The Rivalry: S4 - Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The Rivalry: S4 - Week 3 Scores

Following the firing of the old coaching staff after a home loss to Texas, Coach Dru leads Penn State on the road and knocks off #1 Alabama 37-21 behind an early air attack and tough defense. Penn State scored on it's second play from scrimmage, a 40 yard streak route to J. Brown. Bama looked to even it up on their first drive, getting inside the 10 before the Penn St defense forced a FG. The FG was wide right and that pretty much was the beginning of the end for the Tide.

PSU scored 31 unanswered points through the mid 3rd quarter and ran the ball the bulk of the second half. Alabama made a late push in the 3rd and 4the quarters but never got closer than 3 scores.

Player of the game - HB C. Dukes, 28 carries, 141 yards, 3 TD

Up next - The road show continues as PSU visits another top 10 opponent, the Miami Hurricanes.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good game dru. I sucked. Its hard to come back from such a slow start

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State got some revenge on coach Bulgy, at the expense of Bulgy's new team. Bulgy defeated OSU twice last season, including a thrashing in the Rose Bowl. This year the Buckeyes offense and defense stepped up. The offense didn't put up prolific numbers but they did put up one important stat, 0 turnovers. In the previously mentioned Rose Bowl Ohio State turned it over 6 times, 3 each in interceptions and fumbles. On the defensive side the Buckeyes picked off Gilbert 4 times and also recovered a fumble. OSU's defense forced several more fumbles that were picked up by Texas players. Twice Ohio State returned Gilbert's interceptions for touchdowns.

Ohio State 37
    Texas 10

4. Dru50

Big 10 representing this week. Well done, brave.

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Man, one bye week and I feel like I have not played in forever, lol. Welcome Dru, and nice win. I like the direction this league is heading in, good work Perry.

6. Dru50

Thanks bogey, this OD feels like familiar ground to me, probably because we have half of the C2C team over here.

(y)

7. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Good game brave you dominated the second half. Those 2 redzone turnovers hurt bad. I was hoping that I could keep my streak over you going. Maybe next season you'll have to come to austin.

8. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

No doubt. I had a bye here, a user game with Hokie and the red rings in OFFLE, and offseason in Trifecta!

Feels like I havent played in a week!!!

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'll get my game in tonight. In all honesty I have already played it once but I was so disgusted in being up 56-13 at the end of the half I quit. I'll play tonight and post regardless to how bad I beat the hell out of Maryland

10. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Great game Knight. Miami Coach is writing a letter to the officials boss for that "fumble" that you brought back for a td. We think it was an incompletion as he barely turned with it after catching it. Great game tho and i had my opportunities but blew it.

11. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Oh, 27-20, Iowa St beats Miami. Miami was goin for the tie with under 25 seconds left and in the red zone when Iowa sealed it with a pick.

12. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I believe we were ready to advance last night... Michigan, I will be about at like 4:30 pm EST for a bit if you want to get our game in.

13. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

florida state keeps rolling with a 55-14 win over BC.

14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Bogey, i cant get on tonight, but tomorrow will work. We have Open House at school and I won't be able to get home until 9pm, and I'll be on wife duty at that point...

Tomorrow around 5 central tim 10pm will be good for me. Lemme know if this works

15. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Agreed. I don't want to be negative, but is there any way we can go through our weeks quicker?

16. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I think a good rule of thumb would be that if your the last guy to play in a week, post that we are done, or message Perry and tell him we are ready to advance so he knows. We were ready to advance at like 11:30 last night but I dont think anyone realized.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I should have messaged him last night when I popped online. He probably just forgot after his game with Killa in C2C.

18. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I did forget and it's advanced. I will make the full post this evening