The Tennessee Volunteers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jul 21, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

The Tennessee Volunteers

Rocky Top Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. txshrns

txshrns Guest

After only three games Lane Kiffin has been removed as coach of the Tennessee Vols. His questionable recruiting tactics, loose lips, and humiliating loss to the Gators led to his fall from "Rocky Top". He has been replaced by the budding superstar coach "txshrns".

"txshrns" brings a lot of knowledge and passion to the maligned Vol Nation.
    He is a native Texan where football comes right after God and family. The alums from Tennessee will be dancing down Cumberland Ave. within two years as he brings home another Championship Trophy.

On a lighter note, it was reported that Kiffin was last seen running west on I-40 with "Smokey" in hot pursuit.

3. txshrns

txshrns Guest

In the debut of new coach "txshrns" the Tennessee Vols seemed too still be in shock from the sudden coaching change. " We were just not able to execute out there today", said "txshrns".

If the Vols are going to stay in the hunt for the SEC East title things better come together quickly. The Vol quarterbacks had more completions to the defense than to their receiving corps. The running game was none existent.
    The defense kept it close giving up two late touchdowns. Only time will tell if the coaching move was right.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

hey man just wanted to say welcome to the dynasty. I really appreciate your posts and everything. Keep up the great work. What was the score of this one?

5. txshrns

txshrns Guest

#22 Auburn 14
    Tenn. 13

Another heartbreaking loss for the Vols. The team played hard on both sides of the ball but came up a point short. Quarterback Coleman was 16-27 for 174 yds and 3 ints. The ground game was led by M. Hardesty with 91 yds on 28 attempts. "I was pleased with the effort out there today", said "txshrns". I am not sure he understands that wins not effort keeps a coaches job. The crowd was heard chanting after the game "Bring back Johnny Majors" (ouch).

6. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Tenn.-3
    Georgia-28

Again the Vols are humiliated in front of their home crowd. The offenses inability to score from within the 3 yd. line led to the loss. Georgia played most of the game with twelve defenders. They held the Vol rushing attack to 46 yds. BJ Coleman was 19-27 with two completions to the defense. He is being checked for color blindness Monday! Hova played great defense and ran the ball down Tenn. throat. Back to the drawing board!!!!

7. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Alabama-30
    Tenn.-3

If you've ever been "takin' to the wood shed" then you know what happened in Tuscaloosa. It started with a pick six and went down hill from there for the Vols. The offense was stifled by the front four of the pachaderms. "We are going through some real growing pains" said txshrns. The Vol faithful must be having abdominal pains because this kind of play sickens you.

8. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Tenn-44
    S. Car.- 13

The Vols looked like a team on mission Sat. night. After being dominated in Tuscaloosa the "Big Orange" took their frustration out on the Gamecocks. The offense racked up over 500 yds from scrimmage. M. Hardesty ran like a man posessed gaining 244 yds on 30 carries. "I could not be more proud of a young bunch of men", stated txshrns. "I went back to the foundations of football, three yds and a cloud of dust". "I knew things were going our way when I saw the "ole ball coach" without his visor two minutes into the game". Lets hope the foundation doesn't crack.

9. GoGators

Congrats on ending your three game skid! Just remember the ole ball coach's motto though, "You can't spell Citrus Bowl without U-T!"

10. txshrns

txshrns Guest

LOL, he is a classic. I'm glad he came back to the collegiate ranks.

11. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Tenn. came out flat after the dominating win against the Gamecocks. Coleman struggled early throwing two int. in Vol territory. Memphis went out to 9-0 lead in the first quarter. That is when coach txshrns unleashed his ground assault. The rushing attack dessimated the Tigers. Hardesty had 292 yds on the ground. BJ Coleman was 19-27 with 4 tds. "Hardesty is seeing the field really well right now" stated the coach. "The speed of the game seems like it is in slow motion right now" said Hardesty. That is a good sign for the Vol ground pounder because the showdown with Rebels looms.

12. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Tenn- 26
    Vandy-23

Coming off an unusual loss to Ole Miss, Tennessee seemed to overlook Vandy. A major snowstorm hit Knoxville right at kickoff.Both teams seemed evenly matched in the first half.The Vols were down by 13 pts. in the third quarter before taking the lead. Just when it seemed things were in hand Vandy hit a Hail Mary to get into field goal range. The kicker did the rest and it was off to overtime. The Vols stuffed the Comodores on their first possession and kicked a field goal to win it. Coleman was 11-21 with 2 tds. Hardesty rushed for 173 yds on 37 carries. Coach txshrns said "I think my players were more interested in making snow angels than playing ball." Txshrns has never minced words and it looks like there might be some running this week in practice. Tennessee plays the boys from Bourbon country next.

13. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Fla. St.- 29
    Tenn - 21

What a game. Two powers of football collided in their bowl game and the Seminoles came away with the win. Coach LB Fitted had his team prepared and they were able to capitalize on the Vol mistakes. BJ Cloleman threw four ints, one of them turning out to be the game winning score. The Vols ended their season 7-6. " I am proud of these young men", said txshrns. "I believe we have the foundation set for a bright future".

14. GoGators

tough loss but i'm glad to see you're staying positive up in rocky top.

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Did he sign Rocky Top all night long after beating the Gators?

16. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Florida 27
    Tenn 7

Wow! Florida gave the Vols a back shed whoop'in! Tenn. looked like it had the "swine flu" most of the game. "I did not come with a good game plan today" said the Vol coach. "We tried to get too fancy". Coleman had five ints and the lone touchdown. He never found his groove out there. Bryce Brown was held to less than twenty yards rushing. "We'll work hard in practice and be prepared for next weeks battle" said txshrns.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Tenn 55
    Kentucky 28

Things got off to a shaky start for the Vols 3rd head coach this year. The WildCats senior HB Trey Bowland came storming out of the gate with 200 total yard and 2 touchdowns in the first half. Vols QB BJ Coleman fanned the flaming wreckage of the Vols season by throwing a red zone pick 6 late in the second half to give Kentucky the go ahead touchdown.

At halftime, coach WhyGod made the keen suggestion of tackling Bowland prior to him reaching the endzone. After WhyGods rousing words, the Vols came out in second half and made Tenn their proverbial bitch by scoring 34 unanswered points to win the game 55-28.

BJ Coleman ended the day with a respectable 318 yard passing and 2 TDs to go along with his 4 picks. Additionally, Lennon Creed racked up 100 yards rushing on 17 carries, and Gerald Jones snagged 115 receiving yards.

When reached for comment after the game coach WhyGod was concerned about his team lack of yards after contact saying, “In the future it would be better if our players remembered that we are not playing touch football. This week in practice we will be working on keeping our footing in a light breeze.”

18. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Tennessee Tops Maryland

Tennessee 34
    Maryland 6

Tennessee took to the air in the first half with 2 impressive TDs from junior WR Art Evans. Early turnovers also boasted the vols starting field position as an early INT and fumble recovery were both turned into points. The Second half was all about lennon Creer taking it to the defense with some smash mouth football. Creer plowed left, right, and up the middle on his way to 159 yard on 23 carries; Including a late game ankle breaking sweep Creer took 77 yard to the house.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qscH-cJd7gk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qscH-cJd7gk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

After the game the coach was reached for comment:

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Music City Bowl

Tennessee 31
    Miami 0

Tennessee wins the Music City bowl handedly. Strong passing in the first half with a reliable run attack in the second seals the victory for the Vols.

After the game WhyGod was reached for comment:
    (Top gun themed highlight reel)
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJRskVvvcNY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJRskVvvcNY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

20. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

You got some sick ass replays going on here - good job

21. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

IF anyone wants to do highlight reels its not hard. I am using all free software.

-I download the highlights from easportsworld
    -Convert the flv files to mp4 using any FLV converter (free)
    -make the video with pinnacle videospin
    -upload to youtube

22. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

may have to try it out

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What flv converter do you use? I've made videos for another OD like here. I use the firefox plugin download helper but since I'm too cheap to pay to register for it, I get a logo in my vids (upper left corner). Also, the quality in the more zoomed out angles (like press box) isn't great. I'm wondering what you think of whatever flv converter you use.

24. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

the flc converter was actually called "any flv converter" its a trial i guess limited to videos less than 3 minutes in length. But it is free for converting the highlight FLVs to whatever.

what video editing software did you use? Video spin is a bit limited. I can not freeze a frame for a couple seconds, or readout text slowly without writing every variation

25. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

I am embarrased. I guess kids from South Florida have no idea how to play in the snow. Miami just couldn't get anything going on offense and every time we did...turnover. Oh well, nice game dude. I suppose a good @ss kickin is good for the ego now and then.

By the way, I couldn't help but notice that the Canes were wearing Orange jerseys in your highlight reel. But I recall without question that we put on the greens that day so as to not blend in too much with that vomit-like Tennessee color. Strange.

BTW...the reel is sweet. Glad i could help provide some highlights for you! Back to the practice field we go.