The Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sabo, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Hey Archie and other buckeye fans,
    All signs are pointing to a Ohio State vs. Arkansas Sugar Bowl this year. Kind of wondering your thoughts and any projections you may have ......

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Arkansas is pretty much the team I didn't want. Good QB, good receivers, and an injury filled OSU secondary - it's a tough game for us. That being said, the Bucks always come into these games undervalued, especially against the SEC. Look for the Buckeyes to give Arkansas more trouble than they have had all year (in fact, look for this year's Big Ten to perform like last year's - when no one thought much of them coming in, but they were a few plays from running the table) and look for everyone to pick Arkansas ... and then put your money on the Bucks, to cover at least, and probably to win. They'll be underdogs, though.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

It should be a great game. At the first of the year I would have worried about us being a one dimensional team but weve became dual threat with the introduction of our running game. I havent watched much OSU football this year but i do know you guys got a great qb and powerful offense. I dont know much about the defense you guys bring to the table. I dont see Ohio State throwing anything at the Hogs that they havent already seen this year so im gonna predict a 35-21 victory for Arkansas.

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I feel pretty bad for Boise State. They go from one game away from playing in a BCS bowl to dropping all the way down to the MAACO Bowl. This is a minor bowl game played on December 22nd. Wow. Boise State has one of the top 10 (if not top 5) teams in the nation and they play in the MAACO Bowl while a crappy team like Florida or Penn State (sorry Penn State isn't very good this year) get to play in a Jan 1 bowl game.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Its actually one of the more compelling bowl games this year. Not just because I am a Utah fan but 2 legit top 20 teams, Boise St moving to the MWC and Utah leaving the MWC for the Pac 12. Only problem is Utah QB Jordan Wynn is out with a shoulder injury so hopefully our backup can step up.