The Road Less Travelled: Following Curtis Dozier

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by ChildPlease9, Oct 27, 2012.

1. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

bengals-platinum-stadium.png
    Follow Curtis Dozier as he takes the road less travelled to NFL stardom: the practice squad.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Three weeks into the preseason, and I haven't seen a snap in a game. I've been tasked with playing the role of the opponent's #1 receiver, and it's been humbling. I was a five star recruit, committed to Alabama, and made a major mistake leading up to spring ball. Tulsa wanted me enough to offer me the opportunity to walk on, and I was always a big fish in a small pond. Now, I'm rarely even wearing my own number on my practice jersey. It's something I've never been through before, but I've got to stay the course if I want to make the team.

Coaches are saying I'll get some quality time next week on offense and special teams, and I'm hoping I get a chance to prove myself before final cuts. The Bengals gave me a chance, and I hope I can reward their faith. I like Cincinnati, I like this offense, and I think I can thrive here.

3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I could not be more excited about my future here. Coaches stayed true to their word, and I got to start the last preseason game against the Giants. I played opposite AJ Green and caught five passes for 122 yards and two touchdowns in two quarters of play. It's different seeing single coverage, and if I get to play in the regular season, I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of it.

Having guys like AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham, and Darren McFadden around practice sessions is incredible. I can only hope to soak up as much knowledge as I can. I'm lucky for the time I've spent here and look forward this season, whether I make the 53 man or not.

4. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced that WR Curtis Dozier has not only made the 53 man roster but has been named the #2 WR over NFL Veteran Braylon Edwards.

5. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

It was a rush taking the field with my team for the first time in my career. Andy threw me a slant on the first play -- I dropped it. Great start. I ended up pulling in three passes for 36 yards -- not the best day but still productive. Most importantly, we pulled of a 35-6 win. I think we could have a special group here for years to come. We locked up Darren McFadden, Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, and Taylor Mays to long term deals. It's cool to see an organization committed to keeping guys around that perform well -- hope I can join that group after this season.

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Today was a tough one. I took a huge hit, and the training staff decided to hold me out the rest of the game. I had a nice 19 yard catch, but it wasn't enough. It's tough to watch your team lose from the sideline, especially in overtime. Still can learn plenty from the sidelines, though. TY Hilton was incredible for Indy's special teams. Hopefully I can replicate his presence in the return game; 2 punt returns for touchdowns in a tight game won the game for his team.

I wish I could have been out there with my teammates, win or lose. Here's to hoping I make it back for next week's game. Oh, and Vontae Davis... I'm coming for you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

2013 Statistics through Week Six:​
    Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 4.36.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 4.36.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 4.37.06 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

There's some highly homoerotic things going on in this thread.