The Season 5 Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Dec 18, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

[​IMG]

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Week 1 Recruiting Update

South Carolina has made a HUGE impact early in recruiting. A major player in the national scene is off the market and in garnett and black. Have fun wasting some time this week boys ;)

3. egofailure

Congrats on Grant Jackson, man! That's definitely a MAJOR get.

4. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

PSU's recruiting gets off on the right foot with a new coach/recruiting coordinator in charge. 4 Star DE James Keenan commits early, it didn't hurt that he is from State College, PA.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Thanks for spilling the beans bung hole ;)

Btw what are your thoughts on the recruiting pool? Do you see the larger number of highly rated recruits?

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

[​IMG]
    The Wolverines traveled to Fort Worth, TX in week 1 to take on the #10 ranked TCU Horned Frogs. Things started off a bit slow with Ryan Gay at QB, changing the direction of the team back to a traditional pro style offense. With Gay at QB and stud junior RB Corey Royal at HB, Michigan started off with a 7-3 lead after the 1st quarter. Royal broke an early TD run to get out on top of the Horned Frogs. ​
    [​IMG]
    TCU responded in the 2nd quarter with another FG and an incredible TD off an interception by TCU to put the Frogs up 13-7. ​
    As the quarter progressed, Jr. QB Gay seemed to be losing some confidence out there, and Coach Smooth promptly decided to unleash highly touted QB Derek Mann. Bringing the Wolverines back to the days of Denard and Devin, on Mann's third touch of the football in the college ranks, he ran a designed speed option and broke up the field for a long TD. ​
    [​IMG]
    TCU quickly responded to go back up 20-14, but a well orchestrated drive by Ryan Gay was capped off by a 5 yard run by Royal to give the Wolverines a 21-20 lead at the half and there was no looking back. ​
    Greg Mattison's defense made the appropriate adjustments and essentially locked down the entire Horned Frog offensive attack and let Royal do his job to grind down the Frogs. ​
    [​IMG]
    Individual Stats​
    [​IMG]
    Michigan gets a bye in week 2. ​

• Like Like x 1
  7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Nice win Smooth TCU has to be stacked with talent as it seems they dominate recruiting in Texas.

8. egofailure

The he 2015 Arizona Wildcat Team Preview!
    [​IMG]
    Top Story lines for 2015
    The Return of Ka’Deem Carey
    After winning his second National Champion as a Wildcat and being honored with the prestigious Heisman trophy as a junior, most assumed it was forgone conclusion that Ka'Deem Carey would pack his bags and head for the NFL. After all, what else does he have to prove? "I want my degree," said Carey. "I promised my mother when I first started that I'd be the first in my family to graduate. Keeping that promise means everything to me."
    While a number of draft experts considered Carey a top-10 pick heading into the NFL draft, many others expressed caution, comparing the speedy back to recent draft bust, C.J. Spiller. "I also plan to use this year to quiet my doubters," Ka'Deem asserted. "I'm faster, stronger, and more determined than ever. I'll be the most NFL-ready halfback come 2016. Just watch."
    Who’s Daxx Garman?

When J.P. Pressley was announced as the starting QB last year, Daxx Garman might have thought that his time would never come. Garman graduated early from Southlake Carroll High School in the Dallas area and enrolled at Arizona in January 2011. Since then, he's watched Nick Foles, Matt Scott, and J.P. Pressley run the Wildcat offense from the sidelines. Having been ruled ineligible for his senior year of high school after moving from Oklahoma to Texas for violating transfer rules, Garman hasn't started a football game since his junior year of high school.
    Can Arizona fans trust in Daxx to get the job done? "Absolutely," asserted Coach Ego. "He's got a strong arm, he can make all the throws, and most importantly of all ... he's got plenty of weapons." The presence of Ka'Deem Carey will surely make the task of leading the Arizona offense more manageable, as will having towering targets such wide receivers Paris Bradford and Joel Wilkerson ready to catch any and every throw headed their way.
    But until Daxx shows his ability on the field, Wildcat fans will have reason to worry.
    New SS Tandem: Cortez Johnson and John Williams
    Quarterback Daxx Garman isn't the only player being thrusted into the spotlight this season during his senior year. Johnson and Williams, both red-shirt seniors, are being asked to man arguably the most important position within defensive coordinator Andre Patterson's 4-2-5 scheme. Cortez played a significant special teams role for the National Championships last season, and displayed tremendous potential despite limited opportunity. He ranked 5th on the squad with two interceptions.​
    Williams, on the other hand, hasn't seen the field much since he arrived at Arizona. The 5'11", 195 pound Texas native broke the school record for tackles while enrolled at Tyler Junior College. Considered to be one of the most naturally gifted athletes on the Wildcat roster, Williams combination of speed and strength (97/72) make him an interesting player to watch this season. In order for the Arizona defense to continue its PAC-12 dominance, he'll need to contribute immediately.​
    Quick Notes
    - Carey will wear jersey #1 after sporting #25 his first four seasons. Ka’Deem made the change to honor his daughter, Candance, who was born in February. “She’s number one in my life.” Carey and his fiance, Natalie Parker, are set to marry sometime after the season.
    - The coaching staff is raving about sophomore TE Charles McCoy. The 6’6”, 250 pound target showed glimpses last season, but figures to be a more consistent performer in 2015. “He’s gotten bigger, stronger and better,” says offensive coordinator Seth Littrell. “He’s ready for prime time.”
    - With the surprise return of Ka’Deem Carey, is there a chance senior half back Brad Williams red-shirts? Rumors suggest so. After earning 1st-team All-American honors as a sophomore in 2013, Williams has played second fiddle to Carey, rushing for only 400 yards in 2014. Sitting out this season would ensure Williams center stage next year. The talented power back is working on an advanced degree in engineering.
    - 6’7’ WR Brandon Miles, a red-shirt freshman from Portland, Texas, thanks star receiver, Kris King for his strong development during the off-season. “We worked out together everyday. No one works harder, man. He’s like a big brother to me.” With fellow wide-outs Paris Bradford and Joel Wilkerson standing tall at 6’5”, the Wildcats will be a tough cover for opposing secondaries.
    - While Tre Mayne Bondurantis the clear-cut #1 CB on the Wildcat roster, Coach Ego claims the #2 spot could be won by anyone on the roster. “There’s a lot talent in the secondary. Really, anyone of these guys could start. Whoever’s the hungriest will be my guy.”

