The Sun Belt Conference Blog

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by capp34, Jul 24, 2012.

1. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Psss, just like my defense, lemme kno if u need a hand bro

3. capp34

Introducing the Head Coaches
    fordtuff504 Takes his coaching talents to Monroe, Louisiana coach the Warhawks
    [​IMG]

bamagrad Takes his coaching talents to Miami, FL to coach the Panthers
    [​IMG]

tbishop82 Takes his coaching talents to Murfreesboro, Tennessee to coach the Blue Raiders
    [​IMG]

Capp34 Takes his coaching talents to Bowling Green, Kentucky to coach the Hilltoppers
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Week 1 Players of the Week
    week1.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  5. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Week 2 SUNBELT players of the week
    week2.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  6. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

SUNBELT CONFERENCE STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 2
    sunbeltweek2.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  7. capp34

Week 3 Conference Showdown Highlights

• Like Like x 4
  8. capp34

Week 3 players of the week
    [​IMG]

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Excellent work bro

10. capp34

Mid Season Report Card
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Blue Raiders have had a very tough start to the going 0-6 and are looking to pick up a win in any fashion. With conference play starting up they will have plenty of opportunities to notch their first victory and maybe make some noise in the Sun Belt. I don’t think a lack of talent that has them winless I think its more about the stiff competition they have faced. They also started very slowly on scoring 17 total points in the first 3 games but it seems they have finally got the offense in gear and nearly knocked off GTECH by putting up 42. Unfortunately the high offensive output didn’t last as the Blue Raiders fall to the Warhawks of ULM in a big conference game.
    [​IMG]
    Mid Season Grade: C-
    [​IMG]
    The ULM Warhawks have a decent start to the season going 3-2 and looking to make some noise in the Sun Belt. After two tough but competitive losses to BCS schools the WarHawks have bounced back and are now on a 3 game winning streak and have a huge game coming up against Western Kentucky. It doesn’t seem like the Hawks are having any trouble moving the ball on offense but the defense can use a little work because they have not given less than 25 in the four games to start the season. It seems they are on their way to have a nice chance to make a run for the conference title if they keep up their winning ways.
    [​IMG]
    Mid Season Grade: B+
    [​IMG]
    The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers have had an unbelievable start to the season going 5-0 and knocking off a top 20 ranked Wisconsin on the opening weekend of the season. The offense is moving the ball just enough to keep the team in the game until the defense can settle down and make some stops in the second half. The strength of the team so far is the rushing game with senior quarterback K. Jakes leading the way with 7 touchdown passes and 4 rushing touchdowns. This team has the talent to make some noise in college football this year and it all depends on the consistency on the offense side of the ball to make it happen.
    [​IMG]
    Mid Season Grade: A
    Team Stats and Sun Belt Rank
    Offense
    Total Offense - ULM 2908 yds (2nd) - MTSU 2554 yds (5th) - WKU 2166 yds (8th)
    Passing - MTSU 1554 yds (4th) - ULM 1169 yds (5th) - WKU 1003 yds (8th)
    Rushing - ULM 1088 yds (1st) - WKU 782 yds (4th) - MTSU 379 yds (9th)
    Points Per GM - ULM 30 (2nd) - WKU 29.8 (2nd) - MTSU 14.5 (8th)
    Defense
    Total Defense (yds allowed) - WKU 1251 yds (1st) - ULM 1973 yds (6th) - MTSU 2383 (9th)
    Passing - WKU 819 yds (1st) - ULM yds 1246 (8th) - MTSU 1308 yds (9th)
    Rushing - WKU 432 yds (1st) - ULM 727 yds (4th) - MTSU 1075 yds (8th)
    Points - WKU 68 (1st) - ULM 727 (5th) - MTSU 201 (9th)
    Giveaways - WKU 5 (3rd) - MTSU 9 (4th) - ULM 19 (9th)
    Takeways - MTSU 7 (5th) - ULM 7 (5th) - WKU 6 (8th)
    Good Luck in Conference Play

• Like Like x 4
  11. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

MTSU 2012 Season Review
    MTSU finished with an identical record as the 2011 campaign (2-10). MTSU was out-manned on defense and easily had the worst defense in the SUN BELT in 2012 (by nearly 100 points). The sky is the limit in 2013 as MTSU returns 10/11 starters on DEF. Their OFF and DEF MVPs will return as well as the starting QB and RB. "I really think we can get back to a bowl game in 2013. We return almost everyone and we've picked up some commitments from some DBs who can step right in and play."

