The Tampa Two-Step: A Buccaneers CCM

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by I Peench, May 3, 2013.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]
    I will use this first post to update records and award winners. To those following my Oakland CCM, that's not dead. I made a few mistakes while running that one that made it a bit too easy, so I wanted to start a new one where I'd be playing the games and could implement some tougher house rules for more of a challenge. This way, I can post video footage and whatnot. Stay tuned, going to have some cool content once this thing gets started! ​

• Like Like x 4
  2. I Peench

A New Sheriff in Town

[​IMG]

Tampa, FL.-Buccaneers owner Malcolm Glazer announced Monday that newly appointed head coach Greg Schaino would be fired before he even started: “I just realized he was a huge douche,” Glazer noted. Schiano will be replaced by the young, energetic assistant Coach Peench – who played his college ball at Notre Dame. Following a solid career, Peench joined the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent. After failing to catch on with the club, he went back to South Bend as a graduate assistant. From there, he climbed the ranks rapidly – quickly being named defensive coordinator in Tampa. Peench brings a very aggressive, attacking style of the 43 to the table, and promises a very balanced approach offensively.

Rumor has it, Glazer was worried about reports that other franchises were targeting Peench. When asked, Peench said “I was officially offered jobs with the Jets and Chargers, but I’d be a fool to turn down the Florida tax rates”. Peench also continued with the following announcement: “We will be wearing the throwback Orange jerseys often, so adjust your tv’s brightness now”.

[​IMG]
    Coach Peench was coveted by many NFL teams. He assumes the head coaching position in Tampa with a distinctly aggressive defensive identity.

I will be using Jarrod’s “Black” slider set: http://www.operationsports.com/foru...9-jarodd21s-madden-13-all-madden-sliders.html

1. Only one player trade allowed per year (offseason and in season)
    2. May never possess more than 2 1st round picks
    3. No use of any scouting guides
    4. No scouting beyond a letter grade
    5. Only allowed to draft 1 storyline player per draft
    6. No trading of players for salary cap purposes. Players will be cut instead.
    7. No poaching of players off FA during the preseason/season. If a player is there that probably shouldn’t be, I will leave him to be signed by a CPU team.
    8. All games will be played
    9. No purchase of the scouting package
    10. No acquisition of a player over 82 overall via free agency
    11. No over-drafting of a player more than 2 rounds
    12. No upgrading of development

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  3. I Peench

Season 1

Team Preview

[​IMG]
    With a new regime in place, this could be a make or break year for QB Josh Freeman

Cap Space: $14.78 Million

Team Goals:
    1. 8+ Team Wins
    2. 2000 rushing yards

Schedule
    Week 1: vs Panthers
    Week 2: @Giants
    Week 3: @Cowboys
    Week 4: vs Redskins
    Week 5: BYE
    Week 6: vs Cheifs
    Week 7: vs Saints
    Week 8: @Vikings
    Week 9: @Raiders
    Week 10: vs Chargers
    Week 11: @Panthers
    Week 12: vs Falcons
    Week 13: @Broncos
    Week 14: vs Eagles
    Week 15: @Saints
    Week 16: vs Rams
    Week 17: @Falcons

Projected Starters:
    QB: Josh Freeman (84)
    HB: Doug Martin (86)
    FB: Erik Lorig (64)
    TE: Dallas Clark (76)
    WR: Vincent Jackson (93)
    WR: Mike Williams (85)
    LT: Donald Penn (93)
    LG: Carl Nicks (95)
    C: Jeremy Zuttah (82)
    RG: Davin Joseph (88)
    RT: Demar Dotson (79)

LE: Michael Bennett (83)
    DT: Gerald McCoy (86)
    DT: Roy Miller (71)
    RE: Adrian Clayborn (81)
    LOLB: Quincy Black (79)
    MLB: Mason Foster (77)
    ROLB: Lavonte David (86)
    CB: Eric Wright (80)
    CB: Leonard Johnson (73)
    FS: Ronde Barber (83)
    SS: Mark Barron (77)

K: Connor Barth (82)

P: Michael Koenen (86)

Analysis: I’ve got a pretty stellar offense here, but much of my success will be dependent on staying healthy and the performance of Josh Freeman. I took this team on because they are only a 73 overall, and they look to have some serious cap issues moving forward. I have no clue what to expect from these sliders, but anything short of an 8-8 season will be a disappointment.

