, there, sweetcheeks.

15. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i sure did....i just wanted to hear u call me sweetcheeks....lol

fixed

16. ThaEra25

Just a quick ? about the scholarships, is the number posted on the chart seniors plus the 2 being that there is only 68 on the roster?

17. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Yes, the 2 comes from you already being 2 under the limit. Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere... I think if you redshirt a senior then you have one less scholarship to offer. This isn't reflected in his chart b/c obviously he didn't know who everyone would redshirt.

18. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

damn i may be effected by that then. i had to take those players off to take their scholarship away, then add them again. but it didnt seem they were that mad either, i may not really know until next week tho

19. riley420

riley420 Guest

Is there any way to tell who and how many scholarships you've offered? Aside from counting on your board, at least.

I know I'm under the limit, but I don't want to go over by screwing up.

Oh, and all you bastards keep your dirty hands off my 5 star MLB. He's mine. And I'm coming for your HB, Maynard.

20. Maynard

Maynard Banned

you can change their recruit position on the board, but that seems to go away once you sort by interest or ***.

no way to really know without counting.....i usually sort by caliber then count from there

21. Maynard

Maynard Banned

just a reminder to take a look at this thread to see where you stand in recruiting

22. Maynard

Maynard Banned

just a reminder as we get towards the end, the penalties and bonus system will kick in during the offseason of 2009. So during the offseason you can recruit these additional players to use for 2010, or hold them for in season recruting for the 2010 season.

As of today, no team has any penalties and ALL teams have earned 1 FIVE star and 1 FOUR star player for the following (subject to change depending on how your season ends)
    • Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player

this is important to remember if you want to start sweet talking these guys now for the offseason recruiting

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think I am 1 scholarship over the limit in terms of offered, but that is because human and/or CPU did not recruit my team either a kicker or punter. All the signed players were offered scholarships before I took over the team and all but 4 of the commits were from before I signed up. I would also like to offer a scholarship to a punter next week but wanted to check with the commish.

Oh, and kicker and punter are 3-star prospects so I'm not going to go over my limit of 4 or 5 star prospects.

24. ThaEra25

No problem with that Brave, I understand the situation and Im not holding this against your team this season. Now, at the beginning of season 2 everybody will be asked to follow all recruiting rules.