The slot post route is unstoppable

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by JDBattleMC, Jul 16, 2010.

1. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

The slot post route is unstoppable

Just played Arkansas online, he threw to his post every single time. It was unstoppable. I conceded after going down 56-35. (He was onside kicking it every time, you know the type).

I tried literally everything, I tried every single D (He was throwing is a LOT), and nothing came close to stopping him. I tried doubling the slot receiver (Like a cheeser he had stuck his impact player there), and there was nothing that could be done.

Now this isnt a post to be like "How can I stop this?" because the answer for ME isnt only play people on my list, that's not convenient, and I dont want to have to go through EAs horrible system.

The point is: In your dynasty, be VERY careful about the slot post route. It's 100% unstoppable, and it can be tempting to go to a route that works every time. I will no longer be going to my slot post route player, I just wouldn't feel right knowing that it can't be stopped. (I have tested it myself, no one can stop me either. It's just a pure $$ play no matter what).

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Arkansas v. who?

3. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I was playing controllerabuser the other night and he'd have me in 3rd and long and I hit it big a few times for huge gains. After the 2nd or 3rd time, I got to thinking, "we may have a problem here!"

I know he sold out on the blitz once or twice, but my slot WR also seemed really open too.

I've been wondering if anyone else had caught on to this.

4. JDBattleMC

Arkansas v. Boise State.

5. KnightNoles

that is probably why...

nickel and dime CBs are probably not that good. He just kept hitting the right mismatch.

Dime Cover 1 play as the MLB and take away the middle of the field.

6. JDBattleMC

Did that. I covered the WR as man, I doubled him, I doubled the receiver and triple covered him manually. If you'd like to try this out, I will be Army and you can be Alabama, and I will show you that the route is broken.

7. KnightNoles

lets do it

360 or PS?

8. JDBattleMC

PS3, PSN name is SayH1ToYourMom.

9. JDBattleMC

Your line is just ABUSING the Black Knights. Makes Uncle Sam SAD.

10. KnightNoles

Also you use:

TRIANGLE down on LEFT STICK = Press and then
    TRIANGLE down on DPAD then this does something else also, I saw it in tips

11. JDBattleMC

I pressed. I realize now that Army v. Bama is a bad example because as you saw in my 8 attempts, I was under pressure 8/8 times, for zero completions. However, had that guy not been rated 63, I would have been 2/8 against a MUCH better secondary than BSUs (Though BSUs isnt BAD. I have done OK vs the cheese teams that people use online)

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You can obviously try to cover it manually.

Just because you can figure something out doesn't mean its "cheese."

Lesson: Ask for help/practice different schemes before hastily calling something unstoppable or cheese.

I would run nickle cover 1 robber. At least in Madden, it would take stuff like that away as the "robber" would jump the post route.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Stop playing cheesers online. Problem solved

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yep, this pretty much sums it up. It's hard to know who sucks at life and who plays the game legit though.

There should be a cheeser rating. Someone call up EA and get on it!

15. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

:D HAHAHAHA - Cheeser Rating A- :D:D:D:D:D:D:D DOH...stay away

16. Nashvillain15

Nashvillain15 Walk On

I see his point though. Even if it is stoppable, when its 3rd and 15 that makes getting it a lot easier if it is that hard to stop. So in the different dynasties there may need to be a rule about abusing the slot post. That is if it is really broken. I am able to dominate the computer using it though :-P

17. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Stop playing random dumbasses online and stop playing with shitty sliders and you won't have that problem.

I'm playing with some pretty damn good AA sliders that don't leave the post route open all the time. Hell, sometimes, you're lucky to have the time for the route to even open up.

Be a man and play with good sliders and you won't have that problem. The CPU can be challenging if you're willing to do the work to make it challenging.

18. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol half the time I'm just happy to be ablr to see if I even have a reciever open. My online gets demolished a lot. So if I even have time to look up I'm happy

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I guarantee nobody throws a slot post on me EVERY SINGLE play.

Just DE contain the QB, Cover the slant with your safety and shade the WR on the other side.

20. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I did quite a bit of testing with this earlier today...

The route opens up against zone really early, or really late.

For the latter, your pass rush should have gotten to them by then.

For the first, you can avoid this by doing man coverages.

Your defense may have been too slow or something... but when I've tried this it's wide open against zone, and it doesn't open up til late against man

Actually, unless you have a fairly athletic middle linebacker, it might be tough to stop the post in the middle.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I found another "unstoppable" play and it has happened to me with randoms and during the TF tournement. Most people run it from Trips Bunch formation and if I'm correct I think the "middle" guy runs a deep crossing/drag route and it opens up against man or zone on the right side of the field. Don't know the name of the play but if you go into the Eagles' playbook in Madden '10 the route is similar to the slot route in a play called a Philly Cross. Thankfully the TF users don't use it much (2-3 times the max and I'm not sure if the person knew it or not) but when its ran its an automatic first down.

The locomotion makes the defender lose ground on his cut (not sure why since its not that sharp) and normally your 3rd or 4th best corner is on him so the WR probably has a speed advantage and gets seperation 9/10 times. The only way to stop it is to hope you get pressure on the QB.

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this goes in coach's office....

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Someone already moved it bossman;)

24. KnightNoles

Do I need to debunk this jerz? lol

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your probably the only one who could stop this. You and your magical corners, lol.

Technically you could stop this route but you would leave something else open for that zone to work. I'm currently in the lab working on something, then again it may have been my corners but I first ran into that play vs. a Cheeser online. He ran it alot.