The Slowness

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, it's probably time to address it. Here goes:

Yes, we're slowing down. Yes, I am completely fine with that. Soon, we'll be discussing a new game, and new teams, and all the fun sh&* that comes along with it. The tourney is happening (which, by the way, pretty much dominates my whole world for a few weeks) and things are becoming a bit of a chore.

Please know that this is OK, and no one is going to get booted (save one guy who already did, but that was a different issue). Try to keep a presence here and stay as active as you can, especially when we start ramping up again for the next go-round.

I'm not going to get gung-ho. I am not going to break balls. At our worst, we are still more active than pretty much everyone, so just because we're not lighting up the boards like we used to, that doesn't mean anyone is passing us - they're all pretty far back.

My goal is to keep each and every one of you. Help me do that by posting as much as you are able, and getting with me before any decisions about staying or going are made. I'll do everything I can to accommodate everyone.

You guys are a great group. Let's start next year just as we are. Agree?

Go Bucks,

AG

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

No problem with the slowdown. We got a great group going around here, hopefully we can keep everyone together in the future.

3. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I agree- lets keep it going! It is tough to keep up both pace & activity at this point in the year, but hopefully we can at least maintain close to the same pace-

4. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I hope you all slow down on your blogs so the SEC folks can win that too, along with everything else the SEC wins. :)

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I apologize for my conference mates absurdity...he is still recovering from the cruise he went on this weekend. [​IMG]

6. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

It's awesome having a shipmate who wears the same size clothes as me. Double wardrobe!! *Snap* *Snap*
    [​IMG]

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Now that's funny right there.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

So Eyeke is on the right and Easy is on the left? Or is Eyeke in the hat? ;) lol

9. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Haha good pic

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Sounds good, steady as she goes!

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just an FYI - Easy's at a coaching clinic out of town, but I think he's coming back today, so we should play soon.

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am at alabama...if we play it has to be about 130 tonight...i can go any time tommorow other than church

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Tomorrow is fine. Now that my Buckeyes are out, I'm not as freakishly devoted to the tourney as I was before. Sad day.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

At least Sullinger says he is coming back next year.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just an FYI - but my new gig has me traveling quite a bit this quarter, and I'm coming home after 10pm on many nights. I have internet access, but I try to stay away from anything that doesn't involve my students or my classes. I'm pushing hard for a full-time gig, so I gotta be flawless. Still, I have plenty of time to stay active here - it just might be more of a middle of the night thing, whereas before, I could hop on pretty much any time.

I don't have any more user games, at least not until bowl time, so it shouldn't hold us up at all. I'm just not quite as chatty these days.

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll be getting my game in tonight. Good luck on getting full-time soon.

17. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I put myself on auto for this week. Our travel agent messed up so we had to drive out to st. louis early yesterday morning to fly out to new orleans (ended up being a 17 hour travel day because our flight was delayed 5 hours) sorry for the inconvenience. I'll be back Sunday