The Streak is on the Line TTI:#1 Purdue @ #6 UCLA 06/09 7:30 EST

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jfosh, Jun 9, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

The Streak is on the Line TTI:#1 Purdue @ #6 UCLA 06/09 7:30 EST

The Streak is on the Line

In what is sure to be a good one. You can say that when the #1 team in the country is on the sticks (also #1 team in traditon history). We are tracking Helli's wins by seasons now instead of games. Purdue has put together 2 perfect seasons in a row and they sport the "Rings" to prove it. If you want to use games as the number its 32 wins in a row with the last loss @ Michigan 40-31 on October 19 of 2013.

UCLA the perennial paper tiger has no excuse not to break the streak. The offense is rated 99 even with the graduation of HB Emmanual Nicholas. UCLA is loaded with speedy wideouts, a mature line, and a QB that can deliver the long ball. The defense has retooled this season after graduating 7 starters from last years A+ rated squad. Despite only returning 4 starters the Bruins Defense is still solid and rated an A.

The Bruins first met the Boilermakers in the Sugar Bowl in 2013 and again in 2014 @ West Lafayette. Both games ended in Purdue wins that are part of the schools current winning streak.

Although the game is @ UCLA and they have the advantage on paper I dont think you can say Purdue is the underdog. Purdue just executes game in and game out. Purdue is stingy, they don't like to share the ball with the other team either through TOP or turnovers. Like all good teams Purdue also has a knack for winning the close ones.

On their championship march last season they came from behind to beat ASU 33-31 with the final field goal as time expired, they were down against Penn St by 14 with 4:00 minutes left in the 4th qtr before pulling out a thrilling OT win 44-41, and they outlasted Oklahoma St in dual that saw 38 points in the final quarter before Purdue kicked the game winning field goal with no time on the clock for the 38-35 win.

7:30 EST 6/09/09 www.justin.tv/jfosh

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I will most likely be there..

I'm not picking sides or anything, but..I'm picking sides..

I always go for the underdog. good luck bruins

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Another devasting loss for UCLA.......you'll have to wait till 2010

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I'm still pissed I lost that game, had that mfer on the ropes....one horrible pass and my starting QB going down for the season killed me

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

LMAO will I be following Ryno out the door?

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Cmon Fosh step and prove to the league you deserve a title shot!!!!

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Great preview Fosh. I no longer go into games thinking that I'm undermanned - even in this case. My team isn't highly rated but I like my players at most positions. Your team is pretty awesome though, Grevious is going to be tough to stop. He sounds like an evil star-wars character.

That's funny that you thought you had me on the ropes. And I don't mean that sarcastically, i just never thought that game was getting away from me at all. I guess it's becasue of all the close games that we've been involved in, just never panicking. In the PSU game last year I was cussing up a storm to where my wife came in and closed the door. Against OU I didn't make a peep.

But yeah you guys had serious injury problems during/after that game.... :)

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I picture this in my head it just makes laugh out loud!!!! Its amazing what someone 3000 miles away can do to a person!!

9. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I don't throw that INT that you scored on, different ballgame....you was up 21-7 and I came back to tie it at 21-21, and 28-28.....I let you off the hook

10. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Should Purdue be the #1 team in Tradition I history.... Lawdog's Illnois team won 4 straight BCS titles in the Tradition II.... i am not certain what his win streak was, but i would say it had to be close to 50 games.....

11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Gonna have to give the nod to Hellisan...not only did he transform a shit team, he didn't just rely on a bunch of 99 speed players....just a great combination of smart recruiting and play calling....plus he has to deal with OSU, Michigan and Penn State every year......pretty impressive

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah nobody means anything negative about T2, Lawdog, or Ryno, with these comments. (y) And if I won 4 titles in a row I'd find a diff. league that would have to ruin it for the other guys lol

Hey Rhude:

We are who you thought we were! And you LETUSOFFTHEHOOK!

13. JrRawlins

no taking anything away from your accomplishment, it is an impressive feat.....

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Last year and this year he only has to Deal with PSU.........

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I thought two years ago was my best team because I actually did have to go through Juggs (always extremely tough on me) Michigan, and PSU just to get to Mo in the title game, who had crushed me the only time I'd played him.

This year and last year, the only team I had to beat in the regular season was Penn State. Who honestly give me just as much or more trouble than the other two teams but still, going through 1 is easier than going through 3. Last year I still had to beat Bruce in the title game who is obviously crushing everybody he plays with maybe Purdue/Penn St. as the only exception. But still... Not having to beat Bruce and Juggs in the regular season took a little of the luster off for me.

Rawlins: I definitely didn't take any offense, I'm not buying any of the hype that Fosh is trying to slather on us... hah. I have pondered Lawdog and his 99/99/99 teams with both Illinois and Ole Miss and the constant friendly hints at his game genie he uses for recruiting and all I can say is, we're nothing alike. I'm not sure God himself could get the #1 class with Purdue. Of course, I wouldn't think you could do it with Illinois either. :D

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    thing is...they both play a similar style...UCLA and Purdue don't take many chances and move the ball methodically down the field.

UCLA has the personnel and I think UCLA wins because of the change at QB for Purdue...plus the amount of speed for UCLA will be hard to overcome for Purdue.

17. JrRawlins

yeah some of Lawdog's recruiting classes were downright ridculous.... his backups would start for 90 percent of the teams in any tradition franchise, seriously his 2012 team i saw in the BCS title game was f'n nuts.....

18. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

blah, blah, blah....just accept yo props and keep it moving mofo (y)

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hahahaha. I'm not trying to skip the Big 12 I know my Big Ten brethren don't give it much respect but I do, you and Ryno and Steelah give me a helluva time I'm glad I don't play Ryno this year. I definitely wormed my way off the hook against ya... hahaha

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

PS Rhude, no idea what Riverdick means, it's something that the Texans/Oklahomans on the board thought was hilarious.

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am in the dark about Magneto balls too.......:confused:

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha - now that one has a more straight-forward meaning! (y)

23. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I grow weary of all the Purdue is great BS. I have a 4-4 record against Mr. Wonderful. I refuse to bow down to Purdue like the rest of you lemmings.

Yea he beat me in the title game last season BFD. I had too much crap on my shoes to overcome with injuries and other (insert Ryno rant here) garbage in that game that I wanted to smash stuff.

Sorry I had to rain on this parade a little bit.

Helli is a very good game planner and adjusts well on the fly. The games against users are about as different as it gets and I like that.

As far as the T2 guys go no disrespect here but I have played both and IMO most any T1 owner could take a team like that and dominate. The teams a few guys in that league have are insane and better then anything I have seen in T1. In fact we are in season 7 now and I have yet to see a team 99 overall. I cant explain it but his team is stacked top to bottem with A+ talent.

Winning and good recruiting strategy for sure. Props to OML for doing it. But I cant say I see it the same as I do for Helli.

I gave Illinois all they wanted with a 78 overall Arizona team, the speed and overall player difference on both sides of the ball was alarming. Not saying T2 guys can’t play the game well because OML's /Jr's records speaks for themselves...But I am one that has played in both leagues.

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Maybe a little T1/T2 Final Tourney needs to be thrown out there.

Take top 8 players in each tradition and throw them in a tourney

Seeds
    1 Hellisan
    2 OMLawdog
    3 Bruce
    4 JrRawlins

Allow only certain teams to be chosen like only from the top 10.

25. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

There were guys in the T2 that hammered me too, Sandman got me once and Drifter hammered me in the Rose Bowl when I was unbeaten.

I guess its just like T1 matchups and play style make a game.

I am all for a tourney when the new game hits.