The Tradition Recruiting - 2015

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by HotRod, Oct 12, 2012.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The Razorbacks got 2 instant commits on week 3:

[​IMG]

Brown will be redshirted next season where he can build up on his strength and awareness and be in the mix to start at LT in 2017.
    [​IMG]

Carter fills a big need at SS and will be the backup from day one. He likely will be rated higher than he is now once the college season starts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How did Justin Brown's ACC go DOWN to a 94? LOLOL

Nice couple of croots to start out with, Twister. I wouldn't be surprised to see the SS OVR stay right where it is, that MCV is baaad but solid player overall with solid speed. Like the T too. Good quicks and incredible PBK rating..

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Huge signing for the Gamecocks as we stole a prized recruit from Texas A&M and MaxATX34 home turf. This guy is essentially a carbon copy of Helli's freshman HB Kenny Bailey. Cook is slightly stronger and 1-2 points higher on some of the power categories but this guy is pretty much the same back. I thought I screwed up bc I basically forgot to recruit him while rushing through week 2 recruiting. Maybe Cook can end up as a Marcus Lattimore type back for us.

[​IMG]

We've been lucky 2 seasons in a row getting a starting caliber DE like this in recruiting. Johnson already has an advanced pass rushing skill set. Good speed and strength as well. Doesn't have a great burst but he's not there to be a full time rush end. We are very happy to sign another stud DE.

[​IMG]

Davis is a solid guard prospect out of Iowa. Haven't fully scouted him so don't have his strength yet but we like is ratings especially the fact that he is a pretty athletic guard. He will be great in plays where he has to pull.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice signing HotRod , I don't see them as being all that similar but glad you're happy with it lol

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

:mad::mad::mad: and I had a x2 this week lol. His speed goes up to a 94 or something...

We look forward to shutting him down in the future.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Hellisan Beside the different size and race, they look pretty similar to me, lol
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can agree with that much. Max says he's a 94 speed, if that's the case he may be way better, but I don't think you'll get some of the true power back animations without the weight.

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

HotRod - do you do all the editing or do we edit our own team's stuff? if we edit our own...link?

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Give me your email addy and I'll give u access

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
  13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Three decent replays by last year's recruit Kenny Bailey in our latest game...

All his crazy tackle breaking and good yardage after contact animations were on shorter runs, but you can still see how he stumbles out of a tackle attempt behind the LOS on a screen pass, and has surprising agility for a guy his size avoiding an open field tackle attempt at full speed without a juke on that same play. HotRod I am interested to see how the guy with the better speed but similar power ratings plays in comparison at 195 lbs...

LINK

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Hellisan

Cook ended up being 90 spd, here he is fully scouted compared to Bailey. It will definitely be interesting to see how he runs being a smaller guy but I'm looking forward to having him in my offense for years to come.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

In terms of the ratings, cannot deny he is an absolute (slightly better) clone, lol... wow.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

Really like this TE for what we do. Depth at the position will allow for a redshirt. That time in the weight room should help him out, but he looks ready to go right now. He is a beast when blocking and his Rushing stats look good too. He could be trouble for defenses when has the ball in his hands. TAMU and LSU have been fighting it out over recruits, and after losing an ATH we really wanted it is good to return the favor.

[​IMG]

Looking at this guys stats it is hard to see how he ends up at 78 OVR... I like his Acceleration, tackling, and block shedding skills though. We need Strong Safeties bad and it is nice to get an actual SS instead of switching a FS over. Will definitely redshirt. Coaches would like for him not to have to see the field until he adds a step or two of speed.

[​IMG]

TAMU seems to be lacking some studs at End to compliment their great DT's, so Coach Max decided to go after some playmakers at the position in this class. Horne looks great. Perfect size and great quickness about him. Redshirt or not, 1 or two years in the system and he will be a handful for opposing OL.

[​IMG]

Our 2nd :5stars: in this class... Maxwell looks a lot like Horne just slightly bigger. Coaches have been trying to build a pipeline in Florida, and this signing will definitely help in that department.

[​IMG]

Boom! Hunt fell through a lot of teams' radar, but Coaches loved when they saw after scouting him. He definitely is better than his :3stars: rating would suggest. A redshirt would put him into elite status and the depth chart favors that scenario. Great size and speed coupled with devastating hits. TAMU is very happy with this signing.

[​IMG]

Texas A&M grabs one of the best legs in the country for the 2nd year in a row. Great power. Holds multiple HS kicking/punting records.

[​IMG]

Another talented DE croot. Pretty similar to the other 2. Coaches will look for one of them to separate themselves from the rest, but just eyeballing it... I'd say Robinson is the most likely to get shirted.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I went big this year and have already lost quite a few recruits. Despite TAMU's 6star rating, they arent quite ready to beat out the big boys consistently.

My schedule this year hasnt helped either. My last home game was Week 3 and I dont have another home game until Week 8 (next week). I am hanging on for dear life to this 1 QB I really want. It seems I drop a spot every week and am #4 on his list right now! That said, we are all basically tied for the lead and the top 4 schools on his list are all "0" points behind. He is soft committed to Michigan right now, but he visits me first.

Just trying to Hold On Loosely like these guys...
    [​IMG]

Edit: I just want to say again that the Google Doc for recruiting is awesome.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  18. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Arkansas signed one more to add to 3:

[​IMG]

After a RS year, he should be in the mix as a starter in the new 3-4 defense.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Rich get richer, SC gets Cam Newton part 2, FML...

• Like Like x 1
  20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

arrgh! we lost the #1 QB to Michigan...

• Like Like x 1
  21. mboda

mboda Walk On

Big week of recruiting for Maryland with 5 players signing including three 5 star recruits.

Ill post the details tomorrow.

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    You talking about Roger Gatewood? He's far from Cam Newton, in fact he looks like a WR to me. He's not a strong passer, at least not what I look for. I went after him seeing him playing WR.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

- Rogers was overlooked by the ESPN scouts, but is is a very talented player with a high ceiling. He should be a reserve next season and a starter the following season.

[​IMG]

- Colvin is a very solid end and that is a key area for Mississippi State. He is a solid player with good combination of speed and size.

[​IMG]

- We have not seen all the tape on Kent but he appears to be a solid player. Once we get more tape, we will project his role with this team.

24. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

2015 croot 1.PNG 2015 croot 2.PNG 2015 croot 3.PNG 2015 croot 4.PNG 2015 croot 5.PNG 2015 croot 6.PNG 2015 croot 7.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Great group of players Gravity - Especially like Slaughter, what a find and he will be a monster.