The Rivalry: S4 - Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

The Rivalry: S4 - Week 4

3 User Games

Advance is Friday Afternoon

Column 1 Column 2
    Team Opponent
    #22 Clemson (Papa Perry) @ Boston College
    #10 Iowa State (KnightnBattle10) BYE
    #4 Florida (ShortBusStud) @ #14 Tennessee (MaslerBoros16)
    #12 Miami (MARCMAN777) #16 Penn State (Dru50)
    #19 Oklahoma State (FATBOYONADIET2) #18 Michigan (The Vredesbyrd)
    Texas (BulgyTexas) BYE
    #8 Alabama (dakota7) @ Arkansas
    #9 Florida State (Gwill2588) BYE
    #14 Tennessee (MaslerBoros16) #4 Florida (ShortBusStud)
    #2 Ohio State (bravejaf) #5 Cal
    #16 Penn State (Dru50) @ #12 Miami (MARCMAN777)
    #18 Michigan (The Vredesbyrd) @ #19 Oklahoma State (FATBOYONADIET2)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

#2 Ohio State 55
    #5 Cal 14

Cal's 2 touchdown plays came on long receptions after missed tackles. Rest of the game was solid but not spectacular defense. On offensive side Matt Franklin was unstoppable. He completed 22 of 23 passes for 306 yards and 4 TDs. He spread the ball to 7 different receivers with Crowell leading the way. Crowell caught 6 passes for 75 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Franklin has now thrown 9 TD passes this season and he has 0 interceptions. He also has a 75% completion percentage after 3 games. Both are big improvements over his performance last season. He had 21 interceptions last season (about 1.5 per game) and a 63% completion percentage.

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Texas recruiting is done. No commits this week for the first time this season. Texas does sit #1 on all its targets and week 7 should be a big week with all 8 targets making visits to see Texas take on Mizzou.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Bama destroys Arkansas, 66-21. I'll update more later...big day for the passing game.

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Michigan - 21
    Okla. St. - 48

Coach Vredesbyrd has thrown away the stat sheet. The defense forgot to show up against a quality User on the road. I think OSU's QB was like 23-24 for 4,765,890 yards. their backs combined for around 3,689,887 yards.

The offense was stagnant, as somehow, Coach Vredesbyrd has forgotten how to play this game. Not much else to say.

Great job, Fatboy.

I f'n hate michigan.

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

First half was a heavyweight battle as we went into the half up 24-21 and we were ready to trade blows in the second half as well. We got some big breaks early in the second half and picked Michigan up 34-21 to all but ice it at that point. Very well played game Joe, you are a solid addition to the Tradition community and I look forward to battling with you in the future.

Looks like we only have the other 2 user games left, we may advance early!

It does not get any easier as we welcome the undefeated top 10 Iowa St. Cyclones next week.

Oh, and my stud all everything HB is done for the season (11 weeks) had huge hopes for this guy and he is a 96 RS Jr so his career is basically over...

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Sorry about the Running Back...

Thank you for the kind words. Just when I think We are ready to step back onto the main stage, we get our butts whipped. There is still the big ten season to look forward to!!

Bogey, while my was putrid, I think your offense played a big part in that.
    Your OLINE is AMAZING.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Penn State goes on the road again against a top 25 team and makes another big statement, winning 44-14. Miami struggled with turnovers (4) and Penn States offense was firing on all cylinders in the first half and first drive of the 3rd quarter, jumping out to a 38-8 lead.

The best part of the game for me was I got my first punt return TD in NCAA 10 finally, a 70 yard scamper by D. Smith.

Good game Marc.

Up next - Penn State opens Big 10 play by welcoming Minnesota to Happy Valley.

9. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I played absolutely horrible, probly one of my worst user games ever. My defender i was controlling looked like the 1st time i ever played. My lines were off and my tackling sucked. My QB pissed me off. On 2 consecutive drives i had a WR WIDE open and he throws on his wrong side, 6 feet wide, 8 feet deep. Feet were planted in the pocket both times. GG Dru, you whooped my ass. btw i used the 3-4 D quite a bit as i'm still adjusting to the Multiple D since i've been a 4-2-5 guy most of my time here.

10. Papa Perry

bfruchey has quit. Masler how would you feel about me switching to Florida so you have a user game? I'll switch back and play my clemson game after but I'd really like for us to be able to play the user games I set up. In the mean time I'll be looking for a replacement.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

sure man. do whatever you want. user game or CPU, doesn't matter to me. Florida is a tough fight no matter what lol

12. Papa Perry

Whats your availability this afternoon and we'll knock it out

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have to play my bowl game in OFFL West in about an hour, but after that I'm free for anything.

14. Papa Perry

I'll be home at 5:30 central. Can you play then?

15. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Damn, a good league member is hard to find... I will put the word out.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

sure....

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

UF 42

Tenn 28

Tenn took an early 21-7 lead and like many past games, watch the lead dissolve into a tie. Halftime it was 28-28. 3rd quarter was nothing but a defensive battle with Florida scoring the only TD. 4th quarter held about 4 chances for the Vols to tie the ballgame but the offense couldn't produce. In the final seconds Florida's HB breaks a huge one to lead comfortably. 42-28 Final.

GG Stand in Coach lol. I have to say I'm pissed at my offense for crumbling under the pressure and for the defense giving up nearly every 3rd down. Since Florida is on my side of the SEC, I do not see me making the Champ game this year. Great way to start off Conference play (at home too) lol.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

UF 42

Tenn 28

Tenn took an early 21-7 lead and like many past games, watch the lead dissolve into a tie. Halftime it was 28-28. 3rd quarter was nothing but a defensive battle with Florida scoring the only TD. 4th quarter held about 4 chances for the Vols to tie the ballgame but the offense couldn't produce. In the final seconds Florida's HB breaks a huge one to lead comfortably. 42-28 Final.

GG Stand in Coach lol. I have to say I'm pissed at my offense for crumbling under the pressure and for the defense giving up nearly every 3rd down. Since Florida is on my side of the SEC, I do not see me making the Champ game this year. Great way to start off Conference play (at home too) lol.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

UF 42

Tenn 28

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

So perry, are you clemson or florida now?

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

he switched to Florida so I wouldn't miss a user game.

22. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I am the new florida hopefully

23. Papa Perry

Yes dj will be our new Florida