The State of the Cathedral Address - August 27, 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 28, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

First of all, I'd like to start out by saying Gmorg is a sexy man and that the YMCA is maybe the lamest job one could hold.

Fellas, we are rocking. Seriously, I can't say enough about our start and how great this group of guys has been. Commishing can still be a pain here and there, but I've never remotely had this few personality or gameplay issues to deal with. Thank you. Keep it up. This family is working. Know that.

As we move forward, I did want to be a realist. And this is what I see as the reality: I'll put money on it that every single one of you is blown away by Madden. The story and immersion it offers simply pawns NCAA. We are going to love it and we are going to love loving it.

But with this comes a new and quite huge challenge: keeping two leagues moving quickly and with full involvement. To this end, please seriously contemplate what is before us. With Madden, you will get a 16 week season with a 4 week preseason and the playoffs. In this, and during one single season of Madden, you will get a minimum of 6 user games and possibly as high as 8 or 9 with preseason and playoffs considered. Add to this a weekly practice session (basically 1.5 quarters of football on average) and an entire scouting element (think recruiting basically), progressing your players, scouring the trade world (I must have spent 2hrs just messing with trades one week), renegotiating players, and staying involved on these boards, and things become real... real quick.

I don't say this to scare you, cuz you are gonna love it. But I do say this to prepare you and to let you know a few things:

1) The majority are really wanting, have the time, and are committed to do 2 leagues right now, moving very quickly
    2) The 72hr advance schedule is hard set and we are not going to be negotiating this. With the large requirements and number of games, you will have to take some sims, miss some stuff (recruiting, scouting, practicing, etc) and be ok with it.
    3) We will be much more intimate (user games) and called to an even greater commitment of serving one another well, ridding ourselves of bad attitudes, and taking losses like champions. I simply can't say how well you've done this thus far. Keep going!

So, in closing and bracing for Madden's pending arrival (and excitment... trust me), take a look, consider your schedule, and let me know if you are in fact committed to both games full tilt. It is quite alright if you can at this time only handle one. And please, when considering this, think about the league and the majority even more than yourself.

I do not want to be the bad guy but I simply want to get it out on the table: if you can't handle the load, I will take it upon myself to remove you from one or both of the leagues, not out of punishment... but for the league's sake.

And remember: I will ALWAYS remove you if you start neglecting your wife, your kids, your church, your school or your job. Get the priorities right.

Love this place. Madden is gonna be so dang fun!!!!

FINAL NOTE: It is my plan to take the next 24hrs (Tuesday all day) to give you to simply explore Madden, think about league setup, make sure you are good with your teams, run a sim season to see what it looks like, etc. Please head to the Official Madden discussion thread to discuss setup, gameplay, your little woodies over the game, and then know... we will be starting very quickly. Too exciting not to.

Peace
    Heath

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. vatechhokie01

I'm opening this thread up to talk about commitment.

It looks like Plague will be dropping from NCAA and playing Madden only. With a pregnant wife, increased (better!) work load/schedule, and other commitments, he wants to make sure he serves the league well.

We will miss Plague in NCAA but I appreciate his honesty and looking out for both his family and the league here.

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Thanks for the kind words Heath.

I'm a little upset that I had to leave NCAA and the powerhouse of UMass but with my wife getting more and more anxious (especially with baby getting close) there is no way I can go 2 out of 3 nights sitting in front of the tv for an hour or two. Ill get kicked out lol!
    So I'm choosing the game that is a better game which seems to be Madden from what I hear. And sticking to just one league. Good luck on your dynasty game fellas and ill see you in the professional ranks.

Viva La UMass!

• Like Like x 2
  4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

If I was at UMASS I would also find any excuse to get the hell out of dodge ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

From UMass to the Vikings. Lateral move if you ask me.

• Like Like x 3
  6. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

^^^Angered that I did not think of that!

7. vatechhokie01

amazing, lol

8. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Hey Plague glad you are putting things in perspective and will be cool to hopefully to play you in the Madden League. I am bummed out you won't be in the dynasty NCAA league and especially with my move to the MAC I was looking forward to establishing a rivalry with you in the MAC.

Anyhow best of luck with the job and the baby on the way for sure. This is definitely a juggling act for sure with Madden and NCAA at the same time. But I told Heath when I first signed on that I was committed to both leagues. Even if the wife didn't like you guys. Seriously keeps me busy during the days instead of pissing money away gambling and playing poker.

Take care guys I got a busy day tomorrow with the game against Florida and practice with Madden. Off to work to go..

• Like Like x 2
  9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

my post deserves an extra 4 star recruit, imo.

10. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

You already got one year one. Now that deserved bigger sanctions :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Luke

Luke Walk On

Ha ha

You guys are funny

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  12. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

If you noticed that I didn't like your post weave

• Like Like x 1
  13. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Man I've been there man I totally respect you for doing it though!!!

Can I get Kerry Washington back????

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

Don't worry Ian, all of our wives hate all of us in the family.

15. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Maybe they should start there own group? Get together online and discuss why they hate this group and all of you.:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pro

Pro Walk On

But Plague.......

• Like Like x 3
  17. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

suprised it took this long to get a Michael Bolton song in here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Goose

Goose Walk On

That's because half these kids have no idea who Michael Bolton is.

19. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I wish I didnt know who he was.

• Like Like x 1
  20. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

21. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

• Like Like x 4
  22. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

23. vatechhokie01

lmao

24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

You have to know where you come from...Half of these kids may have been made to a Michael Bolton song???

• Like Like x 2
  25. vatechhokie01

whats hilarious is dude can see, can he not?