• Sr. KR Harold Turner Jr was the lone MTSU Blue Raider named to the All SUN BELT team released today. He averaged 31 yards on kick returns with 3 TDs.

Offensive MVP
    offmvp.PNG

Defensive MVP
    defmvp.PNG

Special Teams MVP
    stmvp.PNG

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  12. capp34

Post Season Awards
    [​IMG]
    4 All Conference Players
    [​IMG]
    1 All Conference Player
    [​IMG]
    2 Second Team All Americans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    14 All Conference Players
    Entire Conference Teams
    1st Team
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2nd Team
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  13. capp34

Welcome to Season 2
    [​IMG]

14. capp34

Preseason Selections
    1st Team All Conference
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2nd Team All Conference
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Player Spotlight - Preseason Heisman Hopeful
    [​IMG]

15. capp34

Coaches Corner with the Holtz!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1. Who will be your Impact Players on offense and defense?
    • well all in all, we have a young group of guys on both sides of the ball and its gonna take a full team effort to get the job done, all of our guys have to do their part on the field, as well as in the study room if we wanna have success this season. with that said tho, we do have seniors on both sides of the ball who we expect to be leaders as well as impact players;
      • on offense we have 5th year sr. Kolton Browning at Qb, a dual threat at his position with alot to prove coming off a strong finish to end last season, he will need to make better decisions with the ball and cut down on the turnovers, that should be the key to success
      • on defense, i look forward to seeing how our cornerback Rob Lewis attempts to control his half of the field in pass coverage and run support
    2. What newcomer to do you see getting on the field and making an impact?
    • great question, you know i think i have two im very interested in seeing! one on offense as well as one on defense;
      • on offense, true freshman Rb Troy Griffin looks to get some carries early on in the season but late in games as he is looking to be a full contact bruiser back
      • on defense we have a guy at Mlb, Kyle White, who will defiantly be seeing many reps at his position
    3. What user gamer are you looking forward to the most?
    • All of 'em!!! lol, but seriously capp put a whipping on me real good last season and id like to keep our rivalry tight for the duration of this title and of course im looking forward to my week 3 conference showdown opponent, jv.
    4. What are your expectations this season?
    • simply put, we just want to improve on last season, we made a ton of mistakes and we are aware of what they are, its called learning and we learned a lot. off the field we want to continue hitting that recruiting trail hard, build for the future, now we have to make a better effort at watching our numbers and making sure we abide by all of the rules outlined and such but i can promise that it was a one time blunder and most probably won't happen again.
    [​IMG]
    • Impact players will be at QB Kilgore and at rb Pratcher. On defense it will be lead by inside linebackers Blount and Carmichael.
    • Impact freshman will be wide receiver Dickerson
    • I'm looking forward to playing coach Capp. He lead his team to a bcs bowl game and I wanna see how close we are to being on that level.
    • On offense we will go as far as the oline will take us. Our offense is based on the run. We like to grind it out and set up the pass. Defense has to be improved. Many holes on defense last year and need to pressure opposing qbs more. My expectations are to get to a bowl game. We'll be disappointed if we don't make one.
    [​IMG]
    • On offense we will look to run the ball more and give K. Simpson more opportunities to run the rock and use his huge frame to tire out opposing defenses. For the defense we once again look to senior MLB A. Jackson to pick up where he left off last as a Butkus award finalist.
    • I can see freshman 6'4'' WR R. Burns coming in and making some timely catches for the offense.
    • I'm looking forward to going to ULM and facing fordtuff and his Heisman canidate QB Browning. I won the meeting last year but I know Ford will come out with his guns blazing on his home field and it will be battle the entire game.
    • As always winning the Sun Belt is what we are playing for and hopefully get into nice bowl game to show those BCS teams we are here to stay. Outside of that I hope we finish the season strong enough so we can gain more prestige and entice some big time recruits to sign with us next season.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. capp34

Western Kentucky Season 2 Highlights
    Back to Back Sun Belt Champs

• Like Like x 2