The Texas Massacre

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by krbonn76, Jul 15, 2011.

1. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Heading into Austin on Saturday the Rice Owls were a tad nervous of what was in store for them, as the teams took the field it only got worse as Bevo that fat cow of theres made eyes and put a charge on the players as they took the field.

After everything settled down Texas won the toss and chose to defer to the second half. On Rice's first drive of the game and only good one they marched down the field and broke the forty yard line only to have Texas middle linebacker jump out of the stadium to make what Coach Bonner called a glory pick in his post game interview. As the first quarter came down to the end Texas broke the scoring drought on a 53 yard scoring strike to Goodwin.

The second quarter went back and forth as Rice's defense had came to play. Even picking off Gilbert only to fumble it right back in the same play(see highlight on this the ball comes flying out of the screen for forty yards). As time ran down in the half Texas got back on the board with a 23 yard field goal with under a minute to play. Rice feeling a bit loose since they were in the game decides to heave up a long one as time winds downs only to throw a pick with 11 seconds in the half. On the second play of the drive Gilbert shrugs of the half ending sack and closes his eyes and heaves a prayer towards the end zone...the Lord hearing his prayer which results in a painful 45 yard hail mary to end the half.

As the players leave the field dejected you can hear there Coach exhorting them for there hard play. Telling them that they are still in this and they have a whole half to go.

Coming out in the second half Texas gets the ball and marches down and scores on a 30 yard pass to Whaley. The rest was of the quarter was a punt fest capped with a 27 yard field goal with a minute to go.

And now to the good stuff.... After going three and out again Rice had to punt pinning Texas inside there twenty. On first down Gilbert tries to run the option only to gift wrap it to my boy Gaines for an 18 yard touchdown the 1000 fans who made there way from Houston erupt in the schools fight song and dead silence falls in Austin! Alas the rest of the forth goes back and forth and the game comes to an end with Texas beating Rice 27-7.

In the post game interview Coach Bonner seemed optimistic about there teams future stating that " eventhough we have a tough road ahead of us this year we are moving in the right direction and it is a matter of time before we come back here and claim the crown of Texas from the Longhorns."

2. TJM

TJM Walk On

Super LBs in this game are annoying again. They were supposed to be limited but once again they can jump like jordan, swat, and pick immaculate passes.

3. TJM

TJM Walk On

LOL that fumble was hilarious! and nice option pick!

4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Why thank you! That fumble was crazy it left the field in a heartbeat, wish my knee was down i might have had a chance to score on offense. I doubt it since i had only 75 yards on offense.

5. TJM

TJM Walk On

Im having troubles with offense this year. I need to be more patient. I also can not stand the warps that still happen on occasion and the superman LBs.