4. I Peench

Season 1

First Quarter Review
    Freeman Free-Fall

[​IMG]
    QB Josh Freeman has really struggled grasping Coach Peench's offense, and has been out of sync with receivers the first four weeks

Week 1: Buccaneers 34 Panthers 32

Doug Martin spins away for a score

Tampa escapes with a last second victory Sunday, as K Connor Barth nailed a 45 yard field goal as time expired. Carolina took a late lead on a Cam Newton run with just 1:15 remaining, but Bucs QB Josh Freeman ran an effective two minute drill to put Barth in position to win the game. Speaking of Newton, he was sensation, completing 91% of his passes for 250 yards and a touchdown pass (1 rushing as well). He was, however, sacked 4 times. Meanwhile, Josh Freeman (233-1-2) recovered from a shaky start, but had Doug Martin (170 yards and 3 TDs) to support him. Gerald McCoy had 2 sacks for the Bucs, while Mason Foster and Michael Bennett had the other two.

Week 2: Giants 42 Bucs 24

[​IMG]
    The Giants demoralized the Bucs

All Giants from the get-go, as Jerrel Jernigan ran the opening kickoff back for a score. After that, Josh Freeman unraveled, throwing 5 interceptions despite surpassing 330 yards. Doug Martin gained 68 yards and a score on 16 carries, while Vincent Jackson caught 12 balls – two for scores. Eric Wright had a pick, while Da’Quan Bowers and Michael Bennett added sacks. Freeman was sacked by the Giants from 4 5 times, while Ahmad Bradshaw ran for over 140 yards and 3 scores.

Week 3: Buccaneers 24 Cowboys 17

Doug Martin continues to be the go-to player on offense

Tampa’s balanced offensive effort (189 rush/222 pass) compensated for 3 turnovers in Sunday’s win over Dallas. Doug Martin had 34 carries for 122 yards and a score, while LeGarrette Blount added 66 yards and a score of his own. Defensively, Lavonte David added a sack, while Anthony Gaitor and Leonard Johnson picked off two of Romos’ passes.

Week 4: Redskins 27 Buccaneers 24

Another terrible game by Josh Freeman (3 TDs/5 INTs) and a lack of a running game resulted in a tough loss to the Skins. Vincent Jackson was the lone offensive star of the game, catching 10 balls for 155 yards and 2 touchdowns, including an acrobatic grab in the 2nd quarter. Lavonte David led all players with 10 tackles and a sack, and Michael Bennett added a sack as well. The Bucs now drop to 2-2 on the year.

Resignings
    K Connor Barth: Contract accepted, 4/$7.2 million

Injuries
    No serious injuries thus far

Draft Stories
    -Many are calling Cal DE Keon Echo the next great NFL defensive end
    -Ohio State RB Hadrien Bellwhether is rated the number one running back prospect in the nation
    -Miami RB Delane Matumbo has moved to fullback due to lack of footspeed

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  5. I Peench

Bucs MartyWebb interesting to note this is "King" Leontus' draft class. As tempting as it is, I'm trying not to draft anyone I remember (which is really only him and Bellweither).

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

That's dumb.... if you have the insider knowledge of a guy (you coached him in college...) you should draft or not draft him based on that not some silly idea of "fairness" :)

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Make it a story.... you tried to recruit him when you were coaching at ND and followed his career, it was a few years later than you hoped, but you finally got your guy!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I Peench

Good point, just want to make this as hard as possible. He's only like 5'9 and 88 speed as a WR, but the dude killed it for me in our last CCM.

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

No shit, if you need access to our spreadsheet, let me know, if nothing else, so you can track what they do in this CCM with/without you.

10. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I like wyrm's idea. im still sitting on that file btw if you ever want to play a game lol.

11. I Peench

Season 1

Play of the First Quarter

Vincent Jackson with a circus catch against the Skins in Week 4

Watch in HD

• Like Like x 1