The Rivalry: S4 - Week 1 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

The Rivalry: S4 - Week 1 Scores

Alright guys. We are in week 1. No user games this week. Advance is Wednesday but we should be done sooner. Post scores and short summaries here please.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Can you send me a new invite. I can't get into the dynasty at the moment. It loads up to 100% but won't let me in. Whether I select yes or no to save the file it boots me back to the main menu. I got in OFFL West and C2C so this is the only league I am having problems with.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll get my game in tomorrow. I've played two games today and just not feeling a third lol.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Iowa State whirls through Rutgers

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    ISU 14 24 3 0 41
    RU 0 0 0 0 0

Iowa State began the 2012 campaign with a good start and defeat #12 Rutgers. The offense played well with a balanced attack and the defense played superb, not allowing any points and just under 130 yards of total offense.

What I Like
    Team can battle
    play solid defense
    surprised me
    420 yards of total offense
    179 rushing
    241 passing

Didn't Like
    Speed- we are slow in the backfield, and got slower as Jeremiah Schwartz (90spd) fractured his foot and done for 7 weeks
    Brad Adams- 26 rushes 127 yards

Work On
    Receiving
    backfield by committee
    confuse opponents/surprise opponents

5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Texas whipped up on Wyoming 51-19. Full game summary is in my game summary thread. And Texas secured commitments from 3 players in week 1.

6. Papa Perry

I forgot to last night but I will today sometime.

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Oklahoma St 52
    #22 Oregon 17

The Cowboy run game dominated this one, as our RS Jr Jeremy Smith went for over 200 yards and 3 scores. Oregon's Offense is annoying to play against, and we gave up a few big plays, but other than that the D was lights out.

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Miami - 55
    Cincy - 13

Pretty sure that was the score. Miami went into #18 Cincy and embarassed them in their own home. Miami won with a well balanced attack and no offensive players really stood out. Defense was the story for Miami as they created multiple turnovers and had over 6 sacks on Cincy's weak O-line.

9. Papa Perry

All in all did anyone have any outstanding stats by the CPU. I tuned the Bowl sliders to give the users help in pass coverage. I still had the CPU go for 318 through the air but I gave 2 big catches to them when I screwed up trying to pick it off. I already know that I'm gonna tune up the CPU running back ability and probably tune down the user running back ability.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

slow down boss.......save some for the rest of us

11. Papa Perry

Go easy on him dakota. Texas went 2-10 last season.

12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I'll be on tonight to play

13. hornfaninbama

I am just trying to keep it realistic. texas has 17 commits for 2011 in real life. you guys can get started when I get done lol

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

just started my game and notice I'm an A overall (A- Off, A Def). Only took me 3 years...

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Tennessee 63

NC State 14

I thought the cap was 65, my bad. What is my punishment?

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Bring Phil Fulmer back and receive the Fulmer Cup

17. Papa Perry

You have to change the depends on one of the following men according to popular vote by the OD:

Phil Fulmer
    Charlie Weis
    Lou Holtz after he has consumed 8 taco bell burritos and 5 gallons of pune juice

Voting starts now.

18. dakota7

Bama destroys Arizona 56-3. And it wasn't even that close.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

lmao. Damn that's harsh

20. Papa Perry

Alright guys I'm definately bumping and tuning the sliders for next week. For anyone that has CPU games remember to look at your opponents player ratings closely. Basically don't gripe if a 96 OVR HB breaks a tackle from your 70-85 OVR LB. Use your own judgement on whether or not a player should or shouldn't have been able to do something they did based on ratings

21. hornfaninbama

I vote for lou because if he lisps and drools that badly from his mouth I can't imagine how nasty those diapers are.

22. dakota7

I had about 5 or 6 easy interceptions dropped by my db's. Other than that....I mean, I won 56-3.......what more can I ask for?

23. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Michigan - 38
    USC - 7

Shocking win. No gripes about sliders, obviously. Howeverm I did get called for more penalties than I am used to.

24. hornfaninbama

Ya I had that happen too, but for me they were all facemask penalties. I don't ever use aggressive on that adjustment, but I had between 3 and 5 called on me. Other than that I had no issues with the sliders.

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State pounds Georgia Tech into a submission. If I don't hold back I could have easily scored 100 in this game, so I don't feel bad about going 6 over the point limit. I benched my entire first string at halftime but it was already too late. I scored 56 and I didn't even get the opening kickoff. Two kick return fumble recovery touchdowns and an option play fumble recovery accounted for 21 of the 56 first half points. 3 of the 5 offensive touchdowns came from gunslinger Matt Franklin. He looked like a new man in the new scheme. Jamal Berry punched in 2 short scores to wrap up the first half scoring. The only second half TD came on a 7 yard Wildcat play using my #6 WR (Larry Johnson) and my #4 HB (Jordan Hall). Actually Johnson played damn good in the wildcat and he averaged more yards per carry than my #1 WR Jackson or #1 HB Berry.

True freshman WR Devin Burley 1 receiving touchdown and 1 fumble recovery touchdown

Safety Oharian Johnson 10 tackles 1 interception 1 fumble forced 1 deflection

Ohio State - 0 2nd half pass attempts

Final score: 66-7