The Soap Box - TLY general banter

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by BlyGilmore, Jul 5, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Saw this in another league and think its a great idea.

This thread is for general discussion among members of The Longest Yard that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Madden, but helps foster a better sense of community and friendship among members.

Think of it as our after-hours night club where you can hang out and unwind after a tough game of fooball.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I'll start by whoring out my other league. if anybody is interested, i'll be doing a rookie, player-only CCM at launch. it's intended to be a more casual and social league than the coach CCMs like TYL. But it should be fun to be competing on two levels - championships but also prestige at your position.

More info here:
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/superstar-only-ccm-league.78700/

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I'd rather discuss the latest episode of Teen Mom, Farrah is such a beech!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Teen Mom, I hope your joking, but if not please schedule me the Raiders, should be an easy win ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Great show

6. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

So, uh, anyone see The Amazing Spiderman? I wanna know if I'm the only one who thinks it's better than the previous 3.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I saw Spiderman Tuesday and in my opinion, is not better than Spiderman 1 or 2. You really cant compare this Spiderman with Spiderman 3 because Spiderman 3 was just a stupid movie, so The Amazing Spiderman is better than at least Spiderman 3 by default.

Same story, different take, Facebook Peter Parker is different than Tobey Peter Parker and not in a good way, IMO. But Emma Stone > Kristen Douche.

8. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I actually disagree. Andrew Garfield IMO is a better Peter Parker than Tobey. He was much more awkward and kind of a rebel, which felt right. Plus Spiderman as a whole in this movie had much more swagger and was "cooler" than the other ones.

You know Emma Stone played a different character than Dunst right? Gwen Stacy came before MJ. And when Peter told Gwen he was Spiderman, that was one of the coolest freaking things I've seen in a superhero movie.

But overall I think Garfield is a much better Spidey than Tobey was. The only thing though is that the Lizard parts, and the movie in general, didn't seem as action-packed. There were some good and cool moments, and I liked the fact that Spiderman couldn't overpower the Lizard, but it just seemed like the action was a tad bit toned down. There were a lot of funny moments that had the entire theater laughing though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I HIGHLY recommend this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704573/

saw this last night, outstanding. Its no summer blockbuster, but was a very satisfying movie-going experience.

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I thought Tobey played the part of Peter Parker very well, highschool student, loner, quite shy, insecure, etc etc. and Raimi took it to another level by making the character always be down on his luck and getting picked on. Fits what most people think of Peter Parker to, especially those that followed Spiderman.

Garfield pretty much played a hipster version of Peter Parker and all the way to having headphones and tight pants. I thought his portrayal of who who Peter Parker was much different from what we know of Peter Parker, especially when he stood up to Flash...Peter Parker shouldn't have swagger and isnt a rebel, he should be #1 in the science fair and the guy who people copy homework from. We all knew those people in school...Perhaps another take on Peter Parker by Webb, but it just didn't look right on screen to me.

I know Stone played a different character than Dunst, doesnt mean i cant say Stone > Dunsts or Douche. :p

The story seemed disconnected, rushed somewhat, and i couldnt take Peter Parker crying every minute, wearing a backpack, and talking on a cell phone in his suit. Cant take this version seriously.

Where i was at, the audience had a few chuckling scenes, but no outbursts.

Batman revealing to Rachel in Batman Begins > Spiderman reveal

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

12. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Eh, to each his own, I guess. ;) Also, Spiderman has always been flashy, so to speak. that's what I mean't by that. And as far as him being a rebel, I just meant him at home, for the most part. Struggling with his parents not being there and emotions and stuff. Either way, they got down the key stuff - anti-social, unpopular, awkward around women (the part when he wanted to ask Gwen out was funny), you know?

I think Amazing Spiderman tells a better story, especially with how Peter struggles to deal with being himself and becoming/being Spiderman. It was more emotion than the first 2 Spiderman's but I think that was a good thing with the story that was being told. I do expect there to be more action in the sequel though, especially depending on the new villain.

13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I just hope if they decide to go with Venom as the villain at some point, they do it right. Venom in Spiderman 3 was just a debacle.

With that said, my money is on Green Goblin paired up with another Villain.

14. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I wouldn't mind seeing Carnage but given Carnage's past, I don't think they'd go in that direction. Plus they'd have to go the Venom route as well first.

I think they'd have Green Goblin as a main villain, but I wouldn't mind seeing Vulture, Shocker, Rhino, Kingpin, and Doctor Octopus.

Just a question, do you think Amazing Spiderman was bad? Or do you just think Spiderman 1 and 2 were better?

15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Bad ? No, I think mediocre at best. I definitely think 1 and 2 were better.

16. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Anyone who watches Teen Mom should be penalized their first round draft pick the next two years.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I don't know anything about this show but this comment is classic!

18. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

The only redeeming quality reality tv has is my wife loves it and knows how much I despise it. She watches these shows in the bedroom which allows me to get my gaming in.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Any BGC fans in here? Anyone? Anyone?... Anyone?...

[​IMG]

20. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Is is possible that kidofcrash23 is your wife trying to crash this league? I can see it now: She turns on Teen Mom, you go in the other room to play madden. After a while she gets upset and thinks: "He's not going to get away from Teen Mom and other reality TV shows with the wife that easily!" "I got it! I'm going to secretly join his madden league and bring up Teen Mom on the message boards."​

21. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

There, fixed it for you

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  22. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Teen Mom > 16 & Prego.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

First, i do not have a wife, i heard they are bad for you. I do have a girlfriend and we watch it together so your scenario does not exist. (y)

24. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Best looking Teen mom? I'd pick Farrah :D

25. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Truth, she also just got a boob job so her tits are huge! But she is a total bitch and the more i see her do this, i like her less.

[​IMG]