The Uncanny Corner

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Raidernation, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Hers is a video of a 74 overall corner ( 51 awr - 73 ply rec - 80 zn ) winning the starting job next season. Its an example of the abilities these DB's have and why a patch is needed​

Now I know you most might think I threw it straight to him so I brought the​
    film​

example 1.jpg

Notice the QB still holding the rock yet the DB makes the break for the spot the ball is headed​

example 2.jpg

as you can see I'm was bunched up on the left and he's about 4 yards outside the hash and breaking on a SPOT the ball isn't thrown to yet​

example 3.jpg

Here's a different angle. These frame shots are all at the same time the QB hasn't begun his throwing motion and this guy breaking for a wideout 10 to 15 yards away. It's cover 2 and yes the guy rode the curl route and is making his way to the open area but at 51 awr and 73 play rec I'd say this guy knows the future​

example 4.jpg

After the ball was thrown you can see him well on his way to a freebie while my wideout with the ball over his head continues on his route unaware. This all happened in a matter of seconds the option I chose was my dump off (hot read) cause the DB in question wasn't close enough to make a play or so I thought. Some would say its a hell of a play on the ball, I would too .... once a year . At the current rate this type of thing occurs ALL THE TIME and its very annoying.​

Now here is the flipside of the problem. My saftey is rated 89 overall ( 85 awr - 90 ply rec - 90 zn ) he was involved in a similar play same cover 2 srtong trips tho.​

example 5.jpg

Same deal right before he's set to throw ( I'm the on the line for this one ) the D was supposed to play the pass​

example 6.jpg

Why the user AI doesn't take notice to the lack of assignments I don't know. Look at my FS near the EA sign, still back pealing at a time when Virginia's Play maker (74 ovr 51 awr 73 ply rec 80 zn ) had the drop on the whole thing.​

example 7.jpg

he does however break on the play as the QB arm rises, and with 4 yards between them its a touchdown.​
    My dumb ass forgot to save the actual play.​
    @BigKing @ C Young CharlestonUSC clayandlbf Cocky Marine eberdeeber gwill InfiniteMTX Magoo NickDangerously pnc RyanC xassassin4lifex, this is why I say a patch is needed. I know they won't get it perfect and this might be a small issue, it should be addressed. What do ya'll think?​

2. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

The safety's responsibility is not that area so his reaction should be late, thats a linebackers coverage or a nickelbacks coverage (in the second situation). In cover two that is, unless he bit down on a pump fake....even if you rolled your coverage over he shouldnt get there. the only play the safety could have is to hit the receiver after he catches it a maybe he dislodges it. you would have to audible youir safety to cover that area. basic cover 2 wont get it done.

3. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Sorry..but i just rewatched the 1st video and you threw right into coverage. The DB is picking up the receiver as he's leaving 1 zone and coming into another zone. The new defensive AI is all about passing off receivers into different zones. Last edition the defense would follow the receiver into the zone creating huge holes over the middle, now they pass the receivers off like they do in real life. It looks like good D to me....I actually think the pass Defense by the computer is pretty accurate. When I make bad throws I know I made a bad throw. We could make the CPU pass defense harder for all I care. MY passing game sucks cause my QB has a 74 accuracy.....Sorry raider...I disagree on the Uncanny Corner!

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Wow the game will never be perfect guys. It's not real life it's a dang video game. It will NEVER be perfect. Chill out with all this. It's like playing video games with a bunch of girls crying all the time.

5. Raidernation

Very understandable opinion, and I appreciate the insight. I still think its crazy that at his rating he jumped a drag route like that from the other side of the field AND my wide out doesn't even play the ball. No pump fake or anything. It's an adjustment thing true, but its also too much anticipation on the behalf of the D the CB left a receiver open to go to a spot where the ball wasn't yet, wasn't even thrown. The animation was already in motion. Got another example check it out.​

misscue.jpg

Pretty safe throw right ? Saftey bites outside, drag underneath, slant over the top single coverage​

misscue 2.jpg

Even better CB is visibly out of the play for the ball. Notice the Safety now in pursuit.​

misscue 3.jpg

And bam these snap shots aren't that far apart seconds wise, look at the safety now at the ten.​

Small things.... I won this game no problem like I said this sh#t is just crazy annoying and needs to be patched along with the other numerous issues.​

6. Raidernation

Girls crying is the wrong word usage. If you read the post I pretty much stated everything you just said. My intention of the post was to clarify something I posted earlier. Without a patch running numbers won't change and sliders won't do shit. Thanks for the comment though.

7. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Always welcome. Let me know if there's anything else.

8. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

OK..that one was a better example..you gotta shield him off I guess. try coming back to the ball

9. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Man...don't pay any attention to this guy. he doesn't post anything positive or constructive on the boards at all. You posted legitimate concerns. I think the first two examples you posted were bad reads. The 3rd one , he did undercut you, but you can control the receiver and come back to the ball

10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

With NO due respect Infant you're pathetic. EVERY single thing you post on the boards are either insulting someone, talking bad about someone, being a smartass, a jerk, etc. 95% of the drama that happens on the forums is centered around you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.