The Sandlot Guidelines and Settings Etc

Discussion in 'The Sandlot - The Show '15 OL' started by Blackattack87, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

Welcome to The Sandlot. I appreciate all you guys jumping on board. I promise this will be a fun league where members input will be taken into consideration on a variety of things. I have compiled a list of guidelines to set the ground work for how the league run..

1. Schedule and playing games
    You should be able to play 4 games in a week. If you don't then they will be simmed when the league advances. There is no playing the cpu of a user just a sim will occur. 4 games in a week shouldn't be hard to pull off. I will set this to a manual advance and I will be lenient if someone needs an extra day or whatever. If for some reason all the games are done before that's fine. I can speed it up accordingly

The schedule will be flexible and you can jump around your schedule to play games with either users that can and want to play that are ahead in your schedule or CPU opponents as well. The only thing not allowed is skipping CPU. If your next series is the CPU you must play that series next and play the whole series before moving on to another series. The only exception to that is if a user is able to play you and you need to play him before an advance, then you can play the user and come back to your cpu series and finish.

Also, no jumping around trying to find a good pitching match-up. If a user can play you, don't be a pussy and dodge him for another just because his #2 is going and your #4 is up. Man up and play. Shit happens in real life like that. Every game doesn't pit 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 all the time.

2. Playoffs and Off-season
    The playoff format will be exactly like MLB. 2 wildcards with a wildcard play in game and then the Div series, LCS and WS with the same number of games as in real life. The off-season is comprised of, re-signings, amateur player draft and Free Agency. I most likely will do a 12 hour adv on this stuff. But if that's too short I am open to longer times. The draft is kinda hectic and goes fast. You only have 30 seconds to pick. I highly recommend making a draft list in the draft room prior, to help you when searching for players.

3. Settings
    We will be playing on All Star setting. This is a good setting due to the different experience levels of our league users. We will use Zone Hitting and Pulse Pitching. This is something that I cannot force in a setting, its up to you guys to honor it. Its pretty easy to tell if you aren't using those settings. Broadcasting your games will be encouraged. There is no lag when braodacasting the show like there can be with Madden. As far as the views you use, do whatever you want. In my opinion some views are easier to field and see the ball after you hit it than others, so use what is comfortable to you. Also with throwing, feel free to use buttons and veteran. This eliminates most of the throwing errors which can be frustrating.

4. Sim Play
    For the most part The Show is a minimal cheese game however there are a few things that we don't do.
    A. Do not throw from RF to 1B on a single to right. In past releases you could gun the guy at first. They have since fixed it but still don't do it because you will come off like a douche lol.
    B. If you are going to steal you steal. No running back to first. I see this in lobby games cuz the pitcher animation shows a pitch-out pretty fast and guys run back. Not allowed, you continue running.
    C. No running to home from 3B on a dropped third strike. Sometimes the throw to first is an animation lollipop and you have no chance to get the guy at home. So stay at third.
    D. Don't quick pitch. I will have balks on to help with this but even when they are on u still can start to pitch too fast. I have a bad habit of this myself. I pitch fast just cuz I am in a rhythm. IDC against CPU but with users please give them time to take a lead if they wish. A good rule is to wait til ur pitcher comes set. U can pitch before this without getting a balk so an extra second to wait is courteous.
    E. Stealing, I am ok with stealing but none of that stealing all the way around or taking off before the pitcher has even begun to think about throwing. First to second is fine whenever. 2nd to third is ok just don't abuse if you have a speedster.
    But no hit and runs all the time.
    F. Base-running. Depending on what type of base-running you use it can become confusing. This is the one part of the game that needs improvement. A lot of times non lead runners will start toward next base. If a guy screws up and sends a guy thats gonna score its ur right to try to get him. But if it looks like a guy just messed up on buttons and hes trying to get back to a base with a non lead runner let him do it. You probably will be in same situation at some point and will want the same courtesy in return.
    G. Infield throwing errors or overthrows. If ur gonna take a base take one. Not two. I generally sometimes dont even take one. Its something we dont control for the most part. Just use your judgement.
    H. Balls in the outfield. The game glitches at times and or u will be fielding a ball and it either goes right thru u or it goes under ur glove when it probably shouldn't have. I usually just stop at the base I was at. If a guy misjudges a ball and takes too steep of an angle and messes it up that way then have at it. Get as far as you can. But if it looks like he was in position and ball goes by I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and stay. Once again u will appreciate the reciprocation of the courtesy when it happens to you.

One last thing guys. I have played online for years. I still am in a league now and its lag free. Still glitches from time to time but for the most part its a playable online game. When the game comes out there will be lots of people online and it may be shaky at first. DON'T FREAK OUT. It will get better. Trust me. Its like Jan 1 at the gym. But a few weeks later everyone leaves that isn't serious. It will get better. This is the only baseball game so I put up with some of the issues cuz it gets better. So lets have fun and get ready for a great league. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about anything. Thx Black

bblack16
    Jeremy
    PhiGuy179
    wkward83
    _MG_
    SoFresh_Kev
    DJDunn6
    fantasyboi
    OhDaesu19
    thirdalarm
    Lou
    GovernedSpy
    Jeffrey Hartle
    cry_havoc

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Nice job Black! looking forward to a great time playing the Show!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Likely a dumb question, and I haven't been on here in AGES, but does it matter whether this is PS3 or PS4?

4. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

Yes, its PS4

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sounds good - have fun!

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Look at this guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1