The Rivalry: Season 3 - Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

The Rivalry: Season 3 - Week 7

First of all, everyone welcome LOLOLORSKATES who is currently Texas Tech but may change after receiving his invite and looking over the rosters. We only have 7 games this week and they are all CPU games. Get them in asap and everyone else do your recruiting asap and we can get another advance in really quick. I wanna get this thing rolling smoothly. Also please post your score and a short summary in this thread.

Column 1 Column 2
    User Opponent
    Minnesota (Papa Perry) vs Northwestern
    #16 Michigan (LeGeNd RiPs) vs Penn State
    #1 Alabama (dakota7) @ #19 Ole Miss
    #4 LSU (BulgyTexas) vs Kentucky
    #6 Ohio State (bravejaf) BYE
    Texas Tech (LOLOLORSKATES) vs #15 Texas A&M
    #17 Tennessee (MaslerBoros16) BYE
    #8 Nebraska (wader49) vs Oklahoma State
    #2 Oregon State (Gwill2588) BYE
    Iowa State (KnightnBattle10) vs Texas
    #5 Oregon (Huronia8) BYE

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State - Bye week

God I hate bye weeks. I was looking forward to whipping on another helpless CPU team :). Papa Perry, did you notice if the Gophers play the Buckeyes this season. I only looked at my schedule real quick following the advance to week 6.

3. Papa Perry

We do I play Michigan AND Ohio State in back-2-back weeks

4. Papa Perry

Minnesota - 45
    Northwestern - 31

At the end of the 1st, Minnesota put on their shades and was gonna cruise the restof the game since they were up 21-7 and it looked like they figured out Northwesterns offense. Northwestern roared back and even took the lead midway through the 3rd but with a minute left in the 3rd Minnesota grabbed hold of the reins again and the defense shut Northwestern down in the 4th allowing 0 points.

Player of the Game

MLB Devarro Greaves - 10 Tkls, 2 TFL, 1 Sck, 1 INT

5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

LSU Demolishes Kentucky

Tigers beat Cats by 28

Baton Rouge, LA- The LSU Tigers destroyed the Kentucky Wildcats in a solid all around performance. The offense had nearly as many yards rushing as the Cats had total, and even were able to get every freshman on the roster onto the field by the end of the game.

The Tigers running backs carried 55 times for 246 yards on the day. The Tigers were up 14-0 after one, and 31-3 at halftime. The offense didn’t even attempt a pass in the second half, and the Tigers were able to cruise to victory. Marcus Newman had 17 carries for 108 yards and Mike Ford had 16 for 102, and both players averages over 6 yards a carry.

The defense was dominant in the first half, forcing 6 turnovers by Kentucky, including 3 fumbles and 3 interceptions. Patrick Peterson had 2 interceptions in the 1st quarter. Craig Loston had a very good all around game with 8 tackles 1 sack and 1 TFL.

The Tigers will match up with the other Tigers next week taking on Auburn. Then they get a break before a brutal 3 game stretch that includes games at Tennessee, at Alabama, and at home versus Ole Miss.

6. Texas Tech asserted themselves as a dangerous big 12 team by beating #15th ranked TAMU by a score of 48-20 in Lubbock.

2-2 Missouri next week.

Stat of the game.
    9 - 9 different players caught passes on the offensive side of the Red Raiders football team.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think we're waiting on Iowa State and Michigan

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

ISU playin now

9. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Game will be done soon.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Iowa State rips Texas

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Tex 3 14 0 0 17
    ISU 7 7 14 14 42

Through the first quarter and much of the 2nd Iowa State had a pretty good clamp on Texas. With a minuet to go Texas scored to go up 10-7 and then again with :23 left to make it 17-7. Iowa State was determined to get a Field Goal but the kick return went down to the 1 yard line and ISU was able to punch in a score to take some MO down 17-14 at half. That MO turned into 28 unanswered points in the second half as Iowa State played stifling defense and big plays sprinkled in on offense with a few long drives. Iowa State will host #3 Oklahoma next week and look for another upset.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Legend is the last one to play. Hopefully he can squeeze that game in so we can move on to week 8. Bye weeks always feel longer than normal weeks. I could have sworn we advanced more than 3 days ago.

12. Papa Perry

He will only be squezzing air as I have just advanced. We will be honoring the 72 hour rule from here on out unless you contact me for an extension. And Legend...this is strike 2