The Road to the Playoffs - AFC Edition

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Ryty, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

upload_2013-12-14_12-51-44.png

AFC

[​IMG]

1 Seed - Miami Dolphins 6-2 (AFC East Leader)

Season Summary

Even after a loss to the Bengals, the Dolphins are still the #1 seed in the AFC. With the combination of the top rushing attack in HK at 158 ypg and the #1 ranked defense in HK, MG has his Dolphins exceeding expectations and is my early choice for executive of the year.

Top Players
    [​IMG]

HB - Lamar Miller

Miller is going to easily eclipse the 1,000 yard mark on the season. His surprise rookie season has him as one of the clear favorites for offensive rookie of the year in the AFC.
    [​IMG]
    DE Cameron Wake

Wake has a league leading 15 sacks on the season. He is on pace to break the single season sack record and is the clear top choice for defensive player of the year so far.

[​IMG]

2 Seed - Cincinnati Bengals 7-3 (AFC North Leader)

Season Summary

Cincinnati's formula is pretty simple - get the ball in the hands of their playmakers. In this case, the two playmakers are Adrian Peterson and AJ Green (30 more receptions than the next receiver). Peterson already has 1,325 yards on the season and is averaging 7 ypc. If you don't stop AP, you don't have a chance against the Bengals. The Bengals are currently the hottest team in HK with a 6 game win streak. All is well in the Queen city.

Top Players
    [​IMG]

HB Adrian Peterson

As stated above, 7.0 ypc and 1,325 yards through 10 games. He is the engine that makes Cincy go.
    [​IMG]
    FS Reggie Nelson

With 48 tackles and 3 interceptions, Nelson is playing at a pro-bowl level for the Bengals defense.

[​IMG]

3 Seed - San Diego Chargers 6-3 (AFC West Leader)

Season Summary

No Cimmy, no problem. The CPU lead Chargers sit atop the AFC West by a 1/2 game over the Raiders. Honestly, I have no idea how they are doing it. The Chargers has the 28th ranked offense and the 20th ranked defense yet they are still winning. The main reason - 5 wins by a total of 19 points. I really don't see it continuing.

Top Players
    [​IMG]

HB Ryan Mathews

The backup running back is averaging 9.7 yards per carry. Unfortunately, he's only carried the ball 38 times to Danny Woodhead's 153 times. Someone needs to make a depth chart change fast.
    [​IMG]
    MLB Donald Butler

Butler is one of the league leaders in tackles with 78. He's been a force in the middle of the Chargers defense all season. He is the one pro-bowler I could find on this roster.

[​IMG]

4 Seed - Jacksonville Jaguars 5-4 (AFC South Leader)

Season Summary

With limited talent on their roster, the Jags are one of the big surprises in the AFC. An improving 7th ranked defense is the main reason for the success. However, in order to hang on to the South, they are going to have to get better QB play from Chad Henne. So far on the season, Henne's Rating of 53.7 is among the worst in the AFC. He's only thrown 3 TD's in 11 games and has 11 interceptions.

Top Players
    [​IMG]

HB Maurice Jones-Drew

MJD has a solid 5.4 ypc average with 760 yards on the season. If the Jags are going to win the South, MJD will be the reason.
    [​IMG]
    LE Tyson Alualu

29 tackles and 11 sacks have Alualu as one of the top ends in the AFC.

[​IMG]

5 Seed - Baltimore Ravens 6-3 (1st Wildcard)

Season Summary

The Ravens are winning this season with offense. They have the top scoring offense in the league at 29 points per game. Ray Rice is having his best season as a pro with 1,032 yards and a 7.4 yards per carry average (now...most of those are against the Browns). Add Flacco's 103.9 QB rating and his 17-7 TD to Int ratio and you have a team that is clearly in contention not only for a WC but for the AFC North title. However, they must improve on their 31st ranked pass defense.

Top Players
    [​IMG]

HB Ray Rice

7.4 yards per carry. 7.4.....
    [​IMG]
    CB Lardarius Webb

Webb is playing the best ball of his career and could definitely be considered a shutdown CB. He already has 5 interceptions on the season.

[​IMG]

6 Seed - Oakland Raiders 5-3 (2nd Wildcard)

Season Summary

The only thing that may stop the Raiders is Third finally getting his PS4. The 5th ranked passing attack has surprised everyone this season. The defense has also been very solid with a 5 ranking in total points allowed and ranked 10th in total yards allowed. If the offense can keep this up and the defense can keep opponents somewhat in check, I can see them overtaking the Chargers and winning the AFC West.
    Top Players
    [​IMG]
    QB Terrelle Pryor

Pryor is the surprise of the season so far in HK. He has a QB Rating of 107 and is completing 71% of his passes. He's thrown for 1,773 yards and 12 TD's to only 5 interceptions. If Pryor can keep this up, he could be looking at his first MVP award. O-H!
    [​IMG]
    FS Charles Woodson

At 36 years of age, Chuck Woodson is still going strong. The FS has 36 tackles and 2 interceptions on the season. Nevertheless, I hate him.

In the Hunt

[​IMG]

Kansas City Chiefs - 5-4
    [​IMG]

Pittsburgh Steelers - 4-4

[​IMG]

Buffalo Bills - 5-5

[​IMG]

New York Jets - 4-5

Teams that are barely alive

[​IMG]

New England Patriots - 3-6

[​IMG]

Denver Broncos - 3-6

[​IMG]

Houston Texans - 3-6

[​IMG]

Tennessee Titans - 3-6

Teams already looking to the draft

[​IMG]

Cleveland Browns - 2-7

[​IMG]

Indianapolis Colts - 2-7

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Good Stuff. For some reason I feel I can still make the playoffs. Guess it my optimistic attitude

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I definitely agree. I really don't see the Chargers keeping this up and the Raiders should come back down to Earth. To be honest, I think the two best teams in the division are the Chiefs and the Broncos.

Looking at your schedule, I definitely think you have a shot. The two games against the Chiefs will be the test.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Good job ry

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Awesome ry!

6. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Awesome read!

8. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Good read. Awesome job.

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Awesome but I feel left off

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Good point! I didn't realize I left off the 5-5 Bills. I won't forget them again. SORRY!

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Its all good...I should be a bottom feeder after that last loss....

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

SD is better off without me...so is the rest of the AFC ;)

13. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

You are a terrible person.

14. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

dang it good read Ryty dang that ps4 still sold out still because I still cant get one :)