The Tattoo Thread

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by KnightNoles, Oct 20, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Who has em, show em off and who wants em..

I've been deciding if I want to get one or not... A few factors go into me actually getting it done though.
    lion with a crown​
    [​IMG]
    or a version of this​
    [​IMG]
    or something of faith​
    [​IMG]
    heard once you get one they become addictive...​

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Noles this isn't really directed at you so don't take offense, this is just my opinion in general....

I don't get it, I really don't. Tattoo's are just a fad. I don't see the appeal AT ALL. Only reason guys do it is to "look cool." Sorry but if you feel the need to look cool you, sir, are almost certainly not. Quit over compensating and be real.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I live in Austin, and everyone and their mom has one or is getting a tattoo.
    Every time someone asks me if I have a tattoo, or if Im getting one I say "You dont mess with perfection"

Be hardcore and pick up a boiling cauldron with your forearms, branding a Tiger and Dragon onto them..

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

those tattoo's suck noles.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I like tatoo's long as they look good. I love a good looking tattoo on woman!!

Tattoo's have been around forever and there always around. I would argue against your point of them being a fad.

I got a tattoo, I am a fan of them probably b/c of my father who has a lot more than me.

6. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I agree...if this is your first Tat, I would go with something small to see if you like it first, then if you do, ink away.

I personally do not have any tattoos. Prolly never will.

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I will agree....those are ugly

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I have my son's initial and birthday in Greek on my left tricep.

10. KnightNoles

Guys, I wouldn't necessarily get those and that big... It just one's that I've been thinking about and different combinations of things.
    Leo, my faith and last name...

I'm with Max though don't ruin perfection lol. The other one I would get would be a Knight on a horse with a shield with my coat of arms and the sword drawn...

reason its so hard is because I am a Christian and the body is suppose to be the Temple of God and not suppose to defile it.. But I enjoy looking at them and really do like the artwork. Now if you go Lil' Wayne style, I do think that is tooo much and really is ruining your body (so much money dont know what to do with it....) but who am I to judge ya know?

11. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i have two tats. they both mean something to me. The first one i got was a cross with my grandma's name in it. the second is the state of Louisiana because i love my state i think there is no better place in the world

12. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah i have 2 tats right now. I am taking and getting a couple more soon. I have my Horseshoe with a tribal as shown above. As everyone knows my true passion in the colts/illini and my kids. I will be getting a big one on my back for my kids and the Illini Chief Illiniwek also. Tats are something that you should only get something you are passionate about.

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I have also thought about getting inked. I would get one solely for meaning. I definitely disagree that they are a fad. My buddy has a couple in remembrance of his father who passed from cancer...his fiancée has "hope" written out in a pink and blue ribbon on her wrist for the same reason. Another buddy of mine has his last name tatted on his bicep and the date his father passed encrypted within it.

Which has influenced me to get something simple. Like a cross on the back of my shoulder, my arm, or my chest above my heart...just a simple cross with a single black dot around it in some pattern to represent members of my family.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I have two tats as well, one represents my nationality, and the other the bond of a friendship between me and a friend who died. I'd have more if I was still stupid and didn't care that they cost wayyy too much money for a poor college kid like me. They are addicting though, that's for sure.

15. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

If you're gonna get a tattoo, there are better Narnia characters out there.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bl0ndeRedHead

17. KnightNoles

haha thedeafpoliceman... no I would be just gettin a lion with the crown, I'm a Leo

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

My middle name is Leo (was going to be my first) yet somehow I was born like 2 days after Leo ended and Virgo began

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I have two tattoo's but they are just chinese lettering on my arms. I got the first one when I was 14 but I never found them to be addictive. I have 2 total. I've toyed with getting #3 but....ehhh....they are expensive. There are better things to spend a few hundred bucks on.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL at tats being a fad sorry nothing against you but that's just plain wrong, they are practiced globally and have been done forever.

Bly or a few others might remember somebody at the now defuckt MaddenMania excitedly posting a thread about their tattoo. It said Bros B4 Hoes on it in this gay-ass writing. He never heard the end of it. And you won't either, if you get something dumb.

If you get one, just get something decent.

Lion with a crown
    Broes Before Hoes

21. KnightNoles

22. KnightNoles

true true... This wasn't a thread just about me getting a tattoo but for others to share and the story behind it....

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

24. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Get outta here...​

25. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Wow that's crazy. The guy who did that tattoo is my gf's uncle. Did both of my tats.