The State of the Abbey Address

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pro, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Pro

Pro Walk On

As many of you already know, I have agreed to take over day to day operation of the Abbey. I'd like to think Hokie for running it for as long as he as, but its became apparent that it became too much of a burden for him to keep both this and the Cathedral open.

I'd like to announce at this time my cabinet of advisers. My co-comish will be Goose and I'll be also counting on Mormon for help too. Mullen and Hokie, no slight intended to the two of you, but I feel it would be better if your sole focus is running the Cathedral.

What is my vision for the Abbey? I want the Abbey to be a supplemental league to the Cathedral. This is why it was created in the first place, to give us the means to be our favorite teams. I don't want the Abbey to become bigger than the Cathedral.

What can you expect from me as Comish? Activity. I am fully committed to having this league be as active as it can be. We will be advancing on the same two days every week, NO MATTER WHAT. I understand we all have lives, but it's unfair to have the majority held up by the minority.

What do I expect from you? Commitment. We all know what is required of us when we join a league. We need to be active users in order to make it interesting and enjoyable. This is why this place is so great. We all get along and have good humorous banter with each other. I want to see this for the Abbey as well. Just keep doing what you guys are doing.

I want to know who I have committed. So please reply to this post if you plan on being ACTIVE in the Abbey. I will be doing a secondary version of Pro's Take specific to the Abbey. You guys don't have to do the highlight uploading, just post a brief summary of your game in the advance thread.

I look forward to working with all of you to ensure that the Abbey gets back on track. We will be starting fresh tomorrow if not then for sure Friday. You are all welcome to pick new teams if you want. Records will be reset and it will be like Year 1.

2. Pro

Pro Walk On

Here's who I have right now and their respected teams. Please state if you intend to change.

Hokie- Va Tech

Mormon- BYU

Bulldog- Mississippi State

Weave- Virginia

Goose- Ohio State

Bonner- That shithole up north.

Mullen was Penn State, but I think he is going to be Oregon.

I am currently Wisconsin, but will probably change.

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Penn State...lol

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Pro you can have the Buckeyes if you'd like. I think I might move west to keep playing Matty.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vatechhokie01

setting up Abbey now. are we using team coaches or creating our own coaches? i say team coaches, but I've also been chewed out for my ideas multiple times today.

6. vatechhokie01

also:
    -since we are simming/recruiting, redshirt who is actually redshirting. don't be trying to get guys that played an extra year!
    -and are we going to use same current sliders as in Abbey? I like them. tough but playable. thoughts?
    -any changes... i will try and setup conf alignment to represent new info

7. vatechhokie01

invites sent. pro, when you get signed up ill transfer over.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

ducks are ready to go

9. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I am not too happy with my alma mater at the moment, so I am taking a local school and going to run with the Longhorns. Hook'em Horns!

10. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I am up for suggestions on who to be, as i did enjoy that shit hole from the north but would not mind a change.

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

Stay that shithole, Pro will take The Ohio State and you'll still have a user game every year. Plus the PAC 12 and B1G champs meet in the Rose Bowl.

12. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Or take OU and we can meet annually in the Red River Shootout!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goose

Goose Walk On

The Sun Devils are checked in and ready.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pro

Pro Walk On

Once I get home from work at 4, we'll be moving forward.

15. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Are we going to start playing or sim the fist season? I personally have no prblem playing as I switched teams and I wont be playing the same games.

16. vatechhokie01

sim but recruit

17. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

How often are we advancing then? I really cant recruit during the day except on weekends. I am ok with that as I setup my board and set the CPU to assist with the rest.

18. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I would like to get back to playing ASAP

19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I will get mine set up this evening.

20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I had to laugh, I only had 12 scholarships available, so I just put in top school recruits. All 5 or 4 stars had me at one....were not in maryland anymore

21. vatechhokie01

yea i think reality is that we probably need to establish sim/recruit advance schedule (quick advances)and then all need to set our recruit assists to "on" and just do your best to recruit, knowing it won't be perfect and you'll get simmed.

I'm actually alright for, after doing preseason and setting up boards and turning assists on, just simming to next offseason... up to ya'll.

22. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I am thinking of going with a big school to keep up with you guys. Maybe Florida or LSU. Any other ideas?

23. Goose

Goose Walk On

LSU or Bama.

If you go LSU you get to play Matty week 1.

24. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I need someone in the Big 12

25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

did sandusky really need to be wearing a Penn State when he was arrested again...ugh