The Rivalry: Season 3 - Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

The Rivalry: Season 3 - Week 8

Everyone has a game and we only have one user vs user game (Sorry Masler but I gotta pull for the Tide on this one). Advance is set for Thursday at 6pm central.

Column 1 Column 2
    User Opponent
    Minnesota (Papa Perry) @ Michigan State
    #24 Michigan (LeGeNd RiPs) @ Purdue
    #1 Alabama (dakota7) vs #14 Tennessee (MaslerBoros16)
    #4 LSU (BulgyTexas) vs Auburn
    #7 Ohio State (bravejaf) @ #8 Wisconsin
    Texas Tech (LOLOLORSKATES) @ Missouri
    #14 Tennessee (MaslerBoros16) @ #1 Alabama (dakota7)
    #9 Nebraska (wader49) vs #20 Texas A&M
    #2 Oregon State (Gwill2588) @ Stanford
    Iowa State (KnightnBattle10) vs #3 Oklahoma
    #5 Oregon (Huronia8) @ Arizona State

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Masler. Can you play during the day on wednesday?

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

What time? I'll be home from 1pm-4pm EST.

And gee thanks for the support ;)

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good week for Ohio State
    * Beat #8 Wisconsin 48-3
    * Signed 4 new recruits
    * 3 new soft commits, including a top 10 prospect I never thought would sign

Franklin had a mediocre 9-18 183 1/1 game but running game picked up the slack. Herron, Berry and Oliver each score touchdowns on ground and rushed for over 50 yards. Berry led the way with 100 and Oliver had 85. Herron was benched due to injury in 1st quarter but still had over 50 yards. Defense and special teams also contributed TDs, on back to back drives. Freshman Brown returned a kickoff for a TD after Wisconsin's lone score. On the next drive Bell grabbed a one handed interception and returned it for a short TD.

5. dakota7

How does 2 est sound?

6. Under New Staff Texas Tech Rolls Again

The Red Raiders improved their Big XII record to 2-1 after trouncing Missouri 47-24. Defense was MIA as the two teams racked up nearly a thousand yards of offense. The Red Raiders were never behind in this game as they jumped up to a commanding 14-0 lead early in the first quarter. The Red Raiders defense racked up six sacks on Missouri's Blaine Gabbert.

Blain Gabbert was responsible for TTU's first score of the game as he lateraled the ball into Nathan Stone's hands who took it 87 yards for the touchdown.

Number of the game :
    3 - 3 sacks by the freshman defensive end Jeff Rogers

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

2 is good

8. dakota7

Ok, I'll see ya then.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Tenn 28
    Bama 45

Very close game in the first half with neither team seeming to break the tie. Bama went into the half leading 28-21. After starting QB E. Ernst is knocked out for the season, Tenn is unable to get anything going on offense. They score one more TD late in the 4th quarter but it's doesn't help much. Bama's high powered offense had a field day with the defense, easily running the ball, passing was a bit more conservative in some areas but opened up on others. One play Bamas QB was about to be sacked and instead of switching me to would be sacker, it switches me to the safety (who tackles thin air) leaving the WR wide open for 6.

GG dakota, felt this one was a bit closer than last year.

Not sure how I stand without Ernst for the season now. My two best players out for the season?...this could get ugly with a true freshman without much experience at the helm.

10. dakota7

Great game masler!!

This one definetly broke open for me in the second half. Mark Ingram was huge before he got hurt, going for 173 yards and 2 scores. Here's that play you mentioned.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAwAuWejRw8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAwAuWejRw8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="295" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Oregon State handle Stanford easily 42-22. The Beaver offense clicked on all cylinders as QB Ryan Katz threw 200 yds and 2 TDs. More to come in team summary.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Iowa State upsets OU

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Ou 14 14 0 13 41
    ISU 17 14 14 10 55

[YOUTUBE]IYTXAXVNOhI[/YOUTUBE]
    fans rush the field​

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Good job guys. I will be advancing during my lunch break today.