The Rivalry: S4 - Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

The Rivalry: S4 - Week 5

DJ you will get an invite asap.

2 user games. Get em in.

Advance is Sunday. (May extend if needed)

Column 1 Column 2
    Team Opponent
    #21 Clemson (Papa Perry) Wake Forest
    #8 Iowa State (KnightnBattle10) #14 Oklahoma State (FATBOYONADIET2)
    #20 Miami (MARCMAN777) #7 Florida State (Gwill2588)
    #14 Oklahoma State (FATBOYONADIET2) @ #8 Iowa State (KnightnBattle10)
    Texas (BulgyTexas) Baylor
    #6 Alabama (dakota7) BYE
    #7 Florida State (Gwill2588) #20 Miami (MARCMAN777)
    #17 Tennessee (MaslerBoros16) BYE
    #1 Ohio State (bravejaf) Northwestern
    #11 Penn State (Dru50) Minnesota
    Michigan (The Vredesbyrd) Indiana

Just so everyone knows I'll be leaving for the beach tuesday. I'll be back saturday so we'll probably have a long week then I'll advance again when I get back.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will humiliate Northwestern when I get home later tonight.

BTW are we actually enforcing the 60 point rule? I admittedly went over that mark once this season and I know I'm not the only one.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

It will be enforced if done excessively

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Cyclones pull a W out of there butt, beats OK ST

1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
    ISU 7 10 7 13 37
    OK ST 14 3 14 3 34

Fast forward with a minute change left in the 4th quarter, Hammerschmidt ISU FB punches in the game tying TD with 1:14 left leaving plenty of time for the Cowboys. Oklahoma State gave the ball to Pratt on the first play and he scampered near midfield, second play he was stuffed for a 2 yard loss and the Cowboys elected to go 5 wide. Wade hit an open receiver and as he turned up field SS Washington laid the lumber and he coughed up the ball as the Cyclones recovered. Iowa State under control would drive to the 26 with 0:03 left the kicker came out onto the field and was iced, but knocked it through as time expired.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    ISU OK ST
    Score 37 34
    First Downs 21 16
    Total Offense 459 394
    Rushes-Yards-TD 32-97-3 32-135-2
    Comp-Att-TD 22-36-1 12-22-2
    Passing Yards 362 259
    3rd Down 7-12 (58) 5-8 (62)
    4th Down 0-0 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 4-3-1 (100) 3-2-1 (100)
    Turnovers 2 4
    Fumble 0 2
    Interception 2 2
    Total Yards 632 557
    Punts-Avg 2-36.0 1-45.0
    Pen-Yards 1-15 0-0
    TOP 15:16 12:51

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Definitely a good game, we let you hang around too long and were sloppy with the football, and this is what happens when you get sloppy. Team is still looking for an identity, just hoping for another crack at you in the conference championship if I can get there.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Penn State wins the Battle for the Governors Victory Bell over Minnesota 40-13. This game was dominated by the Minnesota defensive line, as they sacked Kevin Newsome 6 times and hit him about another 5 times. When Newsome had time, which wasn't often, played well, hitting 13-19 for 186 yards and a TD. HB Curtis Dukes ran 20 times for 95 yards and 3 scores.

Up next - Wisconsin comes to town.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State 58
    Northwestern 14

Unlike his dad all Duron Carter does is catch passes and get tackled at the 1 yard line. He only had a few receptions in the game and each one got the ball inside the 5 yard line, but he scored 0 touchdowns. In fact QB Matt Franklin threw for well over 300 yards but just a single TD pass in the game. Story of the game was passing the ball to get in scoring range and punching in short TD runs. Berry had 4 touchdowns in the game despite gaining only 39 yards. The only long TD of the game was by WR Brian Brown on a perfectly executed wildcat play. He gashed NW defense for 68 yards, including a nifty juke move, on that touchdown run. All game Brown showed why he is one of the most explosive players in college football. He ran for more than 80 yards on 5 carries, caught 5 passes for over 100 yards and also returned kicks and punts for Ohio State.

8. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Michigan - 53
    Indiana - 20

THis one was over after the first quarter. After going 19-25 for 257 yds and 4 tds, Senior QB Tate Forcier was injured in the second quarter and will miss 12 weeks. Senior Denard Robinson was called upon to take off his redshirt and step in, which he did admirably going 5-5 for 97 yards and a TD.

Senior Ja'Ron Stokes hauled in 8 balls for 126 yards and a TD. As well, Roy Roundtree caught 4 for 126 and 2 tds.

Nice bounce back win at home after two tough road losses. After the win, Coach Vredesbyrd told the media that he was off to Las Vegas to do some recruiting of Middle School football players. And to Gamble.

He will be back with the team thursday evening.

9. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Looks like we are ready to advance once Perry plays his game.

10. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Florida State pulls one out in Miami, win 24-21. It was a physical game as the Noles defense couldnt figure out the Hurricane offense, but they forced two drive killing picks including one in the red zone. With 5 mins left in the game Senior QB EJ Manuel led a brilliant drive, capping it with a TD pass. The Canes on their drive moved the ball, but they stalled out and rather go for it, they opted to punt and never saw the ball again.

11. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Ya, great game. I screwed myself when i threw a pick in the red zone on 3rd down. As soon as i lined up for that play i thought to myself i should just run it up the middle and set myself up for an easy FG. Your game changer was the fake FG, what a great play. Completly took me by surprise. And on the final drive when i stalled out, i think it was like 4th and 17, i thought we had a good chance to stop you as the D was comin up big all day in big spots, unfortunately we punted and couldn't hold ya. Great game.