The State of the Cathedral Address - August 4th, 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 5, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Jul 17, 2010

You are all doing awesome and I view our first season as a huge success. Personally, I can say that I'm not sure I've enjoyed a level of difficulty or set of sliders (being a small school) as much as I did last year (they do need to be a little tougher!). You guys have all been quite interested and involved and I appreciate that.

As we continue on, know that there have been and will be hiccups (as EA sucks) such as the scheduling debacle that just happened. But let's be honest: all is minor compared to the crap we dealt with last year and so we continue on.

I appreciate you guys in the past and so for the future would ask you to continue committing to care about the league and each other more than yourselves. Be proactive in letting others know your schedules and when guys will just have to wait. Get better at communicating for the league's sake. Come up with some content or at least some interesting info and/or analyses from time to time. Give, don't just take. Lose well. Enter in to banter and share grief over EA's crap together, but make sure that the banter and the grief-sharing is just that: together and not directed. Assume the best. Know that this league really is about as good as its gonna get with regards to good dudes, fair football, and fun times.

Thanks and let's do this.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 5