Projected Depth Chart
    Offense
    QB
    1. Daxx Garman (Sr.)
    2. Marcus Holmes (Fr.)
    HB
    1. Ka’Deem Carey (Sr.)
    2. Derrick Moore (So.)
    3. Jared Baker (Sr.)
    3RB
    1. Ka’Deem Carey (Sr.)
    2. Jared Baker (Sr.)
    *GLB
    1. Derrick Moore (So.)
    2. Martin Hayward (Fr.)
    FB
    1. Kevin McBride (Jr.)
    2. David McCollum (Fr.)
    WR1
    1. Kris King (Sr.)
    2. Marcus White (So.)
    WR2
    1. Paris Bradford (Jr.)
    2. Joel Wilkerson (Jr.)
    WR3
    1. Joel Wilkerson (Jr.)
    TE
    1. Charles McCoy (So.)
    2. Mario Scott (Jr.)
    3. Keith Booker (Jr.)
    T
    1. Darrell Perkins (Sr.)
    2. Ross Bennett (So.)
    G
    1. Seth Wright (Jr.)
    2. Seth Jefferson (Jr.)
    C
    1. Micky Reed (So.)
    2. Jason Thompson (Jr.)
    K
    1. Aaron Baker (Jr.)
    Defense
    LE
    1. Tim Butler (Jr.)
    2. Josh Gillet (Jr.)
    RE
    1. Jeremy Jackson (Sr.)
    2. Dame Ndiaye (Sr.)
    DT
    1. Kevin Montgomery (Sr.)
    2. Chris Johnson (Jr.)
    3. Brian Alston (Fr.)
    MLB
    1.Thomas Lilly (Sr.)
    2. Everett Pettway (So.)
    3. Gerard Dickerson (Fr.)
    SLB
    1.Domonique Petties (Sr.)
    2. Hank Hobson (Sr.)
    WLB
    1. Kevin Frederick (Jr.)
    2. Terrence Bradley (So.)
    CB
    1. Tre Mayne Bondurant (Sr.)
    2. Mike Moore (Jr.)
    3. Steven Waller (Jr.)
    FS
    1.Isiah Fraser (Sr.)
    2. Steve Clark (So.)
    SS
    1.Cortez Johnson (Sr.)
    2. Jon Williams (Sr.)
    P
    1. Brent Serento (So.)
    *GLB = Goal line back

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  9. egofailure

Mission 3-Peat? So far, so good.
    Wildcats win Week 1 test vs. Buckeyes behind the legs of Carey.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

UGA-CAROLINA MATCHUP BREEDS BAD BLOOD IN ATHENS

When UGA announced the hiring of coach Bishop earlier this week coach Easy dismissed it as "another lackey they brought in for a last minute game". Boy those words came back to haunt him later. Building a 23-7 lead through 3 quarters the cocks had the ball on their own 4 when freshmam phenom Gerald Williams took a belly dive and bounced with the collapsing of the UGA defense. With only a safety between him and a96 yard touchdown Williams was unable to juke the hard hit by K. Pierce and after hitting the ground fumbled the ball. Subsequent reviews showed his butt check and elbow down, but there was no replay and UGA was able to cut the lead to 8 after finding TE J. Rome twice. After a short Carolina possesion UGA was able to take advantage of a major miscue in the Carolina secondary and was able to hit Rome again for a td to tie up the game. With under two minutes to go the Cocks went 70 yards to score the game winning touchdown. This matchup looks to be a budding rivalry that was only fueled by coach Easy's postgame comments. "The only reason it was a game was a blatant bad call, UGA played hard but this is still Gamecock's country, no matter who comes to the SEC."

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  13. bdub

bdub Walk On

Don't rest now, the Tigers are coming to town next week to make South Carolina tiger country.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

You aren't going to stand a chance. This isn't the Wac12!

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Easy, I don't think we have ever played before have we?

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Nope, and if goose can get a hall pass we can play tonight.

17. egofailure

Says the coach who is 0-2 vs. PAC-12 users!

[​IMG]

18. Goose

Goose Walk On

Give me an hour or so to recruit and I'll allow a sim for my NIU game. I lost a shot at a NT last season because I lost a sim game that I could have played the next day. If I lose this one, I'll find you ego.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Just keep scheduling them for week 1 or 2 it is your only chance.

20. egofailure

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I believe I beat one of you little leaguers en route to one of my two national championships.

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That was nice of your wife to allow you to recruit. She must have enjoyed that faux chow.

23. Goose

Goose Walk On

Hell she doesn't even know. Just don't tell my boss he might fire me. Luckily the IT guy here is too stupid to block any websites.

24. Goose

Goose Walk On

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

If you lose you should go yell at your wife ....