The Rookies / Draft?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

The Rookies / Draft?

Once the SuperBowl is done, we will advance so you can see the rookie class. I think I have a spreadsheet somewhere with the class we are getting this season. If someone else has it, please post it if I don't have it up yet.

I've been thinking of different ways to do the draft this year (especially with all of the traded draft picks we have), so I'll expect to have something new posted for us.

Team switching is closed. Once we decide on the path forward, I'll post for new owners, etc. I'm open to recommendations for friends / family etc...

Regarding MLB: The Show... once we get closer to the release date (even the demo), we can discuss what we would like to do and how to best approach it. There seems to be decent enough interest, and there will probably be a lot of league options out there for you guys.

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Are we not doing the draft thru leaguepulse that was very good last year.

3. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Mags I really like league pulse also. It ran very smooth. I'd be willing to draft for owners who can't make draft it this is a concern.

4. scarface

scarface Walk On

Best part of LP is you can set the draft to pick who you like in any order and set it up if guys are taken it selects your next guy.
    If I remember right it even lets you know how many guys to target to make sure if all of them are gone you still get your pick in.

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I still think this is the best way of doing it :)

My idea after last seasons draft

After this mess of a offseason thanks to Ea mainly i was thinking a possible solution if Ea will allow Mags to do this on the online franny. Here's my idea for the draft Mags boots everyone from the franny and we do the draft in lp like we did this draft. Once the live draft is done after the 4 rounds Mags ( or him and a couple Rc members ) could take control of each team and make all th elive picks in the franny via it's draft section and then sim rounds 5-7. That way each team already has the players they picked via the live draft and would be able to keep any players they got in rounds 5-7 via the sim. Once that is done everyone is invited back or given control of their team back and a first come first serve filler Fa period is done and hopefully we wouldn't have all this mess we have now. Again this is relies on if Ea allows Mags to do this in the online franny.

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

it should... In OMFL, the commissioner signed each team all his players after the mumble draft we did. I think without even booting the owners out. He just set up a time were nobody was allowed in the franchise and a couple of hours later i checked and there were all my rooks!

7. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

How about just doing the 7 rounds via league pulse. No sense in doing a 4 round draft and then fighting/wasting time doinf a 1 round free agent draft???

Lets just do a 7 round live draft - and owners who can't make it or who only want to do 4 rounds can leave and be content with whoever cpu drafts for them.

Why make this any more complicated - for MAGS especially - then it has to be???

My 2 cents :)

8. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

Guys i would like the 7rounds better then Mags doing 4 then 5-7 by Mags i like to do the work my self

9. scared46

scared46 Walk On

I agree we should do all 7 rounds and don't even bother the "FA draft." If you know you are going to be short a position then draft that position or sign the player before he goes to FA pool then you can draft any position you want because you will have the required players. FA draft takes longer then the actually draft so, I say just skip the FA draft because no one here should be short any position if you know what you are doing.

10. scarface

scarface Walk On

the problem with 7 rounds anywhere is the time it would take to do so, after 3-4 rounds there is not much left anyway, the problem has been that people dont follow the rules,
    which was DROP your rookies you didnt draft so they can be in the FA pool for the FA draft.
    If that was followed nothing would have been screwed up.

11. Mags

Yeah, I think we'll be a little more concise about it this season as well. 7 rounds we could do. If you don't want to participate, you could always just switch yourself to auto provided we are using LP.

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

im hoping for 7 rounds myself. i agree that if people want to quit after 4 or not even be there then they can go auto. that eliminates FA draft and streamlines the process.

13. scarface

scarface Walk On

Drafting 7 rounds doesnt necessarily eliminate a FA draft it just makes the FA draft not as important.
    For example if you draft a guy in the 6th round and then in the FA pool there is someone better you may want him and then pick him in the FA period.

Though I dont care if we do 4 or 7 rounds I just know the FA period after the draft would be interesting as well if we go 7 rounds and guys have to trim their rosters to either keep their rooks or cut them, It could make some decent players available.

14. scared46

scared46 Walk On

You own words, "there not much left after the fourth round." The FA draft is just a waste of time because it takes longer for people to post their players then an actual draft. So, my ? is, why so much bitching about someone keeping the players the cpu drafted if they weren't worth much? Btw, Mags can comment on this, it was him that also said, "sure, if you want the player the cpu drafted sure sign him." Like I posted above, if you know what position you need to FILL your roster do it via draft. There is NO reason why GM's should NOT have the requirements that is need at each position. It makes sense to me if you see that the draft pool really don't have much then DON'T RELEASE or NOT SIGN the player in that position.

15. Mags

One thing to keep in mind is that the FA draft is now irrelevant. The only way a team loses players would either be retirement or by cutting to make roster room. Without salary demands, contracts and all that wonderful stuff, FA's have less impact while late round draftees could have slightly more.

16. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

completely agree.

*and scar i know what u mean on ur last post following up on mine, but i jsut want to hurry and get to next season. a little longer draft results in a faster offseason. FA's mean virtually nothing to us cuz of the reasons mags said. go Titans and Jake Scott year two!!!

17. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

7 round draft and onto the games!!!!

18. scarface

scarface Walk On

i want the next season too asap...

19. Trashyman44

Trashyman44 THELOU CRUSHER

20. scarface

scarface Walk On

Hey mags can ya sim ahead and export the franny so we can start resigns and .... oh wait FUCK EA !!!