The Ultimate Club Team Make-Up

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by BlyGilmore, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

The Ultimate Club Team Make-Up

Just doing some thinking about club matches, and what kind of team would be "perfect" for online matches.

4-1-2-1-2

- Four defenders pushed all the way back.

- Defensive minded midfielder who's job is to control the middle of the pitch and link up with the attacking players. He needs to not be too aggressive and be the first defense against a counter attack pushing up the middle.

- Two central midfielders who push down the sides of the pitch looking to either hit the CAM in the middle of the field or cross into the strikers.

- A Central Attacking Midfielder looking to fire from range or pass into the strikers in traffic. He plays just behind the two strikers while also covering the keepers left handed post.

- Targetman Striker. A larger, stronger striker who's job it is to plant in front of the goal and be a target for crosses and other passes - volleying in goals or heading them in.

- Speedy, Counter Attacking Striker - A smaller, quicker striker who uses his pace to find openings on the pitch and force the issue. He would play slightly behind the targetman and shade toward keepers right hand side.

Again just thinking out loud, but i bet if we tailor some of our players to these roles going into a match we might do better. One of the cool things about the virtual pro is you can change their vitals as often as you like. So if you're going to be the speedy striker, you can lower the weight and height of your pro - changing his acceleration, speed, strength and other attributes. When you are done you can change him back.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Great post. Here's my insight from playing with almost everyone at some point or another.

- Four defenders pushed all the way back. Mutt's formation has this and it seems to have worked fairly well. I think another point is for someone to upload some custom tactics that have the guys that are CPU controlled to mark and attack the ball carrier better. It's too easy for people to make runs into space for some reason that I don't really understand.

- Defensive minded midfielder who's job is to control the middle of the pitch and link up with the attacking players. He needs to not be too aggressive and be the first defense against a counter attack pushing up the middle. I think Bly and Cole meet this role. Cole does a great job of cutting out the through balls that everyone online likes to use excessively. Bly does a great job of starting an attack from an interception.

- Two central midfielders who push down the sides of the pitch looking to either hit the CAM in the middle of the field or cross into the strikers. Del is definitely a guy who likes to makes runs up the sides. Mutt is also good at it but is playing any most of the time. Kid and Sunshine are also are good here.

- A Central Attacking Midfielder looking to fire from range or pass into the strikers in traffic. He plays just behind the two strikers while also covering the keepers left handed post. Ryno and I probably fit this role the best. Ryno is more of a CM who likes to distribute the ball while my guy is more of a threat with headed attempts in the box and also a long range threat.

- Targetman Striker. A larger, stronger striker who's job it is to plant in front of the goal and be a target for crosses and other passes - volleying in goals or heading them in. Polo and BigDood fit this role. Although with BigDood on, we might consider moving polo to the counter attacking role as he's a better passer in the box. Polo is a threat in the box.

- Speedy, Counter Attacking Striker - A smaller, quicker striker who uses his pace to find openings on the pitch and force the issue. He would play slightly behind the targetman and shade toward keepers right hand side. Murk, Bly, Ryno, Cole, or kid can fit this role, but I don't necessarily know how fast any of them are. Kid and Cole are probably best suited at serving the ball as they are some of the best we have.

3. BlyGilmore

I think there's a lot of overlap in the skill sets of our players. The key for me would be a) defining not only a position but a role at the outset b) taking an extra couple of seconds to customize the height and weight of our player to that role.

Some of the stats can vary a ton depending on what you pick. Right now my VP is set to be a balanced attacking forward/CAM. So he's 6'2" and like 185. I lose some speed points doing that, but I'm better able to hold defenders off and position myself in the box.

Depending on the position, he could be a 6'5" behemoth that'll move slowly up and down the pitch, but dominate in the box. Or I could make him 5'8", have my speed up to around 85ish and fly all over the place.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Right, I think my guy is pretty vanilla right now. He's 6'0'' 180 I think. But he seems to do most everything but defend pretty well. It also helps that I have almost 80% of my achievements done, including all of the shot power, header, and long shot ones.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I know I suck, but the one that fits the way I think is the Central Attacking Midfielder..

I try to get my passes off as quickly as possible, lead people etc..
    I've also been trying to work on not turning the ball over, and I noticed if you are making a run with the ball and do a quick stop with LB or RT the defender flys by you and there are more passing lanes/oppurtunities..

Still practicing

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I like playing CDM because it gives me more a set role. Also I'm a lot better at setting up runs from the space I have after a turnover than snaking through defenders like the strikers have to. Also I think drifter is perfect for CAM since he hits the net with a fury from every where. So let's play tonight!

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, let's play! I don't care, just put me somewhere and tell me what to do!!

I start my off season tonight so I'd be availbable any time before 11 EST

8. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I like playing LM/LAM with the option to come into the box when the build up is from the right. My guy is left footed 5 ft 10 inches and 158lbs this gives him good speed for wing play and am at 81% accomplishments. I am now working on getting the defensive ones so as i can help out more defensively as well. If you wish me to change height n weight or position etc pls don't hesitate to say.

I really enjoy the Clubs games and think we have a great bunch of guys playing it. Just for you Drifter i will work on crossing the ball in a liittle earlier lol.

I do think we gotta talk Hellisan into getting the game as well lol

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Ha, don't worry about it. I wasn't trying to critique you or anything. I just know Mutt likes to get them in early and typically there is a bit more room as opposed to a straight cross when the service comes from the same line as the last defender.

10. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Yeah no worries I agree maybe a mix would be good

11. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Geez Del, my guy is only at 10% accomplishments. I'm not a fan of the be a pro seasons, is that how you were able to get all those accomplishments?

About the formations, do you guys have the work rates and player runs set?

It sure seems as if everyone is jumping on the fifa bandwagon, it's about time, i think all you new fifa guys will love the game, it's the best game going.

12. BlyGilmore

I have probably gotten most of my unlocks from playing Manager Mode. I play with a Serie B team and my guy straight dominates. Now I have to play a bunch of games with him at CB to get some of the defensive unlocks to help my midfield trolling ;-)

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I've unlocked most of mine through be a pro mode, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do all the same stuff in Manager mode. Just might take you longer since you have control over personnel and the like.

I started out in BAP at some lowly belgium team and dominated for a year. Now I'm with Chelsea and although I'm not scoring as many goals, I actually have people to cross the ball to.

14. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I play wherever I am needed. If it seems we are struggling on defense Ill grab a CDM or RM/LM. If no one takes the strikers, forwards, ill grab one of them. But I always look to pass to the open guy first rather than shoot.

My only criticism is that I know we all want to score, and we are all guilty of it, but if someone is open, hit them with a pass.

I see 2, 3 heck even 4 on 1's and the guy with the ball doesnt pass. But there is a fine line between passing too much and not enough. Dont get timid, if you have an open shot, take it, but if we have numbers it makes sense to pass it to the opposite sides of the box.

Defense isnt the problem (unless were really outclassed) its the offense.

15. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I got them in both be a pro and manager mode I started at watford in manager mode n use 4 defenders set to stay back 2 wide mid/wingers 1 cdm set to mainly defend 1 cam set to attack n sit just behind 2 strickers. I use lots of short quick passes n run the wings with the occasional run down the middle. I have done 5 full seasons in manager mode n bout 3 in be a pro mode. I do move my vp to different positions in different games to suit what accomplishments i want to improve on.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Thats exactly what I did Bly....I started a new MM and put my guy as a CB. I play him all over the defense and its helping get some of the other atts up. Im tryin hard to play catch up here since I had to delete my guy. Ill soon be ready to roll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.