The San Diego Buzz

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hulk_hagen_55, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

[​IMG]

The San Diego Buzz

The first season under Coach Hagens Reign didnt seem to produce any different results than the coaches before him except for 2 important things. For one Coach Hagen took the 28th rushing offense last season into one of the most feared in the league, and secondly the defense became one of the worst in the league. This lead to a 10-6 record with an early playoff loss to the Broncos after a highly controversial call to go for two at the end of the game. when asked later about the call. Hagen responded "That should tell you just how much confidence i Currently have in our Defense and what direction our offseason will take". One thing is for certian, unlike many coaches in san diegos recent pass, The hulkster was very aggressive in the offseason, throwing tons of money and all his available resources at what he sees as the teams problem. in a private interview with the Commish, Coach said "if we are able to become even an average Defense, with the offense we have, we will win, win the division, and the ultimate goal the super bowl"
    Now flash forward to today, the end of RFA and right before the draft. San diego fans should be pleased at the results for 4 main reasons. reason one is the addition of Defensive end Darnell Dockett. with the addition of this stud, pressure will be taken off the secondary and onto the QB of opposing teams. louis castillo was pleased to have a partner in crime. dockett responded "I was surprised to say the least, I was arizonas leading pass rusher, but no hard feelings toward them as they know what they have to do to stay competitive in the league theyre in. as for San diego, i am very happy being opposite of castillo in a 3-4. this should be a great year for SD football" Reason 2 is docketts teammate SS Adrian Wilson. San diego has a nice young rookie developing at SS, but has decided that wilson was what they needed for their win now mentality. wilson stated " i am glad my transition will be easier with a former teammate following me to SD, i was told i was brought here to instill my hard work ethic i am known for as well as my talent, Coach Hagen has told me personally i am next years Defensive captian"
    Not done yet and after signing LT marcus mcniel to an outrageous 6 year 96 mil deal, the Chargers offered Darren Sharper 48 mil for 3 years to finish the Defensive trifecta. "lets see here, i played for many classy teams, won a super bowl, and now i am part of a major defensive overhaul for the Chargers, i am honored" said sharper. No Miami heat style parade will be held, yet these three superstars did say in unison, although i highly doubt it was choreographed " We WILL put the Hurt on everyone this year" Oh yea reason 4. The Charger offense is still intact minus Darren sproles, but have added the pothead Ricky williams, a runnin back that shows exactly how this team plans to win, straightforward and down your throat.

Only time will tell, but The chargers have definatly raised the bar for the Raiders who seem fairly conservative so far this offseason, the chiefs who have yet to find their QB, and the Broncos(Chargers biggest rival now)

2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

What else were you doing in the private interview with the commish? :eek: <------ Would be my guess....

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Oh we have our QB in Chris Robinson he will be our #1 qb. Our defense will Have Berry and Savage.

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

If we can do that with Kyle Orton just imagine what we can do with Jamarcus Austin :D

5. Hulk_hagen_55

1. red, whay else do you think im still in the league, lol jk.
    2. Greg, kudos to you finding a qb, this was written pre draft, and i have a deep respect for your D after our second meeting
    3. my answer to you rob is, Adrian wilson, darren sharper, darnell dockett, louis castillo and olb Phillips. i dare you to go deep with that jamarcus russel/cam cameron wannabe clone of yours ;)

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I love a good rivalry! :)

it don't matter, just don't bite it...

7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Dang, big time upgrades in the off-season on defense and it looks like they paid off right away!

8. Hulk_hagen_55

Coming your way there Denver!! dont hurt yourself trying to keep up!!

9. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

hmmm, 12 attempts 64 yards, not to mention we never trailed in the game :D So much for hurting myself trying to keep up lmao!

[​IMG]

10. Hulk_hagen_55

all i have to say is good game. and you got lucky in the first quarter, if you forgot, the first interception was a TD saver.

nothing taken from you, as you played a hell of a game, im just saying there was more in the tank than we were able to burn

11. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

lol dont take it personal bro, just felt i needed to respond to your previous comment of "Coming your way there Denver!! dont hurt yourself trying to keep up!!"

It was a good game on both sides where I nearly let a 21-0 lead slip away at the end. Yes the 1st drive was a TD saver but I pretty much matched you score for score until the 4th Qtr when I kind of let the foot off the gas when I thought I had the game in hand and was more focused on trying to run out the clock then putting more points on the board. I'm sure our next matchup will be another classic.