The Sim Rule

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Baron, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

As we're getting into the very heart of the playoff race now, I think we should revisit the issue of if one party can't play, it's an automatic sim.

I just think that the notion of having someone lose a potentially crucial, even season defining, game because of a sim because one party (for perfectly legitimate reasons) can't make it. To me that'd be infuriating.

And once we get into the playoffs themselves? I might not be able to make a wildcard game on Monday because of work. Should that be simmed? I can't imagine being my opponent for that and then having that sim boot me from the playoffs.

Am I alone in thinking this? If so, feel free to smack me down. If not... I think we need to discuss it more.

2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

In all seriousness, as far as the regular season is concerned?...Entirely up to Shaun. I will have to sim week 17 and may risk a perfect season, but that's not a back breaker by any stretch. For the playoffs? I believe the rule should be amended.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

What about a week 16 or 17 game that is basically a playoff game: Win and you're in, lose and sit at home sobbing over a tub of cookie dough ice cream like Cheez after his latest rejection.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Playoffs should be different

6. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    There are 31 other people impacted by scheduling etc. If I were to lose a playoff spot to a summed game so what 1.) it's a video game we all should HAve biggEr priorities. 2.) this isn't life or death or for money

I don't thin the flow of the league should be static for one persons needs that's just retarded.

My 2 cents

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    There is almost no reason people can't hook up. If you are in the playoffs, assume you may need to sacrifice an hour of sleep or something for the good of everyone.

I've been monitoring simmed games since I changed the rule, and there simply aren't very many.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, its just a game but its kind of disappointing to spend all this time playing it and lose out on a playoff spot because your opponent can't play. Its like reading a good book and losing it before you can read the final chapter.

9. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I donts dos da reading no books I watches te tvs and da interwebs

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Note, I'm not supporting that the rule be amended I'm just saying these situations suck, lol.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I think if someone can't make it (out of town mostly) for either of the two days in regular season the other user should be allowed to play the CPU.

Playoffs there shouldn't ever be sims.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bawvu97

Featured Threads:

Perhaps i screwed up but while MoonBBad was getting his buying his wife, i played for the foreskins (CPU)

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea, no one is supposed to be playing the CPU without my approval.

14. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Sorry Shaun won't happen again

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I Peench

If you can test and show me that the sim engine doesn't respect depth charts, I will turn off injuries for this week only if you have to take a sim against MartyWebb.

16. I Peench

Fair enough, I'll look into it. If it doesn't have any impact, I don't want to play anyways. CPU games are :doodie:

• Like Like x 2