The settings are fucked up!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MRamirez, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

The settings are fucked up!

I just played Indiana and they totaled nearly 800 yards of offense against me.

The running back broke a total of 17 tackles.

I think the Qb broke 5 as well.

I am all for evening the playing field, but if you call proper defenses and are sound tackling you should be rewarded. This game was totally unfair in my opinion.

I never apply any sort of pressure and when I do it seems as if the QB shakes the tackler. The Indiana QB threw for nealy 400 yards and was like 27/31.

This is insane. Is it just me?

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dominated Michigan. The only points they scored were a defensive touchdown.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It seems like very recently... without any tuning changes or patches (supposedly... because they haven't been released yet... the cpu is suddently going apeshit on offense. I totally agree. On one hand we're still winning a good portion of these games and I like the challenge myself. On the other hand, 800 yards of offense... I gave up 500 yards just through the air my last game. I dunno, I don't want it any EASIER but the passing game is a little nuts at the moment. maybe they did a tuning update and not the patch, and it's totally fucked things up? I dunno. But at the same time I hesitate with mid-season changes, because say you took this loss. Rusty took a similar loss. What if I change them now and the other guys don't get their loss. Say USC then becomes easy for me. Not fair to you guys! So kind of a catch 22. I move to keep the sliders and see what the patch/tuning update brings, and then discuss slider changes starting next season.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well they have fucking Richrod calling plays dood! :mad:

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Your not alone, Oregon State of all teams pounded my face and put 62 up on me.

Its gonna happen and it should remain this way until the end of the season, then we can revisit it before season 3.

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I held Oregon State to 7 :thumbsup:

i don't think the game has patched or tuned yet so its still the same settings as before.

with that said USC went bonkers on me in the first half of our game. 17 for 20, 300 yards and 4 TD passes, but didn't do much in the second half.

i think its a momentum thing. guys get on a roll, momentum turns to their side and they turn into gods. if you're unlucky enough to have a couple of guys get hot, that's all she wrote.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

momentumis HUGE this year. Wake Forest vs Clemson yesterday. They went nuts vs the me in the 2nd quarter as the HB was braking tackles like crazy. I fumbled in the redzone and then I picked off a ball in the end 3rd quarter and everything changed.

That INT seemed to kill Clemson and then I squeaked out a 3 point victory.

This game seems out of the ordinary and a snowball effect.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

happened to me against Virginia Tech in game 1.. they went nuts running the ball one me and there was nothing i could do about it.

9. BlyGilmore

had to actually go to work so i got cut off mid-post lol.

i don't mind the halfback. he's the kind of guy that is supposed to run people over this year. the guy is a 90 overall, 225 pound halfback with five or six skills in the 90s that result in broken tackles. and precisely the guy who doesn't respect your nicely wrapped up tackles.

the qb is one of those issues we're always going to have with sliders. combined with momentum, our sliders make mediocre QBs good to great. so if you snooze and don't respect the 75 overall qb with 85 accuracy you might be surprised. keep in mind that guy is playing with probably high 80s to low 90s accuracy because of our sliders.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I hate that shitty QBs are good. That bothers me. Gives us no incentive to recruit that star QB.

11. BlyGilmore

i was talking about the computer. its not the same for us because the slider goes the other way.

dunno if any of you have played with a truly horrible (like low 80s accuracy and arm power) QB, but its flipping tough with these sliders.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Terbush is a 79 Ovr with 86 and 87 Throwing ratings and will probably have the most passing yards for a season. That shouldn't happen IMO. I would expect 4000+ yard with a guy who has 90+ THP and 90+ THA.

My guy is pretty erratic but who knows. I dont know what I want.

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah but that's because HotRod is more talented than you hoes :D.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

you need a time out
    [​IMG]

15. BlyGilmore

to me that's just part of having humans involved in the whole thing. you'll always have outliers when balancing these things because no matter how sim you get, the skill of a guy with the joystick matters.

that's why you need to balance all of us collectively. not nerf the shit out of running because Wisconsin has the perfect storm of running, or because HR can get production from a sub-par QB.

i think part of what makes this league interesting is we're all good players, but in very different ways. singled out the sliders might not be sufficient in certain areas for some of us, but collectively they're pretty close (except interceptions are too high ;-)

(this is why i don't like sliders to begin with. there's no such thing as perfect sliders - people either settle on sliders they know aren't perfect or they talk themselves into believing their sliders are the bees knees).

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

very true Bly....

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

ahhhh...how cute

I like the sliders....sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.

18. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I was on the Indiana 4 yard line with 30 seconds to go (to tie) and I was afraid to score early because I figure they would get into position for a field goal. I ended up with no timeouts and 17 seconds on 3rd down. I threw on 3rd down and ran on 4th and they stopped me at the 1 yard line.

On the last play of the game I gang tackle the Indiana running back only to see him shake off 5 Illini defenders and proceeds to take it to the house 99 yards. I lose by 14.

It is true that some games against the computer differ from others.

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fucking Brutal. yeah when the CPU is backed up on their goal line and they run I have been burnt myself.

Last night the CPU was burning the clock before have time and the HB broke like 4 tackles and ran for a 63 yard TD after my squib kick. My defense sucks though.